M600 Pro twisted? motors and vibration issues
1602 5 2021-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ozzyjim
lvl.2
Australia

Hello,

I have my M600Pro all updated and linked to my remote finally... given the weather we have had during my free time I have not been able to attempt to get it airborne yet but I have started the motors to "idle"... One thing I have noticed is there seems to be a lot of vibration out at the motors and when viewed from the front the two red motor housing appear to be slightly tilted towar each other like a very shallow V.. I will measure this properly when I get time but is this normal?

Also the propellers are the regular low altitude units supplied and they have a solid pin attaching the prop blades to the hub rather than a screw with the white lines the manual says to keep lined up and there are no washers fitted I can see.. The props are VERY stiff to straighten out and that may account for some vibration until It gets enough speed that they open properly (although I open them as straight as I can)... Is this a new design / old design prop? or should I buy some new ones before the first test flight... The last thing I want to do is crash it!

One other thing is this was tested without any payload, I don't know if that would cause the vibration issues though.

Photos and possibly a video will be uploaded when I can.. Cheers.

James.

2021-6-12
Use props
Ozzyjim
lvl.2
Australia

Photo of the props to buy and what's mentioned in the manual vs what's fitted to my m600...
16235590702826966051817360538858.jpg
Screenshot_20210613-140644_Samsung Internet.jpg
2021-6-12
Use props
Rdnckngnr
lvl.2
United States

The new 2170R blades in the upper picture have a thicker area of the blade at the mounting point and are less prone to breakage. I lost four blades when mine tilted over suddenly while on the ground. Ended up replacing all 12 as a set with the newer 2170R's  and kept remaining  original 2170  blades as 'spares' for emergencies.
2021-7-15
Use props
Ozzyjim
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks mate, They are all being replaced again now along with a few other components after it collided with a steel fence .. The Props at the attachment points held up really well and seem to be able to handle a lot of stress. The drone hit the fence and stayed upright for a few seconds before flipping sideways, neatly folding one of the GPS antennas, and slowly cart-wheeling on its arms/props. Props from the mid point destroyed themselves as you would expect, a fair bit of soil was removed along the fence and carbon fiber was thrown at least 25m (82 ft) from what I could find.. I must say I am very impressed with the strength of the airframe with the repair list being a new set of props, 1 or 2 motors (due to grit ingested) , and a motor mount.. Luckily it was a test flight with no gimbal or camera attached.
2021-8-12
Use props
Rdnckngnr
lvl.2
United States

I found the old thinner blades tended to break off at the mounting point leaving no propeller at all on that arm. The new thicker shaft on the 2170R allowed the blades to break more at tip/middle leaving some blade to still help provide some lift. I have been able to land the M600 after impacting guy wires around a broadcast tower several hundred feet in the air and damaging two sets of front blades. It was wobbly but I was able to maneuver it around and land safely - even missing one battery which was ejected on impact with the guy wire.
2021-9-10
Use props
Ozzyjim
lvl.2
Australia

Glad to hear of the safe landing..  I am impressed with the air-frame and am still working out the best setup options with the extra F-ports.. I just wish DJI had released a unit that could be screwed in underneath or mounted between the Ronin MX and stock gimbal tubes that had the F-Ports, HDMI, and CAN-BUS connections allowing quick and easy change over for multiple setups.. I am still looking to add a FPV camera too...

Out of interest, has anyone noticed stability issues when there is no camera or gimbal mounted? it just feels a bit top heavy and unstable with no load.

Thanks,

James.
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules