2248 14 2021-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mini2_dorset
lvl.1
Flight distance : 752480 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All

Sorry if this has been discussed before, i'm very new to owning my mini 2.
I'm trying to find out if the mini 2 do way points?

Thanks

Mark
2021-6-12
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

DJI hasnt released SDK for Mini 2 yet. I have been hearing they will release it in September.
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mini2_dorset. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this feature isn't available for the DJI Mini 2 but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.
2021-6-12
Use props
Lowfyr
New

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-12 04:55
Hi, mini2_dorset. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this feature isn't available for the DJI Mini 2 but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Hi there,
would like to use Waypoints on my Mini 2 either
Looks shamefull that the older Mini 1 supports that feature but the "fresh" Drone lacks this.

*Hoping for a quick update*
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Lowfyr Posted at 6-13 13:00
Hi there,
would like to use Waypoints on my Mini 2 either
Looks shamefull that the older Mini 1 supports that feature but the "fresh" Drone lacks this.

Sorry, however, the Mavic Mini also doesn't support Waypoints via the DJI Fly.
2021-6-13
Use props
Airush
New

Mozambique

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-13 23:11

Hi, are there any reputable 3rd party apps that allow the Mini 2 to use waypoints?
2021-6-14
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Airush Posted at 6-14 08:00
Hi, are there any reputable 3rd party apps that allow the Mini 2 to use waypoints?

No, because the SDK has not been released as of yet. I believe I heard DJI was not going to release the SDK any longer?
2021-6-14
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

See DJI SDK
2021-6-14
Use props
mini2_dorset
lvl.1
Flight distance : 752480 ft
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 6-14 09:54
No, because the SDK has not been released as of yet. I believe I heard DJI was not going to release the SDK any longer?

Thats really disappointing to hear
2021-6-14
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

Why wouldn't DJI release SDK any longer?.
It's shameful, you're just making our lives miserable.
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-13 23:11
Why can't  you fix this?. Since most of us mini 2 owners are in favor of this?.
2021-9-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-12 20:43
Why can't  you fix this?. Since most of us mini 2 owners are in favor of this?.

Its not like its anything new for DJI, I don't know if they have ever supported waypoints, certainly wasn't available for the P4 and if anything, that would have had it

But wait a while longer, 3rd party apps will support it
2021-9-12
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

This is wrong. The SDK and 3rd-party apps will never support waypoints and never had. The waypoints in 3rd party apps for the Mavic Mini are simulated by sending remote control inputs through the SDK. The drone itself doesn't store any waypoint and cannot continue a mission if it loses the signal, which kind of defeats the purpose, at least to my point of view. The firmware has to be upgraded to support real waypoint missions.

2021-9-13
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-12 21:41
Its not like its anything new for DJI, I don't know if they have ever supported waypoints, certainly wasn't available for the P4 and if anything, that would have had it

But wait a while longer, 3rd party apps will support it

Be careful what you wish for.

DJI released their Datalink System that enabled waypoint programming with their Naza and Wookong flight controllers, and the Phantom 1 and Phantom 2. Unfortunately they also filled it up with NFZ's where NFZ's didn't exist. Rather than fix the issue they discontinued the product in less than a year.
2021-9-13
Use props
Cesar Castro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597070 ft

Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-12 04:55
Hi, mini2_dorset. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this feature isn't available for the DJI Mini 2 but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Thanks, this function is really necessary and the team can give it, do not limit the teams that give court to other companies.
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules