Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-2 05:17
Unfortunately, it is really impossible to adjust the sound intensity in this case by software. An intermediary element in the form of a transistor would be needed. Besides, the buzzer could fake the sound. It is designed for a fixed parameter. The on / off operation mode remains, either the old, proven patent with a screw, or the pressure with a spring.

Thanks for the info, but they could upgrade the firmware to include an off? To be honest, even if they did agree, it would take a long time, prob have another AC by then, if not then I will deffo do one of the mods to it...
2021-8-2
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-2 05:17
Unfortunately, it is really impossible to adjust the sound intensity in this case by software. An intermediary element in the form of a transistor would be needed. Besides, the buzzer could fake the sound. It is designed for a fixed parameter. The on / off operation mode remains, either the old, proven patent with a screw, or the pressure with a spring.

I think you are mistaken. The beeper is beeping on and off so there is already some beeper-on-beeper-off controller. It is not a continuous beeping beeper. It is rather uncommon for any beeper to have a built-in soundcontroller. This to my opinion means that it is not at all "unfortunately impossible" to add a beeper-shutup button in the app. However, maybe you were able to study the electrical diagram or the parts list. I have no access to them.
2021-8-2
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

DJI Does Not Respond. As Expected. Too Bad.
2021-8-7
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Wilfried5719 Posted at 8-7 04:58
DJI Does Not Respond. As Expected. Too Bad.

They already have .... we do appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and we'll forward this feedback to our developers ... But nothing will happen anyway because it is such an "important safety feature".
2021-8-7
Use props
Mato71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205351 ft
Chile

+1... We should get the options to mute that horrible sound. Can´t understand why they can´t do it
2021-8-7
Use props
rawilsonwriter
New
Flight distance : 191371 ft
United States

Well, you could do this at your own risk, but if you want to permanently disable the buzzer, it's located directly below the lights on the front of the controller, with the center of the buzzer being about 10mm up from the bottom. One could conceivably just drill a tiny hole through the front cover and directly  into the center of the buzzer to permanently disable it. Anyone taken the controller apart? Maybe they could provide exact measurements to where the center of the buzzer is. I dont know if this would break some sort of circuit int he remote, but I doubt it. Anyway, try it and let us all know, but do so at your own risk and dont blame me if you break it.
2021-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rawilsonwriter Posted at 9-1 14:07
Well, you could do this at your own risk, but if you want to permanently disable the buzzer, it's located directly below the lights on the front of the controller, with the center of the buzzer being about 10mm up from the bottom. One could conceivably just drill a tiny hole through the front cover and directly  into the center of the buzzer to permanently disable it. Anyone taken the controller apart? Maybe they could provide exact measurements to where the center of the buzzer is. I dont know if this would break some sort of circuit int he remote, but I doubt it. Anyway, try it and let us all know, but do so at your own risk and dont blame me if you break it. [view_image]

Here ya go ;)

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=244400&pid=2521821
2021-9-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

After years of flying DJI drones, this question never gets old.
2021-9-1
Use props
djiuser_oIWnsKmnrioK
New

United States

The beeping is a dumb feature. One option is to return the product to Costco. This will get their attention.
2021-9-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_oIWnsKmnrioK Posted at 9-18 09:21
The beeping is a dumb feature. One option is to return the product to Costco. This will get their attention.

I highly doubt that lol
2021-9-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

When the warranty runs out on my DJI 2 I will disassemble the controller and add a volume knob.
2021-9-19
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

HowTo ShutUp that Beeper ?!

This is how I halted that beeper to  me anymore :

A- Order a nice wrap for the controller to cover the small damages it will have when getting that bloody beeper to shut up.
B- Arrange the following stuff before you start : a very small starscrewdriver (with a decent grip, the dji one will not do the job), a flatbladed screwdriver, plasticcard or a small spoon (two of them would be a better idea)
C- To shutup that beeper : superglue and a small piece of flat plastic.
D- Or use a small screw to put in the hole of the beeper.
E- Selfadhesive tape will for sure not silence that beeper. Six layers did not make any noticable difference.

1- Remove the phone and the cable.
2- Remove the two screws underneath the rubberbuttons at the top.
3- Remove the two screws in the bottom of the joystickholders at the bottom.
4- Spread the body with your hands starting at the antenna area. There are only two hooks there so it is more easy there.
5- Keep the body separated there with one hand and use ie a screwdriver, plasticcard or a small spoon to unclick the first hooks at one side of the antenna.
6- Work around the case at both sides equally from the antenna to the bottom.
7- Take care to Not Pull the casings apart yet. First unplug the two small cables that connect the topcase to the bottomcase.
8-  Now put in superglue in the holeof the beeper and use a small pin to push it really inside.
9- Then put enough glue on top of the beeper  and glue on the smallplasticstrip.
10- Now it is Silent !
11- You can test that by pushing the small white button which normally is activated by the pushbutton of the controller. Use ie a small screwdriver and push that button twice as you do normally.
12- Test that, you don't need to wait for the glue to be dry. The way I did this job you do not hear the beeper at all anymore. Hurrah !
13- Be sure to check the position of the speedselector-button at the bottomcasing !
14- Align the sliderbutton at the topcasing accordingly. It has no friction so it is best to continue the re-assembly of the casings by holding them a bit to the (same) side.
15- Slide them both all to the right or all to the left.
16- Put in the rubbers at the bottom that are supposed to hold the joysticks (since they are rather unwilling to settle afterwards).
16- Click the casings completely together starting at the bottomside.
17- Check that speedbutton !
18- Check the controller for functioning.
19- Put in the four small screws.
20- Done ! Sorry, what did you beep ???

F- Chance is high you will damage the casings a bit (or even a bit more). The nice black silicone wrap I use hides that and I have no problem with that situation.
G- No Beep is all I want and this is the way to achive that.

2021-9-21
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

The pictures :
2021-9-21
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Dji bos hoog ver 1000.jpg
11 P2900863 1000.jpg
11 P2900864 1000.jpg
63 P2900849 1000.jpg
11 P2900863 1000.jpg
11 P2900864 1000.jpg
21 P2900847 1000.jpg
21 P2900848 1000.jpg
31 P2900857 1000.jpg
31 P2900859 1000.jpg
31 P2900860 1000.jpg
41 P2900851 1000.jpg
51 P2900865 1000.jpg
51 P2900868 1000.jpg
61 P2900854 1000.jpg
63 P2900849 1000.jpg
11 P2900863 1000.jpg
2021-9-21
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Sorry for the mess now. There are pictures uploaded that I did not select and that not even are in the dir I choose. It is obviously not possible to remove them. Besides that I continously get the message :Your last saved post has been recovered [url=]Click Here to Recover[/url]. But Nothing happens and I have no idea.

Except about DJI ... Pffuuuhhhh .....

2021-9-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you shut it up permanently?  I wont be doing that method, i like the one with the wee resistor t quieten it some and adds a led too
2021-9-21
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 9-21 06:53
Did you shut it up permanently?  I wont be doing that method, i like the one with the wee resistor t quieten it some and adds a led too
Yes I did, I Never Compromise.

I support your idea for a led, but not the one for a resistor. You will have to completely uninstall the pcb and desolder the beeper for that. How and where to install that resistor ? What resistance do you need ? And more important : what wattage does it have to be ? Too small it could melt or even burn. Too big it might not fit mechanically. Succes.

All info you possibly need is on the phone. A matter of changing focus. And also of avoiding so many unwanted focus (of passers by). Even the four leds informing about the batterystatus are a pain in the ass in the evenings and nights. They then shine like a lighthouse. I then have to pull my pullover over the controller to avoid "fans".
2021-9-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wilfried5719 Posted at 9-21 09:39
Yes I did, I Never Compromise.

I support your idea for a led, but not the one for a resistor. You will have to completely uninstall the pcb and desolder the beeper for that. How and where to install that resistor ? What resistance do you need ? And more important : what wattage does it have to be ? Too small it could melt or even burn. Too big it might not fit mechanically. Succes.

Its all in the video i posted the other day, a clear and concise instructional video.
The beeper isn't just used for the RTH, it lets you know that you've turned it on/off and that the rc is not being used, i think there is more but its 1am and I've just woke up lol
As for the led's just keep some blutack in your bag
2021-9-21
Use props
HYADUM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66801 ft

United Kingdom

This is crazy! why don't they just let us turn it off with one click of the button like they used to?

I bought a mini 2 a week ago and since then this noise is annoying my neighbours they don't mind the drone but the noise is very annoying and should be able to be disabled like it was in the previous model.

Disappointed that people are having to damage their controllers just to stop the annoying noise

I'm still within my amazon return window I might send it back for a refund because it is very annoying.
2021-10-9
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

HYADUM Posted at 10-9 04:36
This is crazy! why don't they just let us turn it off with one click of the button like they used to?

I bought a mini 2 a week ago and since then this noise is annoying my neighbours they don't mind the drone but the noise is very annoying and should be able to be disabled like it was in the previous model.

Yeah1, you really have to make up your mind in this since DJI will not help you. As was predicted at the starting of this post already.

It will for sure not only be your "neighbours" that will be annoyed. All your "neighbours" in a circle of at least ie 50 meters (when already in a noisy area) to over a 100 meters (evenings, when more quiet) will be annoyed to my experience. And one of them might (will) get less friendly some time (soon) and come over to "tell' you droneflying is not allowed "here". I once even had a discussion (not) with a man who then called the police.

Even the ledlights at the drone and the controller act like lighthouses when flying  in the sunset or dark. I am about to dim them with tape so I can just use the drone when camping in remote areas were I for sure do not want to have any visitors of "whatever kind". My tip is to make a testflight in the dark and then see what happens when the battery gets empty. The dronelight at the bottom (...) turns into a (Very Bright) red flashlight and easily activates the police and/or the firebrigade and/or anyone passing by.

Yeah2, several aspects of the Mini 2 drone and the Fly-app could easily be improved, and at no cost. However expectations are that will Not Happen. Why should DJI, all reviewers worldwide are clapping hands and not one reviewer worldwide is mentioning these aspects, let alone complaining about them.
2021-10-9
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

HYADUM Posted at 10-9 04:36
This is crazy! why don't they just let us turn it off with one click of the button like they used to?

Yeah1, you really have to make up your mind in this since DJI will not help you. As was predicted at the starting of this post already.

It will for sure not only be your "neighbours" that will be annoyed. All your "neighbours" in a circle of at least ie 50 meters (when already in a noisy area) to over a 100 meters (evenings, when more quiet) will be annoyed to my experience. And one of them might (will) get less friendly some time (soon) and come over to "tell' you droneflying is not allowed "here". I once even had a discussion (not) with a man who then called the police.

Even the ledlights at the drone and the controller act like lighthouses when flying  in the sunset or dark. I am about to dim them with tape so I can just use the drone when camping in remote areas were I for sure do not want to have any visitors of "whatever kind". My tip is to make a testflight in the dark and then see what happens when the battery gets empty. The dronelight at the bottom (...) turns into a (Very Bright) red flashlight and easily activates the police and/or the firebrigade and/or anyone passing by.

Yeah2, several aspects of the Mini 2 drone and the Fly-app could easily be improved, and at no cost. However expectations are that will Not Happen. Why should DJI, all reviewers worldwide are clapping hands and not one reviewer worldwide is mentioning these aspects, let alone complaining about them.
2021-10-9
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 9-21 16:15
Its all in the video i posted the other day, a clear and concise instructional video.
The beeper isn't just used for the RTH, it lets you know that you've turned it on/off and that the rc is not being used, i think there is more but its 1am and I've just woke up lol

For me videos are never ever a handy "instructionmanual" (for technical matters). You have to install your laptop or desktop first at your bench. Then the film is running so much too fast compared to your own handlingspeed (but you can't stop them while doing). Plus you can't hear them decently while doing (was that 1mm he is saying ?). That is why I very strongly prefer written text, preferably with just 1 action per line. Check. Oke ? Oke !. Next. Without rewinding.
2021-10-9
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 9-21 16:15
The beeper isn't just used for the RTH, it lets you know that you've turned it on/off and that the rc is not being used, i think there is more but its 1am and I've just woke up lol

For me videos are never ever a handy "instructionmanual" (for technical matters). You first have to install your laptop or desktop at your bench. Then the film is running so much too fast compared to your own handlingspeed (but you can't stop it in time while doing). Plus you can't hear the text decently while doing (was that 1.5mm he is saying ?). That is why I very strongly prefer written text, preferably with just 1 action per line. Check. Oke ? Oke ! Next. Without rewinding. Fyi : I have modified my controller while wildcamping in a forest.
2021-10-9
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Just shut off controller when you want RTH - beeping solved
2021-10-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wilfried5719 Posted at 10-9 06:50
For me videos are never ever a handy "instructionmanual" (for technical matters). You first have to install your laptop or desktop at your bench. Then the film is running so much too fast compared to your own handlingspeed (but you can't stop it in time while doing). Plus you can't hear the text decently while doing (was that 1.5mm he is saying ?). That is why I very strongly prefer written text, preferably with just 1 action per line. Check. Oke ? Oke ! Next. Without rewinding. Fyi : I have modified my controller while wildcamping in a forest.

Youre shooting down everyone with every idea, look, DJI will not sort this out no matter how much you want it, so instead of making excuses as to why you don't want to help yourself with this, then either put up with it or shut up harping on about it and realise that DJI will not do anything about it.

Just to counter your excuses, 1, a phone/tablet needs no installing at the workbench, 2, tapping the screen pauses video, 3, there is a rewind, 4, turn the volume up.
2021-10-9
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

I think its unanimous, the people want the beeping to end!
2021-10-10
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 10-9 19:24
Youre shooting down everyone with every idea, look, DJI will not sort this out no matter how much you want it, so instead of making excuses as to why you don't want to help yourself with this, then either put up with it or shut up harping on about it and realise that DJI will not do anything about it.

Just to counter your excuses, 1, a phone/tablet needs no installing at the workbench, 2, tapping the screen pauses video, 3, there is a rewind, 4, turn the volume up.

1- "For me ..." are my first words. You must have missed that ?! To my (not) surprise.
2- "shooting down everyone with every idea"? Who is shooting down who ??? And what do you mean with "every idea" ? Your idea maybe, about a video ? For me videos are way too fast to keep up with for my (!) simple (!) "brain" (!) when it comes to followup ie instructions.
3- "making excuses as to why you don't want to help yourself with this" : What do you mean ? I did solve my beepingproblem. Not with your help however.
4- "making excuses as to why you don't want to help yourself with this", "put up with it" and "shut up harping" : Really ??? Me ??? Who do you think You are ???
5- "Just to counter your excuses" : my excuses ? This is not about excuses. I am a practical guy and obviously you are not. I have no stand for my phone (why should I ?). It is too difficult to watch a video on a horizontal screen while working in 3d-mode. The phone flips away if I tap it when it is not down at the bench. I can not tap whatever when I am holding the controller in one hand and some tool in my other hand. Let alone (I would want to) while holding something like superglue. Same for rewind (really ?) and volume (really ?).
6- You could start a new post "DJI please add loudspeakerjack to controller", post a new video : "How to open your controller to connect your external loudspeaker" or add a bluetooth-chip to the controller (tip !).

2021-10-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow, ya call yaself practical yet something as "practical" as following a video on your phone appears to be impossible for you. Thats fine, your choice, obviously. I myself have followed many a tutorial on YouTube,  as have millions of others, anyhoo, I will leave i with you. Just know that its not something that DJI will every change, would have been nice, but i myself will get another controller and follow the tutorial, using my touchscren phone where i can quickly tap the screen to pause or rewind or even fast forward if needs be, glad you have managed to resolve it your way.
2021-10-10
Use props
djiuser_Pp18Ke0BN2UF
New
Flight distance : 747251 ft

Croatia

I dissasembled the remote controller and shortened one of the screws which were located below the finger rest.
Then i used that screw to apply constant force on the diaphragm of the speaker and finally shut off the beeping completely.
I wanna thank the person who suggested it, it was an easy task and very rewarding.
I had very little issues opening up the remote and did everything exactly as the video explained.

Thank you once more, you brought back my passion for flying this drone.
2021-10-16
Use props
djiuser_w6x5eH2egfJL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1898038 ft
Cabo Verde

Totally agree the beeping when u turn on controller is so annoying we on holiday at boa vista and constantly recalibration controller and drone so annoying its OK if u away from people but if anywhere near people it just annoys them and is the start of people complaining and getting agitated now the other thing we near Rabil airport and I thought I'd sorted the authorisation request and simplified getting in the air but now Suddenly it's back to square 1 as screen tells me " not logged into account" I don't remember logging out , do u get chucked out ? Where do I login ? I'm so so so so so so sick of tech issues just trying to get in the air I really am and it's killing my enthusiasm to fly with either authorisation zone issues or constant beeping don't think I will fly much more now fed up 10000000%
2021-12-9
Use props
kbrosni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1008586 ft
United States

Limit beeping on low battery alert for 20%   No dismantling the remote required!?!

Followed these instructions to mute the low battery beep on the remote using Drone Hacks and DJI Assistant app:

Had some issues getting the Mini 2 Connected to Drone Hacks, but resolved by connecting to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer version) first, closing the Assistant, and then loading Drone Hacks.

WARNING! Almost didn't make it back on the first test flight after the modification, because it was so peacefully quiet while I was flying.... (no low battery beep). I hit 17% battery and realized I was 300ft up and 2,000ft away in strong winds, and needed to immediately come back. You need to watch your battery like a hawk if you make this mod.  
No dismantling the remote required!?!

2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_dknLtKHyh4Zj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1303451 ft
United States

Please, for the Love of God let us be able to mute the damned Beeping!
2021-12-9
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6556680 ft
United States

Just curious...I'm using the new RC PRO just released for the Mavic 3. For a $1100.00 dollar remote it is full of problems.

1 - On the topic of beeps. At least give the option to turn the darn thing down and allow it to be customized to something that isn't so harsh. Also, allow for the beeping to be off at least for navigation of the menus. It's rediculous and beyond obnoxious.

2 - Disconnects from my Mavic 3 even after fresh pairing etc. (still no full proof fix, yet) Honestly it appears to have to do with the batteries. I don't know how, but it does it on 1 of my 4 batteries. I bought the fourth seperate. That's the problematic one where it's nearly constant. Even before it takes off it will say RC disconnected or shortly after takeoff.

The other batteries that came with the fly more combo it only does it occasionally.  Still at least once per flight. (super annoying and in called for.

3rd - Why does this newly released Android control come with Android 10. 2 versions behind.
2021-12-18
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6556680 ft
United States

There should also be an option to turn the harsh beep completely off for when we are just navigating the menu on the RC PRO. The pitch is. beyond high and obnoxious.  The volume we want should be allowed to be controlled period especially on an $1100 dollar remote.

2021-12-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ryan70 Posted at 12-18 22:14
Just curious...I'm using the new RC PRO just released for the Mavic 3. For a $1100.00 dollar remote it is full of problems.

1 - On the topic of beeps. At least give the option to turn the darn thing down and allow it to be customized to something that isn't so harsh. Also, allow for the beeping to be off at least for navigation of the menus. It's rediculous and beyond obnoxious.

Check to make sure that battery has the latest firmware
2021-12-18
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Ryan70 Posted at 12-18 22:14

1 - On the topic of beeps. At least give the option to turn the darn thing down and allow it to be customized to something that isn't so harsh. Also, allow for the beeping to be off at least for navigation of the menus. It's rediculous and beyond obnoxious.

" 3rd - Why does this newly released Android control come with Android 10. 2 versions behind."

This is not the correct topic for this aspect. But this could have to do with the unavoidable difference between (start- and end-) dates of the processes of engineering, testing, evaluating, changing, production, warehousing, shipping and purchase. Maybe it even got stuck in the containership that got stuck in the Suezcanal ... Can the controller be updated ? By yourself ? For Free ?
2021-12-19
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

Realmente es un sonido molesto!!! pero a mi punto de vista es necesario... solo de pensar que DJI tenga miles de demanda o de cambio de equipos por que el cliente no pudo darse cuenta o estar pendiente de un error o de un obstáculo... y culpar a DJI de dicho error o accidente , "entonces DJI lo ha dejado de castigo para todos los usuarios jajaja"
2021-12-20
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Recently DJI is blacklisted by the US government (really) and somewhat less recently by the dutch Military Forces (really). I think this is because of the beeping of there drones. Too many secret agents may have been busted because of that. Nevertheless has the dutch National Police stated they have no problem with DJI (really). Which can maybe be explained by the fact they show up when a lot of beeping has already started. These instances use a special "governament security secure" app-version which is not available for you and me. Beep Beep Beep.
2021-12-21
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Recently DJI is blacklisted by the US government (really) and somewhat less recently by the dutch Military Forces (really). I think this is because of the beeping of there drones. Too many secret agents may have been busted because of that. Nevertheless has the dutch National Police stated they have no problem with DJI (really). Which can maybe be explained by the fact they show up when a lot of beeping has already started. These instances use a special "governament security secure" app-version which is not available for you and me. Beep Beep Beep.
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_paItO197KDJU
lvl.1

United States

Here's what I did -

I followed the instructions to separate the two halves. As the video showed 4 screws and then unclipping both sides. Took a bit of time but eventually it came apart. Now rather then take everything else apart to desolder the speaker I just pulled it off with pliers. Came right out in one piece so if I wanted to I could solder it back in. Snapped the two halves back together and now I have a silent controller. Took all of 25min, much of it ensuring that I didn't break or mar anything unclipping the sides.

Let me add that I do have a second controller so if I ever decide to sell the Mini2 I can sell it with a fully intact controller.  

2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules