Android Dji fly app help please
12Next >
14036 42 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ghostfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Guys, bought my son a mini 2 for his birthday on Thursday , but we can't seem to get the app to open on his Samsung phone even from the dji site ,
Is there a procedure or a different place to get it from ?
It's very frustrating,
Thanks
2021-6-11
Use props
Leon15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10217 ft
  • >>>
Paraguay

You must download the dji fly apk from the browser of your mobile device
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You need to use the DJI Fly app for your new DJI Mavic Mini 2. You can download the said application using the link below. Copy and paste the URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the apk, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser on your mobile device then open the file then the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the apk file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-6-12
Use props
Ghostfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 02:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You need to use the DJI Fly app for your new DJI Mavic Mini 2. You can download the said application using the link below. Copy and paste the URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the apk, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser on your mobile device then open the file then the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the apk file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you

Thanks, ive tried what you suggested but the file stops and says not installed after about 75%
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ghostfox Posted at 6-12 09:59
Thanks, ive tried what you suggested but the file stops and says not installed after about 75%

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what specific Samsung mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you
2021-6-12
Use props
Ghostfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cheers, it a Samsung s7
2021-6-13
Use props
Ghostfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys, just an update for you.
I tried everything possible to get this dji fly app to install, but to no avail .
I was going to return the drone and get my money back and buy my son something different for his birthday .
Just by chance, my phone popped up a message saying I was low on space, so I clicked on this and deleted old videos , backed up many photos and uninstalled games the kids used to play years ago.
I now had 5gb free space , where as before all this cleaning I only had 800mb .
So…after all this I tried to download the dji fly app again and bingo !!! It’s installed .
Basically all I'm saying is it seems that you have to have enough available space on your phone to install the dji fly app, unfortunately the app dosnt say this when it just bombs out .
So perhaps the other many people who are having issues just need to make more space on their phones .

But that’s as far as I’ve got, I’ve not tried connecting to the mini2 or anything as yet.
When I try this I will post how it went, if I has any issues or anything .

Lastly, thanks for listening
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ghostfox Posted at 6-13 11:08
I tried everything possible to get this dji fly app to install, but to no avail .
I was going to return the drone and get my money back and buy my son something different for his birthday .

Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already manage to download the said app on your mobile device. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you and stay safe!
2021-6-28
Use props
djiuser_RQWmug3GyJZd
New

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 02:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You need to use the DJI Fly app for your new DJI Mavic Mini 2. You can download the said application using the link below. Copy and paste the URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the apk, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser on your mobile device then open the file then the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the apk file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you

Why is this app file not opening on my tablet even after i downloaded the file? It tells me cannot open file huh?
2021-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_RQWmug3GyJZd Posted at 7-10 13:40
Why is this app file not opening on my tablet even after i downloaded the file? It tells me cannot open file huh?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific tablet are you currently using? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-12
Use props
Hudson Sala88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13369 ft

Brazil

Hey guys! I have a PH4 Advance and 3 days ago I flew with it normally and when I went to do a filming job today it just doesn't connect. I changed the cable, watched about 10 videos on the topic, but there's no way for it to reconnect to the cell phone screen. Delete the app, cleared the cell phone cache, saw that it has 30 gigs of space and still nothing. I want to know what DJI is doing to resolve this issue. My cell phone is a MOTOROLA ONE. the DRONE TURNS ON, the control controls the camera, it obeys the commands, pressing oREC it records, but on the cell it appears descpnectado.
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_qbpGxo1djXdL
New

Israel

Hey guys, I have a corporate phone (Samsung 10) where the administrator has locked the option to install apps outside Google Play.
Is there anything to do?
2021-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hudson Sala88 Posted at 7-16 06:06
Hey guys! I have a PH4 Advance and 3 days ago I flew with it normally and when I went to do a filming job today it just doesn't connect. I changed the cable, watched about 10 videos on the topic, but there's no way for it to reconnect to the cell phone screen. Delete the app, cleared the cell phone cache, saw that it has 30 gigs of space and still nothing. I want to know what DJI is doing to resolve this issue. My cell phone is a MOTOROLA ONE. the DRONE TURNS ON, the control controls the camera, it obeys the commands, pressing oREC it records, but on the cell it appears descpnectado.[view_image]

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to connect to your remote controller to see if the issue persists? It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not compatible with the product and this might be the reason for the issue. Kindly please refer to the image below for the list of compatible mobile devices for the said unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2021-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_qbpGxo1djXdL Posted at 7-18 06:40
Hey guys, I have a corporate phone (Samsung 10) where the administrator has locked the option to install apps outside Google Play.
Is there anything to do?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what DJI Product are you using? Also, what application are you trying to download? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-10-3
Use props
wannaflyTas
New
Flight distance : 14449 ft
Australia

Hi! I haven't flown my Mavic Pro for about 6 months, during which time I've changed phones...Google Pixel-> Google Pixel 4a(5G). I just tried to open the DJI GO 4 app & it won't accept the 'verification code' I type in even though it's correct. I gave up after typing the new verification code about 10 times. Has anyone else had this problem? I also tried uninstalling the App & re-installing, but hit the same block. The phone is running Android 11. I have >5Gb free space on phone
2021-10-4
Use props
djiuser_HIjJM9yZ5g7n
New

Trinidad and Tobago

hi, Im using a Samsung J7 NEO which is a 32bit processor. I read in a forum that the phone must be a 64 bit. can you confirm this?
2021-10-14
Use props
djiuser_6LUHSRFDwaQi
New
Flight distance : 228717 ft
United States

My issue is that I cannot update the DJI Fly app on my android.  The app does not show Mavic Air 2s as an option.  I assume it needs updated, but the app in not in the play store and my phone will not allow installation via apk.  Only option to get another phone (non-android)?
2021-10-17
Use props
bobmarly
New

United States

hey my name is simon and i juts got the mini 2 for christmas and i cant seem to download the dji fly app from the website can someone plz help me im using a samsung galaxy A11 phone
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_kehKVDUVwTC5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21726 ft
Papua New Guinea

Ghostfox Posted at 6-13 11:08

Hi,

I too am facing the same problem here. How did you go after doing this. Is it working now.
Appreciate your assistance.
2021-12-28
Use props
djiuser_WegBeViqUAmH
New

United Kingdom

Hi hi I am using a Samsung galaxy S10 and trying to install the DJI fly app which I downloaded from the DJI website. My phone says can't open file. I am using a Mavic mini 2. Can you please help
2022-1-5
Use props
AndiOvi
New

Germany

Sorry, was a test.

2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_T5Uy1AlHE7kF
New

United States

Is there a fix for the dji go 4 app not working it says it has a bug I been using it for 2 years now nothing and any other app says van not be reached
2022-1-8
Use props
djiuser_XTbumXRdaHjP
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_WegBeViqUAmH Posted at 1-5 05:02
Hi hi I am using a Samsung galaxy S10 and trying to install the DJI fly app which I downloaded from the DJI website. My phone says can't open file. I am using a Mavic mini 2. Can you please help

I had the same problem only with a Moto Power G (flying--or hope be flying-- Mini SE). Called Tech Support. Was able to download from DJI site but when I selected it it said can't open file. Tech Support told me to go to the Files folder which contains a Downloads folder (as well as Images, Videos, Audio etc folders) and try to open it from there. I did so, started to install, got security error message which I fixed by selecting "Allow Install", after which the install worked. Hope it works for you.
2022-1-17
Use props
tweller
lvl.1

Canada

I seem to be having a similar problem   I copied the link to the Fly App and uploaded it to my Samsung S21 5G which the website says is compatible.  The app loaded but open to the Academy page then froze and would not go any further.  Tried to uninstall then reinstall several times.  I was going out this week to purchase a Mini SE so don't have it yet, not sure if that is a problem but don't see how that could be.  Tried to contact DJI by email and social media but said that it was not available at this time??  Not sure if anyone here can give me some guidance.
2022-1-17
Use props
fans72140094
lvl.1

Canada

tweller Posted at 1-17 14:13
I seem to be having a similar problem   I copied the link to the Fly App and uploaded it to my Samsung S21 5G which the website says is compatible.  The app loaded but open to the Academy page then froze and would not go any further.  Tried to uninstall then reinstall several times.  I was going out this week to purchase a Mini SE so don't have it yet, not sure if that is a problem but don't see how that could be.  Tried to contact DJI by email and social media but said that it was not available at this time??  Not sure if anyone here can give me some guidance.

UPDATE - THE FLY APP IS NOW PROPERLY INSTALLED.

I received an email back from DJI support.  I was instructed to go into my Setting Options, go to Display and change the Font Size to the smallest setting.  I also set the screen zoom to the smallest setting.  

One this was done, I went back to the DJI Fly App and below the 3 suggestions that showed on the Academy page was another option (think it was NEXT).  Clicking this allowed me to continue and now all is good.  Try that if you are still experiencing problems with the app installation as I was.
2022-1-19
Use props
danielzappella
lvl.1

Argentina

Tengo un Samsung A10s y no me permite realizar la instalación de la app. realice todo lo que mencionan acá con anterioridad pero sigo sin poder instalar la app. desde la carpeta de descargas del celular le doy a instalar y al llegar a un 75% aproximadamente se detiene la instalación y me dice que no se instalo el archivo. tengo 10 gigabytes libres
2022-1-24
Use props
Adventureposer
lvl.1

United States

go to the DJI store.  Click on updates.  Click on Go Fly, and it will download program called an APK.  Go to your file folder, find that apk and click on it.  It will download the app to your phone.  Now you will see the Go Fly app on your menu.  You can now tether your app to your Mini 2.  Let me know if you have any problems.
2022-1-31
Use props
cpt.randall\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90194 ft
United States

9 FEB 22  I was able to successfully install the DJY Fly APK on my Android Samsung S21 Ultra.   After downloading the latest APK file multiple times, if I tried to open it, it would give me an error saying "Can't Install App"  

I think the problem was that I was accessing the downloaded file using the app "My Files" which came with the phone.  I was looking through my apps and noticed another app named: "Files". I clicked on that, and then when I selected the APK file, it gave a security warning and said to change a setting allowing a third-party app (I did), and then it installed!
"Files" is a Google app.
I hope it works for you.  Thank goodness for forums!!
Here is the link:  https://play.google.com/store/ap ... iles&hl=en_US&gl=US

2022-2-9
Use props
wannaflyTas
New
Flight distance : 14449 ft
Australia

If the Samsung phone is 5G, the App won't open. I've had to go back to an earlier phone that is 4G to get app to work
2022-2-11
Use props
Wesley Groenewald
New

Philippines

Hi there DJI.

I have the same issue on My Samsung S20 plus. Just bought the MINI 2 today and so excited but it is a huge spoiler alert that DJI does not properly cater for Android users. It is sad!

I downloaded APK file but it keeps saying file can open. I downloaded it several more times and still can't open.

I don't like iPhone. Please don't make me get a iPhone to use the MINi 2.

Please help fast
2022-3-14
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

(because I can post a new thread!)
2022-3-14
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

palouta Posted at 3-14 06:03
(because I can post a new thread!)

I will need to jump into yours
2022-3-14
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

palouta Posted at 3-14 06:03
I will need to jump into yours

I just got a new phone Galaxy A13 and cant get the DJI fly app on it.
2022-3-14
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

I have done the direct links and I have done APK installers, nothing is working.
2022-3-14
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know for 100% will the Galaxy A13 work with the DJI Fly App or is my drone now a brick?
2022-3-14
Use props
Wesley Groenewald
New

Philippines

Wesley Groenewald Posted at 3-14 05:42
Hi there DJI.

I have the same issue on My Samsung S20 plus. Just bought the MINI 2 today and so excited but it is a huge spoiler alert that DJI does not properly cater for Android users. It is sad!
Ok after several hours and hours I managed to download the file and install the app.

Now after registering I am stuck at this screen.

It gets to this screen then freezes. I downloaded and installed the app 3 times now but cant for the love of the thing get pass this screen...

You should make it mkre clear when buying drones that Samsung is not recommeneded for it...
2022-3-14
Use props
Wesley Groenewald
New

Philippines

Wesley Groenewald Posted at 3-14 06:51
Ok after several hours and hours I managed to download the file and install the app.

Now after registering I am stuck at this screen.

2022-3-14
Use props
djiuser_Js9Q6kFMDgQb
New

United States

Hello. I am flying a mavic mini drone and trying to Connect to a galaxy a12. I Have the app downloaded and it opens and everything but it will not connect to the drone at all. All my flying has to be within eyesight.
Please help
Screenshot_20220418-082904.jpg
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Js9Q6kFMDgQb Posted at 4-18 05:29
Hello. I am flying a mavic mini drone and trying to Connect to a galaxy a12. I Have the app downloaded and it opens and everything but it will not connect to the drone at all. All my flying has to be within eyesight.
Please help

Hi, there. May I confirm that you have downloaded the latest version of the DJI Fly from our official website? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Besides, you could try to reconnect by rebooting the app or plugging the cable again.
2022-4-18
Use props
djiuser_fwHstKrBsCCw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 532703 ft
Serbia

Isti problem nakon poslednjeg ažuriranja prvo tablet nije mogao da se poveže sa Mini 2 za prenos slike.Deinstalirao sam aplikaciju,i treći dan pokušavam nakon skidanja sa oficijalnog sajta aplikaciju.Međutim instalacija je ne izvodljiva.Do ažuriranja uredno radilo sve.Sa Lichi aplikacijom sve radi bez problema!
2022-6-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules