Disable Beeping !
35080 297 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_aWiC2VOErLXj
lvl.2

France

I would definitely disable this horrible and stressful beep if there were such an option in the app. I usually use the drone in a very silent environment and don't want to disturb everybody in the area. I need silence and concentration to land the drone correctly, not hurry about landing fast to avoid people's remarks.
2022-1-1
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

Agreed kill the beep while you're at it kill the green flashing lights on the controller I put chewing gum over mine on the first time I turned it on gum was all I had now it's covered with duct tape.

Will paint the blinding led lights black when the tape wears off or gouge them out with a pick regardless the annoying lights are going
2022-1-3
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Philippines

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 2021-8-2 05:17
Unfortunately, it is really impossible to adjust the sound intensity in this case by software. An intermediary element in the form of a transistor would be needed. Besides, the buzzer could fake the sound. It is designed for a fixed parameter. The on / off operation mode remains, either the old, proven patent with a screw, or the pressure with a spring.

I am pretty sure a PWM signal could be used to adjust the volume of a simple beeper like this.
2022-1-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wilfried5719 Posted at 2021-12-21 08:34
Recently DJI is blacklisted by the US government (really) and somewhat less recently by the dutch Military Forces (really). I think this is because of the beeping of there drones. Too many secret agents may have been busted because of that. Nevertheless has the dutch National Police stated they have no problem with DJI (really). Which can maybe be explained by the fact they show up when a lot of beeping has already started. These instances use a special "governament security secure" app-version which is not available for you and me. Beep Beep Beep.

Do you have proof of the beep being the reason or are you just that peed off by the beep
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

HighInBC Posted at 1-3 01:52
I am pretty sure a PWM signal could be used to adjust the volume of a simple beeper like this.

At first I thought the rc buzzer was active. I quickly realized there were several different tones when turning the rc on, so the buzzer had to be passive and required an external pwm. So everything is to be done, including loudness. I just ask if we'll see it. So far, the spring under the casing pressing the diaphragm has turned out to be better than the screw.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Another version of my authorship in order to reduce a few dozen dB of unpleasant beeper sound.
2022-1-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am not ploughing all the way through this thread to check whether or not this has been posted but there is a similar thread on Mavic Pilots which contains  a neat youtube solution i.e.
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_6rtIs4RXkKde
New

United States

On an aircraft with a pilot on board, when something goes wrong the master caution light goes off and a really annoying horn sounds. In their pilot training, the first thing they do is turn off the horn. It’s distracting and it makes it unsafe to continue flying with the horn sounding. The horn sounding or beeper in this case should only be to warn you of something new. You must turn it off after each time something goes wrong. Fix this and I will buy my own mini two thanks guys!
2022-1-20
Use props
superghostworld
lvl.1
United States

There is no need for the beep.
2022-1-25
Use props
reeza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 424698 ft
Australia

+1, please add a user option to mute or turn it down.
2022-1-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

srdyiop Posted at 1-3 01:34
or gouge them out with a pick regardless the annoying lights are going

That would be an idiotic approach and likely to damage the controller.
2022-1-26
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yess, this is one of the most annoying things.
It is unfortunate that none of gazillion reviews I’ve seen mention any of this.
2022-1-26
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_6rtIs4RXkKde Posted at 1-20 22:44
On an aircraft with a pilot on board, when something goes wrong the master caution light goes off and a really annoying horn sounds. In their pilot training, the first thing they do is turn off the horn. It’s distracting and it makes it unsafe to continue flying with the horn sounding. The horn sounding or beeper in this case should only be to warn you of something new. You must turn it off after each time something goes wrong. Fix this and I will buy my own mini two thanks guys!
Agree 100% (except for mechanical stall warnings in light aircraft, they can't be silenced and are quite unpleasant).

The warning beep should not be disabled, in my opinion, but you should be able to acknowledge the warning and once acknowledged the beep should silence until/unless another warning state arises.

Constant beeping is an annoying distraction.

-N.O.T.
2022-1-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Barramundi Posted at 1-26 05:31
Yess, this is one of the most annoying things.
It is unfortunate that none of gazillion reviews I’ve seen mention any of this.

Because all modern DJI controllers do this, its not like its something new, been like it for years now, so they are unlikely to mention something that is pretty much par for the course, I'm sure you can hear it in the live flight reviews though, no?
2022-1-27
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1922920 ft
Canada

Wilfried5719 Posted at 2021-6-17 10:20
The RTH function is an automatic function. We (and the beeping) have no influence on it. I am very glad my car does not beep during RTH when it is low on fuel. I suppose one knows what is going on when flying, also (especially !) if anything gets critical. For me the beeping makes things worse. It attracts the wrong attentions and it spoils my concentration.

Do you mean it's an automatic function if you loose signal, or that it is triggered every time you want to land?
2022-1-27
Use props
Bradj8
lvl.1
Australia

As annoying as it is, it's actually much better for your batteries health to end the flight before going lower than 20% ...I think, I do.
2022-1-27
Use props
Chaton78
lvl.2
Canada

+1... brings attention, hard to focus, even seat belt warnings in car turn off after few seconds.
2022-1-28
Use props
fruitygalore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314252 ft

Australia

I would also like to disable the beep.
2022-1-29
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Wilfried5719 Posted at 2021-6-11 13:04
Updating this beep should be very easy since it is software-controlled so adding 1 button in the app will do. I hope Dji realises how problematic this alarmsound actually is in daily practice ! It is always triggering lots of very wrong attention and (so) discussions with locals who however have no idea about (ie) the new european general arrangement on drones per jan 1st. There principle is "Local says No" and some even call the police !

Totally agree with you and it’s clear DJI doesn’t want to fix this. Ppl have complained for a while
2022-1-29
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

Sky Biscuit Posted at 1-27 11:20
Do you mean it's an automatic function if you loose signal, or that it is triggered every time you want to land?

Beeping is activated when
- one applies the rth-button,
- there is a lowbat situation occuring,
- rth is activated due to loosing contact (after some seconds and if you have choosen for that in the app-settings). I don't know if beeping will also start if you have set for "hover" or for "landing (t)here" then.
Beeping is not activated by any regular way of human control.

2022-2-8
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Wilfried5719 Posted at 2021-12-21 08:34
Recently DJI is blacklisted by the US government (really) and somewhat less recently by the dutch Military Forces (really). I think this is because of the beeping of there drones. Too many secret agents may have been busted because of that. Nevertheless has the dutch National Police stated they have no problem with DJI (really). Which can maybe be explained by the fact they show up when a lot of beeping has already started. These instances use a special "governament security secure" app-version which is not available for you and me. Beep Beep Beep.

Can't say for the Dutch Military but the blacklisting by the US government is actually only a blacklisting of stock and ownership trading. This was due to an allegation of there being spies and insider trading going on.

Absolutely nothing to do with the beep.
2022-2-8
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not but you can use the software at the link below to change the percent at which the low battery warning happens. I've set mine to warn me at 10% and beep at 5%.

https://drone-hacks.com/download
2022-2-8
Use props
Crimino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8760 ft
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-6-11 05:12
Hi, Wilfried5719. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this option is currently not available. We do appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.
+1  at least have the possibility to silence it as acknowledgement and/or to change the volume and/or the frequency of the beep. It stressing and attracking unwanted attention
2022-2-9
Use props
TyTyBooth
New

United States

+1 I AGREE!
This beep drives everyone crazy and hurts my ears. If i fly my drown 5 miles away, i should have to be torchered for 10 minutes every time I return it home. The beep is so stupid and pointless. Let it beep when its within 100 meters of returning, but not 5 miles away. This is such an easy fix.

I can't fly my drone at night because the beep will wake up the baby. If the remote isnt turned off, the remote does a super annoying double beep. It's TOO LOUD! Please fix this DJI
Thank you.
2022-2-26
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TyTyBooth Posted at 2-26 18:00
+1 I AGREE!
This beep drives everyone crazy and hurts my ears. If i fly my drown 5 miles away, i should have to be torchered for 10 minutes every time I return it home. The beep is so stupid and pointless. Let it beep when its within 100 meters of returning, but not 5 miles away. This is such an easy fix.

Drown??  Torchered??  What language is this?
2022-2-27
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152644 ft
Finland

blue_canyon21 Posted at 2-8 08:37
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not but you can use the software at the link below to change the percent at which the low battery warning happens. I've set mine to warn me at 10% and beep at 5%.

https://drone-hacks.com/download

Got hooked up with this program but can you advice the parameter name? Could'n find them. Do you need to get the license?
EDIT: Found these 2, dji_bat_level_1... and dji_bat_level_2 That would be the low level warning and the critical level warning probably(?). Would they initate the beeper as well? RTH problems still remains, even if you got these covered.
2022-2-27
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Finland

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 2-27 10:22
This walked me through the process,  It works.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJcVmVkWRqg

Oh! That was easy. Thanks.
2022-2-27
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

2022-2-27
Use props
DLazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10906732 ft
Portugal

Just got the Mini 2, here's the thread I was looking for. Reminds me of the PS4, where the solution to disable beeping is to unsolder the beeping module. Would be a shame if I had to open up the Mini 2 controller do do some unecessary unsoldering/unscrewing when a software update would do the trick.
2022-3-1
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

After more than 5 years of this, do you think DJI is going to change?
Nope.
2022-3-1
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Finland

DLazer Posted at 3-1 06:58
Just got the Mini 2, here's the thread I was looking for. Reminds me of the PS4, where the solution to disable beeping is to unsolder the beeping module. Would be a shame if I had to open up the Mini 2 controller do do some unecessary unsoldering/unscrewing when a software update would do the trick.

Had a day testing the Litchi automatic features with this "Less than a 10%" set up and I'm so happy, no more smoke alarm but female voice telling me about batt level being low but by whispering instead. So happy.

Still RTH beep is there and that is very very annoying if not even dangerous. Normally when I get RTH activated, something vent bananas already and last thing I want in that situ is the beeper drawing attention to me. Might end up yanking the buzzer off if there is no cure to this soon.

I know there is not too much new information in this post but want to be part of the group wanting this to be rectified.
2022-3-1
Use props
Semperator
lvl.2
United States

People could be staring at you because they find you unusually attractive - happens to me all the time.     Also, you can practice 'Stealth Droning' by remaining inside your vehicle during flight, if feasible in terms of signal strength.  I do this all the time in public areas with people around.    Other times I hide my controller with a coat or other articles of clothing, etc, and sit down someplace whilst flying to be less noticable.   I sometimes even program my home point away from my immediate location and RTH there so no one realizes what I'm doing.   
2022-3-1
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1922920 ft
Canada

Wilfried5719 Posted at 2-8 04:36
Beeping is activated when
- one applies the rth-button,
- there is a lowbat situation occuring,

Ah, okay. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the Return Home feature was automatic and un-cancelable.
2022-3-10
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Semperator Posted at 3-1 11:31
People could be staring at you because they find you unusually attractive - happens to me all the time.     Also, you can practice 'Stealth Droning' by remaining inside your vehicle during flight, if feasible in terms of signal strength.  I do this all the time in public areas with people around.    Other times I hide my controller with a coat or other articles of clothing, etc, and sit down someplace whilst flying to be less noticable.   I sometimes even program my home point away from my immediate location and RTH there so no one realizes what I'm doing.

It is clear you don't like the beeping. Btw : do you wear earplugs when hiding Inside your vehicle ? Must be a terrible situation then.

I have no vehicle anyway, except for my bicycle with which I cycle  fulltime in the south of europe since 2017. I used a lanyard at first instance but removed it after just the first flight. Just to not attract any unwanted attention. People notice that immediately and then see it isn't just a mobilephone.

That didn't help either so I took the guess and blocked the beeper completely by glueing it's membrane. Even that didn't really help so then I glued on an extra piece of hardplastic. Since then the controller is totally silent.

Which is not at all real problem since all info is at the screen. It is just a matter of starting to look. Which you already do then since the drone is far away and always out of direct sight you are always looking at the screen.

What if ie your car would start beeping this way if ie the low-on-petrol light would occur. You would probably not even be able to make it to the first petrolstation because you would have to protect your ears. With both of your hands ... Without having the auto-rth-option.

https://tinyurl.com/Drone-over-Portimao-Portugal
2022-3-10
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

ScoutC03 Posted at 3-1 09:56
Had a day testing the Litchi automatic features with this "Less than a 10%" set up and I'm so happy, no more smoke alarm but female voice telling me about batt level being low but by whispering instead.  So happy.

Still RTH beep is there and that is very very annoying if not even dangerous. Normally when I get RTH activated, something vent bananas already and last thing I want in that situ is the beeper drawing attention to me. Might end up yanking the buzzer off if there is no cure to this soon.

There is no and there will most likely never be an official disable-beeping option. You could consider to block the beeper by glueing it's membrane or by unsoldering it completely. However chance is high you will damage the controllercasing (slightly) when opening it. Now my controllersleeve hides the small damages. I recommend it since it is a great relieve.

2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_eWPz6tudhpr9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30085715 ft
United States

it causes my peace maker to go off. Dji must fix this
2022-3-14
Use props
Semperator
lvl.2
United States

Wilfried5719 Posted at 3-10 09:06
It is clear you don't like the beeping. Btw : do you wear earplugs when hiding Inside your vehicle ? Must be a terrible situation then.

I have no vehicle anyway, except for my bicycle with which I cycle  fulltime in the south of europe since 2017. I used a lanyard at first instance but removed it after just the first flight. Just to not attract any unwanted attention. People notice that immediately and then see it isn't just a mobilephone.

You sir, are very obviously a beep-hater, and for this you have my pity.   

giphy.gif
2022-3-14
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Info: I opened a second thread dealing with this problem - with a quite aggressive title for highlighting the importance of getting rid of this dangerous annoyance.
It really is dangerous as it raises your stress level, impairs your hearing and attracts bystanders - with NO practical benefits at all.

Wilfried: I also used the low petrol warning as an example - I did not see you mentioning that before I wrote my part, so it looks like the beeping causes similar brain disturbances.
2022-3-15
Use props
willsegatto
New
Flight distance : 1772 ft
Brazil

We talking about the Mini 2? I did my first flight yesterday and I could barely hear it, you sound like there's a car alarm going off.I'm scared of zombie locals attacking me now.
2022-3-17
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

willsegatto Posted at 3-17 04:38
We talking about the Mini 2? I did my first flight yesterday and I could barely hear it, you sound like there's a car alarm going off.I'm scared of zombie locals attacking me now.

It is (was) screeming like Hell (like the beeper of a TRUCK driving rearwards, until I disabled it some months ago pfuh). As it is with hundreds of other peoples controller. Why do you guess that this post has so many responses ? I bought my set december 2020 and maybe you have a newer version and did DJI something about the terrible beeping. Without publishing that. It is totally unnatural to have a beeper beeping continously for all the time during any action. It nerves, sucks, attracts unwanted attention and "eats" the wanted attention, namely your own to concentrate on the flying. Would be very nice to find out about a beeper-volume-difference between your first-flight-controller and an older one.

2022-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules