706 10 2021-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kerxo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82585 ft
Israel

Hey everybody!
Bought a new drone DJI Mavic Air 2 previously has used DJI Spark Like 2 years.
I noticed that GPS Signal is less stable than Spark,Even couple of times it lost GPS when you've got 15 sattelites .
Some strange flight For example
https://app.airdata.com/share/PokCpN

When i takeoff i had GPS signal(dont remember how much sattelites) You also can see that i am in P-GPS mode. Its an open place at the beach .
After a 1:14m flight It goes to ATTI mode seems GPS signal Lost.
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 16.50.05.png
It was a windy place so he started drift away, So i get him back manually .
Another strange thing that the flight log show me 0 sattelites all the flight, But it was hovering very well at windy place and was on P-GPS mode.
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 16.50.41.png
After i land him down, i tryed to wait for GPS to go back even i turn it OFF and ON like 3 times, only on 4th time when i get OFF/ON the Drone and the RC it got back to normal GPS Signal(15 sattelites)

I even made another Flight at the same place about 9minutes and everything was OK 12-15 Sattelites all the flight.
https://app.airdata.com/share/ogrDxQ

Another Flight had some GPS lost Issues, its not open place but still i flew at this place with my Spark with no problems before.
https://app.airdata.com/share/NppnmP

Do i've got some hardware problems with GPS Module ? The drone is new(like 2 weeks) no crashes before and still on warranty.

Thanks for help
Kirill O.
2021-6-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your recorded flight data shows zero satellites acquired for the whole flight.
The drone was in atti mode all the time.
If you were flying out in the open at a beach, this is not normal.
Keep an eye on the way the drone is performing in future to see if it was a one-off glitch or if there is a real hardware issue.
Always wait for satellites and to record the home point before launching.
2021-6-12
Use props
kerxo
lvl.1
Israel

Labroides Posted at 6-12 06:50
Your recorded flight data shows zero satellites acquired for the whole flight.
The drone was in atti mode all the time.
If you were flying out in the open at a beach, this is not normal.

Thanks for reply ,
It was at the beach an open place.
As you can see he was at P-GPS mode when I takeoff and all that time he was hovering very well (it was windy) so it seems he had GPS satellites but the log says he got 0 thats strange.
2021-6-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look to at your flight, but your flight not all the time in ATI mode.VPS positioning did the job well, so some part in OPTI mode, middle part in ATTI mode, see my chart.

Did you did a screen recording of this flight of the FlyApp? curious to see what mode was shown top left in the app.
Airdarta does not show the correct modes, as with zero satellites/reception P-GPS is not possible!!

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-6-12
Use props
kerxo
lvl.1
Israel

I didn't recorded the screen, but as i remember i had a normal GPS dont remember how much sattelites but not something unusual . I always wait for GPS , also i changed lenses so it had some time to get the GPS signal. Also checked "UAV forecast" it had 15 satts at this area.

I'll continue to fly more careful than usual and record the screen always to analyze this issue if this happen again. Also for warranty i'll need some proofs.

I don't want this to happen me in a urban area or far from me.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV
New

United States

Help please.. I bought the mini 2 yesterday and wasn't able to connect the controller to the drone. In my frustration I returned it and upgraded to the Air 2. Only to get it home and have the same issue. The DJI FLY app doesn't show me the option to "Connect Drone." In its place is a button the says "connection guide." Any help is appreciated. I just wanna fly!!
2021-6-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kerxo Posted at 6-12 07:44
I didn't recorded the screen, but as i remember i had a normal GPS dont remember how much sattelites but not something unusual . I always wait for GPS , also i changed lenses so it had some time to get the GPS signal. Also checked "UAV forecast" it had 15 satts at this area.

I'll continue to fly more careful than usual and record the screen always to analyze this issue if this happen again. Also for warranty i'll need some proofs.

i had a normal GPS dont remember how much sattelites but not something unusual . I always wait for GPS , also i changed lenses so it had some time to get the GPS signal.
According to your data, you had zero satellites for the whole flight and you never had GPS horizontal position holding.
You stayed quite low and had VPS helping to prevent drift for some of the flight

If the app indicated GPS, that was a mistake.
You should also check the number of satellites showing.

Also checked "UAV forecast" it had 15 satts at this area.
Checking UAV Forecast for satellites in meaningless.
No matter where or when you fly, there will always be more satellites in the sky than you need.
The problem was that your drone was not receiving any signals from the sats.
2021-6-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would suspect an intermittent problem with the GPS module or antenna. The second flight looks ok for GPS. The third is variable for GPS but that may be due to being next to tall buildings. At second look at ground level, the buildings are not very tall and the drone was far above them while the number of sats was dropping a lot. Maybe more indication of an interrmittent problem.

Keep an eye on it over the next few flights.
2021-6-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV Posted at 6-12 13:06
Help please.. I bought the mini 2 yesterday and wasn't able to connect the controller to the drone. In my frustration I returned it and upgraded to the Air 2. Only to get it home and have the same issue. The DJI FLY app doesn't show me the option to "Connect Drone." In its place is a button the says "connection guide." Any help is appreciated. I just wanna fly!!

Please start a new topic in the Mini 2 section. This is another section and it is always best to start anew.
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, kerxo Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We'd like to know if you have tried it on a different location and see if you have the same exact result. Please let us know also the firmware for your Mavic Air 2. Thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV Posted at 6-12 13:06
Help please.. I bought the mini 2 yesterday and wasn't able to connect the controller to the drone. In my frustration I returned it and upgraded to the Air 2. Only to get it home and have the same issue. The DJI FLY app doesn't show me the option to "Connect Drone." In its place is a button the says "connection guide." Any help is appreciated. I just wanna fly!!

Hi, djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry also about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest checking the version of your DJI Fly. For Android devices, please download the latest DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules