Mavic Mini Connection Cord Deteriorating
294 6 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicLoverSEA
New
Flight distance : 195039 ft
United States

I have flown the Mavic Mini for about 7 months, the drone is extremely durable and useful and I enjoyed using it very much. Recently, I brought it to the beach to capture some calming footage of waves smashing onto the sand, however, when the drone was ~500m away from me, the screen went blank and the video connection was gone. I scrambled to figure out what happened. After a few minutes of trying different things, I was, fortunately, able to reconnect, after disconnecting and reconnecting the connection cord from the controller to the phone.
Ten minutes later, the same thing happened again, and then again another 5 minutes later. This issue is quite annoying (and sometimes might put the drone in danger) because I would have to stop the drone, stop recording, reconnect, and then keep going.

What can I do? Is there a way to get a new cord? I usually take extreme care of this cord when plugging it in or pulling it and can't figure out why the cord would behave like such.

2021-6-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to replace the connector board on the remote control after just 6 months of occasional use. Not expensive or hard to do, just an annoyance.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you receive an error message when you experience the said issue? Also, kindly please try to calibrate your IMU and Compass and try to fly to a different location to see if the issue persists. There might be interference in the area that causing the unit to disconnect to the RC. Please be aware of the remote controller's proper antenna position when flying in a far distance, you may refer to the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2021-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What can I do? Is there a way to get a new cord?
Ignore the ridiculous suggestions from the moderator.
It's amazing the things they come up with.

Cords are consumable items.
There's nothing special about the one that came with your drone.
They cost peanuts.
Buy a couple and always keep a spare in with your drone.
2021-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

New cables are cheap and readily available.  You can find one here or here.
2021-6-12
Use props
MavicLoverSEA
New
Flight distance : 195039 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 19:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you receive an error message when you experience the said issue? Also, kindly please try to calibrate your IMU and Compass and try to fly to a different location to see if the issue persists. There might be interference in the area that causing the unit to disconnect to the RC. Please be aware of the remote controller's proper antenna position when flying in a far distance, you may refer to the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

The issue is not with the Remote Controller's connection to the drone, the issue is with the Remote Controller's connection to the phone. The connection cord will sometimes stop working.

Drone ---No Problem---RC---Connection Issue---Phone App

The error message that I received was probably "RC not connected to Phone" but I didn't see it when I first encountered the problem.
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MavicLoverSEA Posted at 6-12 10:47
The issue is not with the Remote Controller's connection to the drone, the issue is with the Remote Controller's connection to the phone. The connection cord will sometimes stop working.

Drone ---No Problem---RC---Connection Issue---Phone App

Thank you for the clarification, MavicLoverSEA. You may try to use a different USB communication cable to see if there would be changes, you also have an option to use a different mobile device if you have a spare one for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules