Standby battery noise
632 8 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061952 ft
Romania

Hi! I recently noticed that after I start the drone from the start button and after the gimble is initialized, if I bring my ear close to the back of the drone in particular, I can hear a strange noise that I didn't know about.  If I remove the ear from the drone, that noise, or rather buzzing, is not distinguishable, but if you bring the ear closer, that noise is clearly present.  And it's not about engines.  Has anyone noticed this noise before?
2021-6-11
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Yeah it does a little whining, I think it is from the gimbal. Try holding the drone in hand and tilt. Noise should change a bit. Not natural for battery to buzz and without being next to your unit it is very hard to tell.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The noise that you notice might be in the gimbal and please don't worry it is normal as long as it is not loud enough and you never receive an error message on the app there is nothing to worry. Also, kindly please calibrate your IMU and Gimbal to maintain the good performance of your unit. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

Thanks for the reply!  Honestly, I don't think it's from the gimble, because the moment I start the drone, 2 noises are heard simultaneously: the gimble initiation one and the additional one I claimed.  After the gimble finishes in about 2-3 seconds of initialization, that specific noise disappears and the other noise I notice, but which can only be heard if you close your ear.  But if we take things for granted, is there any part on the motherboard or ESC that would make any noise, like a processor or a semiconductor?
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

One more thing ... I also noticed that the sound volume is higher when the battery is charged and tends to decrease in volume when the battery is almost consumed.  I mention also that the behavior of all 3 batteries is the same.  Is this sound possible to be normal?
2021-6-12
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Does the mini has a cooling fan that the Mavic 2 pro has? That fan starts after a few minutes after the drone is turned on depending on the outside temperature. If so, thet it is nothing to worry about.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

kyalami Posted at 6-12 10:08
Does the mini has a cooling fan that the Mavic 2 pro has? That fan starts after a few minutes after the drone is turned on depending on the outside temperature. If so, thet it is nothing to worry about.

Mavic Mini does not have any cooling fan like other Dji models.
Best way to check is if anyone who has a Mini just puts his ear near the drone when is power on and listen to any noise.
2021-6-12
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD Posted at 6-12 11:26
Mavic Mini does not have any cooling fan like other Dji models.
Best way to check is if anyone who has a Mini just puts his ear near the drone when is power on and listen to any noise.

I did my postflight check today and I heard that buzz too. It is always there. Gimbal whine is a different kind and only comes on when gimbal is moving. I think it may be an inductor on the board vibrating. Drone functions fine so I take that as a non-issue.
2021-6-14
Use props
djiuser_v0RnBtMB8WBD
lvl.2
Romania

Guorium Posted at 6-14 20:22
I did my postflight check today and I heard that buzz too. It is always there. Gimbal whine is a different kind and only comes on when gimbal is moving. I think it may be an inductor on the board vibrating. Drone functions fine so I take that as a non-issue.

Thank you for your check! So I am not the only one. Is anybody hearing the same buzz?
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules