Cracked Shell = New MA2
506 5 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Like many previous threads, my MA2 developed a crack in the top shell near the left, front arm joint.  It was a material deficiency, in my opinion, as I'd never crashed it and numerous others were having the same issue in exactly the same place.  As I was nearing the one year point from date of purchase, I sent it in for Repair (not Replacement...you have to check a box when you ask for service that says Repair or Replacement if you have Care Refresh, which I do).   DJI quickly investigated the issue and promptly returned a brand new MA2 to me under their Repair policy of returning a "new or like new" drone.  Knowing it could be a refurbished MA2, I called DJI repair to ask if it was new or refurbished and they said it was a new drone, manufactured May 21, 2021.  It had all the stickers normally associated with a new drone and a new gimbal protector.  I haven't flown it yet but so far I'm really pleased with their response.  It's amazing they did this as I have seen some YouTube videos on buying a new top shell for no more than $15 and removing the old and replacing the new.  I my case, I got a new drone after having flown the old one just less than a year!!!

2021-6-11
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good deal. Maybe crack the new one about 11 months from now ;-)
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Rustic17. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already received your replacement drone under your DJI care refresh plan. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns so we can further help you. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-11
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

So if they exchanged yours with a brand spankin new MA2, then DJI KNOWS it has a flaw. Shouldn't we all get a new one then??
2021-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great to hear of the excellent support you received from DJI on your MA2.  
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

doglaboi Posted at 6-12 03:26
So if they exchanged yours with a brand spankin new MA2, then DJI KNOWS it has a flaw. Shouldn't we all get a new one then??

Hi there. Thank you for your response. The result of the case was base on the outcome of the damage assessment that was conducted on the said unit, once the issue occurs due to product malfunctioned, we will not hesitate to cover this one under warranty. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules