Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 2S - Update Failing Repeatedly
6826 13 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dherl0623
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229715 ft
United States

I just got my Air 2S yesterday and after setting up the DJI Fly app on  my phone, I was made aware that the firmware needed updating, no  problem, right? Nope! I've tried updating through the DJI Fly app on my  android phone, I tried on my Windows PC using the DJI Assistant 2. I've  uninstalled the app on my phone, reinstalled. I've tried with an SD Card  in the drone, without an SD Card in. I've tried different cables from  my PC to the drone, I've switched USB ports. I've uninstalled the  program and reinstalled the program. I updated my controller firmware  from the DJI Assistant 2, which worked just fine, but still no luck with  the drone itself. I read in another thread that people had the same  problem with the Mavic 2, so by their recommendations I turned off the wifi on my phone, deleted  the cache and downloaded over mobile data. I also unplugged my wifi router  all together! The DJI Fly app stops at 95% and my phone is saying Error  (Code:-6001) and on my PC stops at 84% with the error code (0x02) Firmware version attempting to be installed is  V02.04.1690 I've literally changed just about every variable I can think of. Anyone  have any insight?

Only thing I haven't tried at this point is trying it  on an Apple device. My wife has an iPhone, but won't be home until  tomorrow, so I'll try it then with her phone and update here.  Also, if  that fails should I bother with DJI Support, or just return to Amazon  and purchase another? Reading another thread with this issue, I see some  users think the drones are bricked when sent. I just got my Part 107  licensing, and I'm starting some videography for a real estate agent, so  I need a working drone by late next week!

2021-6-11
Use props
Dherl0623
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE: Tried on a Mac as well as my wife's iPhone, both failed to update.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_Gwpg3V8TC4q4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33 ft
Sweden

I experienced exactly the same! And I have tried three different Macs, and one of them the new with M1 processor.
2021-6-30
Use props
Dherl0623
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Gwpg3V8TC4q4 Posted at 6-30 09:24
I experienced exactly the same! And I have tried three different Macs, and one of them the new with M1 processor.

I had to return mine and purchase another one. The new one updated just fine, and flies great! DJI Support wasn't overly helpful, I just ended up returning it to Amazon, getting a refund and going and buying it at Best Buy as I knew they wouldn't have an issue with me returning it if I showed them how it wasn't updating. I hope you're able to get a working one!
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_Gwpg3V8TC4q4
lvl.1
Sweden

Dherl0623 Posted at 6-30 09:37
I had to return mine and purchase another one. The new one updated just fine, and flies great! DJI Support wasn't overly helpful, I just ended up returning it to Amazon, getting a refund and going and buying it at Best Buy as I knew they wouldn't have an issue with me returning it if I showed them how it wasn't updating. I hope you're able to get a working one!

Thanks for quick answer. Yes I will probably have to return it. But really good I found your post, now I can show DJI support I am not the only one with this problem. I have read about others having similar problems. I think DJI have a quality control problem .. )
2021-6-30
Use props
Dherl0623
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Gwpg3V8TC4q4 Posted at 6-30 11:27
Thanks for quick answer. Yes I will probably have to return it. But really good I found your post, now I can show DJI support I am not the only one with this problem. I have read about others having similar problems. I think DJI have a quality control problem .. )

That does seem to be the case. Like I said, second drone works great so far. Check out this post too: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240867  Same issues here. I counted 9 or so people with this problem. Found maybe 3-4 on Amazon reviews too.
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_Gwpg3V8TC4q4
lvl.1
Sweden

Dherl0623 Posted at 6-30 11:35
That does seem to be the case. Like I said, second drone works great so far. Check out this post too: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240867  Same issues here. I counted 9 or so people with this problem. Found maybe 3-4 on Amazon reviews too.

By the way, where you able to fly with the Air 2S? If I start my Air 2S and then turn on the DJI app on the iPhone (with flight mode on, no wifi, no cellular) I am able to fly. But if the app can connect to internet it is locked. I am in contact with DJI Support and have sent my (failed) firmware install videos to them. I also sent them the link to this post. So far they seem to think it can be solved with a new firmware update, but I doubt it. I just wanted to inform in case someone came to this post with the same issues.
2021-7-1
Use props
Go Gators
New
United States

Bought New Air2s this week and firmware doesn't update.  Freezes at 86 % using Assistant 2 or 95% updating from iphone/controller.  Never had this problem with any DJI drone.  Read online that this is a massive problem across the country.  Tried all the trouble shooting methods install uninstall swap battery swap cords remove app reload app etc etc etc.  Help!!!!!! leaving in 2 days for trip and gotta get this fixed. Thank you
****UPDATE****
7/30/21 spoke with DJI technical support when they opened today.  They confirmed that the "freeze" in loading the firmware is due to a malfunction in the camera.  They told me there is NO fix for the problem after you have tried to install firmware every possible way.  Only solution was to sent to them to fix or return to Best Buy (where I bought it).  I packed it back up and took to Best Buy and the swapped out for a new one (didn't charge restocking fee because it was as swap not a return)

New one Worked perfect. Installed on first try firmware.  OMG so relieved.
I also told DJI that the care refresh I spent $189 on the drone I returned how to I convert to this one.  They emailed me instructions to move the dji warranty care to the new one.
All is good in Florida!!
2021-7-29
Use props
Dherl0623
lvl.1
United States

Go Gators Posted at 7-29 18:48
Bought New Air2s this week and firmware doesn't update.  Freezes at 86 % using Assistant 2 or 95% updating from iphone/controller.  Never had this problem with any DJI drone.  Read online that this is a massive problem across the country.  Tried all the trouble shooting methods install uninstall swap battery swap cords remove app reload app etc etc etc.  Help!!!!!! leaving in 2 days for trip and gotta get this fixed. Thank you

I'm sorry! If you're able to return it and get another one, that's what I would do. From what I've read, no one with this updating issue was able to get it working. The units are sent out DOA.
2021-7-30
Use props
THE PHANTOM 4 OF THE LOVE SHACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602215 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having same problems trying to upload firmware v02.04.2080 to Air 2s as if freezes at 84% on dji assistant 2 and at 95% on fly app.  I can still fly without the upgrade.  Looks like I will be flying hoping that the next update will fix the freeze problem.
2021-10-15
Use props
Dherl0623
lvl.1
United States

THE PHANTOM 4 OF THE LOVE SHACK Posted at 10-15 07:09
I am having same problems trying to upload firmware v02.04.2080 to Air 2s as if freezes at 84% on dji assistant 2 and at 95% on fly app.  I can still fly without the upgrade.  Looks like I will be flying hoping that the next update will fix the freeze problem.

Hey there, I hope that works for you! From my research on this forum and reviews on Amazon and such it looks like they don't ever update. I ended up returning my drone, explaining the problem to Amazon and buying another one, and it updated and works perfectly! It sounds like a small batch of them are going out with their firmware files not able to overwritten or something like that. Oh well, I'm glad you're able to still fly! I'd be interested in if a future update works, if you remember I'd love for you to reply back!
2021-10-15
Use props
Digu
New
Australia

I bought a new drone Air 2S and same issue with V2.04.2080 update. Freezes at 67% in DJI Play App and 84% in DJI assistant 2. Just got it yesterday evening from JB hifi.
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_1OmErckGs41q
New

Greece

Digu Posted at 11-2 11:30
I bought a new drone Air 2S and same issue with V2.04.2080 update. Freezes at 67% in DJI Play App and 84% in DJI assistant 2. Just got it yesterday evening from JB hifi.

Same problem with new drone from box with failure during update(both via app and assistant). It fail at same %: 67% via app and 86% or 95% via Assistant.  After try any possible with guide of support of DJI via live chat they said me bring drone back to DJI shop where it was purchased. Luckily not far from my place.

In shop they trying to do all the same steps, then concluded it is a hardware error. Changed to new Air 2s. Opened and without problem updated on counter and try to fly outside shop.

Think the best way is to contact DJI shop.

P.S.: my drone has been purchased in Athens, Greece
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_t5321KVW7RRX
New

Australia

Digu Posted at 2021-11-2 11:30

I have the same situation like yours. Did JB hifi replaced yours or you sent it back to DJI?
2022-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules