RTH at 70% battery
541 7 2021-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Bump
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594941 ft
United States

Randomly i will have my drone (with good signals) give me a low battery RTH at anywhere under 70% power, sometimes twice in one flight, on all three batteries. Drone isn't a month old WTH?

2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd
lvl.2

Poland

- What is your distance to Home? The drone calculates live the amount of battery required to to get safely to the home point.- Maybe a signal loss? The drone does RTH on signal loss.
2021-6-12
Use props
Mr. Bump
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_ipOtHX82bsyd Posted at 6-12 23:57
- What is your distance to Home? The drone calculates live the amount of battery required to to get safely to the home point.- Maybe a signal loss? The drone does RTH on signal loss.

Less than a thousand feet somtimes... not signal loss. I figure its a safty but the first few time's i hauled butt back with 50%+ battery upon landing. Let me decide.
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we are sorry for the difficulties you have encountered. Could you please try to reinstall the DJI Fly app and update the FPV with the latest firmware?  If the issue still exists, we encourage uploading a screen recording of it and upload the video to us for further assistance. Thanks in advance.
2021-6-13
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

Whats your max distance set to? You're probably hitting that and it's RTHing as a result.
2021-6-14
Use props
Mr. Bump
lvl.1
United States

Distance was set to unlimited, alt 1600. Less than a thousand feet when it happens, he'll less than 100 300 feet it's triggered. And I have deleted  and reloaded the app and update, no changes, still random RTH.
2021-6-14
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find it depends on how I am flying. If I am just cruising or ridge surfing, it may be around 30%. If I am kicking it hard in manual mode, it can be around 50-60% since I am using up the battery faster.
2021-6-15
Use props
Mr. Bump
lvl.1
United States

Safty feature is gonna cost me the drone
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules