Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disable Beeping !
34892 297 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 5-28 02:16
If you can’t see the drone then maybe you shouldn’t be flying it. Keep it within 20m and you should have no problem.

It must be nice to have ie hawks-eyes like you have ! It would probably extend my range also to some 40 meters. Really nobody is able to see a Mini drone at daylight at a distance further then ie 50 or maybe 100 meters. It is supersunny here in the Algarve without any clouds, an uv-factor of 9 and a temperature of 40+C daily.

2022-6-18
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 5-28 02:13
You could avoid putting your dog through this by simply flying home manually.

At both of my phones the compass doesn't function. So Where Is Home Then ???
And please don't reply by saying I should buy another phone(s). Problems should be solved there where they occur (the app), not by changing any secundary system(s). As anyone knows phones come in all kind of variations so software for phones must be phoneproof.

2022-6-18
Use props
lakeguy55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45892 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-28 02:16
If you can’t see the drone then maybe you shouldn’t be flying it. Keep it within 20m and you should have no problem.

Both of your comments are rather pompous and condescending.  I live in a very hilly/mountainous, heavily wooded area. If I restricted my flights to visual flights only, all my flights would be restricted to about a 50 yard wide circle at best.
As for flying back manually, most of the time I do. But there are times where I'm not sure of the path between where I am and the drone is, or I've admittedly reached the point where I'm uncomfortable flying it back manually.  So I use RTH.  Kind of what it's designed for.  Would just like the option to manually silence the beep.
2022-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

lakeguy55 Posted at 6-18 06:01
Both of your comments are rather pompous and condescending.  I live in a very hilly/mountainous, heavily wooded area. If I restricted my flights to visual flights only, all my flights would be restricted to about a 50 yard wide circle at best.
As for flying back manually, most of the time I do. But there are times where I'm not sure of the path between where I am and the drone is, or I've admittedly reached the point where I'm uncomfortable flying it back manually.  So I use RTH.  Kind of what it's designed for.  Would just like the option to manually silence the beep.

VLOS is actually a thing, you cannot decide not to do it. Just like VAT I cannot say I’ve paid VAT for most of my life so Im going to abstain now that I feel I’ve paid enough.
Drones are not specifically for flying around your home, you can get into your car and find a place more suitable to fly.
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_DAZdt2F78uYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180810 ft
Moldova

i sometimes want to test the drone in the night and my wife always wake up and yell :/  so i need to go outside home open it and then inside. then the same when i need to do any test (firmware update, refresh etc.) damn why just cant give us the option from menu.. you give the option with sticks to turn off the drone on the air and you dont the beap? ???  

also give us the option to downgrade firmware from assistant... so many people facing HUGE problems with new firmware updates. do your tests with firmware updates but dont lock in your random ideas of "fixes"..
damn some people work in events or something similar with these toys...  ITS THEIR JOB !    DONT MESS WITH US LIKE THAT !
2022-6-18
Use props
DLazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10906732 ft
Portugal

Wilfried5719 Posted at 6-18 03:53
I lost my Mini 2 drone 2 weeks ago due to what I think was a batteryfailure. I got an unexpected rth-alarm at 36% charge already and it drowned to 3% within 1 minute. It actually only wanted to fly (fall) down, not horizontally anymore. I managed to fly it in my direction from some 400 meters until it was only some 50 meters away (according the app). Then it lost contact and (so) the find-function didn't function either anymore. I searched for it for about 1 hour and once more the next day but I didn't find it. Some days after I dumped the controller plus the sparebatteries and spareparts. That was all folks !

How long had it been since you last charged the drone? Batteries behave like that when they're too worn down or haven't been charged in some time. Sorry to hear about your drone loss :v
2022-10-19
Use props
djiuser_mypReBg4fSok
New
United Kingdom

Just to bump this, with perhaps a slightly different perspective... for me it's a different safety issue.

Sometimes I find myself in slightly sketchier parts of the world, where my government might advise against all travel and law enforcement isn't what it is at home. I'll take off from as remote a spot as I can find, with cover, often early in the morning before most people are awake, get the shots I've planned asap and move on.

But I've had occasions when despite my efforts I've then realised I'm flying near people, even armed militia. People don't always react as we would to drones, the last thing I need is it screaming HE'S HERE!! It's not even as though it's on the drone, it's on me, I'm not going to fall out of the sky!
2022-11-27
Use props
M0MENT

United States

Any update on this?
2022-12-11
Use props
djiuser_R91AqRHuauEb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1514948 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

God dammnit, its so uncomfortable all this thing. You triyng to avoid all the strange people that cares about their personal info(but have it freely on social) and then you landing it and like "beep beeep here is the motherfucker that recording you beepppp"
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_VHFqNT4xtDOW
lvl.1

United States

D.K.777 Posted at 2021-6-12 05:56
+. There must be opportunity to choose "mute" option while RTH. DJI Team, please look closer at this thing. Regards.

YESSSSSS. Please dji. Every person that comments on forums like this represents another 10 people that didn't say anything about it but are still annoyed. it is such a simple fix. I don't care if it's buried in the settings i just don't want to have to take apart my remote in order to remove the speakers.
2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_VHFqNT4xtDOW
lvl.1

United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2021-6-17 10:12
It's not about being hard to address, it's that DJI believes this is a safety issue, and I have to begrudgingly agree with them. The simplest solution is to fly home and land manually. You should then consider RTH as a last resort fallback.

I just think it should be buried in the settings somewhere that only people who know enough about drones will find. People that actually go hunting for it know the risks that they are taking when they disable the sound. I also just don't think that it actually makes it much safer. I heard someone else say this, but maybe just one beep when you activate RTH in case you accidentally pressed the button, not constant beeping. It also draws so much attention.
2023-5-6
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

This subject has been brought up many, many, times.
Three things are evident by now.

1.  DJI is not going to provide the ability to turn off the beep.
2.  DJI is a ChiCom company and doesn't give a rat's ass how many of their customers complain about the issue.
3.  DJI reps on this forum are going to continue to respond with the same ridiculous non-answers they always have.
2023-5-7
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

I made a similar post. When it's low on battery it should beep once to let you know its time to return. Not keep beeping and attract unwanted attention. The only way to turn it off it so quickly land, and power it off. Lol. Pretty sure dji can add a setting to let the user turn it off or on.
2023-5-7
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Just a reminder that DJI will _never_ disable the warning beeper.  Also opening the remote to mod the beeper with foam tape is a 10 minute job and works like a charm.  Details on somewhere in this novel of a thread.
2023-6-2
Use props
Tiky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 513028 ft
United States

Can confirm that the RC is quite hard to get the first clip to unclip.  But once open, pouring some hot glue in the buzzer hole and holding it while drying resulted in the volume becoming around 10% what it was before.  Such a relief. I don't miss that loud beeper a single bit.  I just can't understand why they would put such a loud one and why RTH causes it to beep all return path long, it doesn't make any sense-- you can clearly see it is coming back.
Just like low battery alert stressing the pilot that is already trying to land as quickly as possible.
2023-9-16
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_R91AqRHuauEb Posted at 2022-12-17 10:01
God dammnit, its so uncomfortable all this thing. You triyng to avoid all the strange people that cares about their personal info(but have it freely on social) and then you landing it and like "beep beeep here is the motherfucker that recording you beepppp"

I remember when I had my first beer too.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tiky Posted at 9-16 11:20
Can confirm that the RC is quite hard to get the first clip to unclip.  But once open, pouring some hot glue in the buzzer hole and holding it while drying resulted in the volume becoming around 10% what it was before.  Such a relief. I don't miss that loud beeper a single bit.  I just can't understand why they would put such a loud one and why RTH causes it to beep all return path long, it doesn't make any sense-- you can clearly see it is coming back.
Just like low battery alert stressing the pilot that is already trying to land as quickly as possible.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. The low battery level (6% to 10% remaining) alarm tone can be canceled by pressing the power button once but when the battery power level is less than 5%, the alarm tone cannot be canceled. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-26
Use props
djiuser_BmAtsRWC4Ej8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457703 ft
United States

I feel more like it is a safety thing.
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules