DJI FPV 2
1012 11 2021-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vaval
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891198 ft
Guadeloupe

Why not make a V2 of DJI FPV with a carbon structure for more resistance?

P.S: I didn't buy the DJI FPV because I'm not sure it's solid

Broken arm

Broken arm
2021-6-13
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... it is your decision.     
2021-6-13
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello

I have been flying in freestyle FPV for about 5 years with builds and I took this drone from DJI definitely not to do freestyle or the same things I do with my racer drones ...

This must be understood ..... the DJI FPV is still a video shooting drone .... if you pretend to do freestyle then you have not understood anything about this drone.

Of course if you are an expert you can do some stunts but it is not flying like a real freestyle drone ..
2021-6-13
Use props
Vaval
lvl.4
Guadeloupe

Max90payneFPV Posted at 6-13 10:37
Hello

I have been flying in freestyle FPV for about 5 years with builds and I took this drone from DJI definitely not to do freestyle or the same things I do with my racer drones ...

Ok, thanks for the advice!
2021-6-13
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It’s actually reasonably stiffly built, at least strong enough to not have any problems in flight. Of course, that might not be true if you could look at the gyro data from a typical flight and see what its true vibration profile is.

That might be part of why the tune is as bad as it is - DJI might not be able to tighten it up any more than it is without causing some other problems with the PID controller. If the frame does have any strong resonances, it might already be as tight as you can get it.

But it definitely isn’t crashable, so I could see DJI making a stronger, more crashable frame on a future version.

Something does need to be done about the tune eventually, and a stronger frame may be necessary at some point.

For what it is now it’s got some advantages mainly in the video and control link, that even The DJI DIY digital system can’t match.

I use mine for sightseeing, which is where it’s much better suited than my betaflight quads…
2021-6-13
Use props
Vaval
lvl.4
Guadeloupe

luciens Posted at 6-13 15:06
It’s actually reasonably stiffly built, at least strong enough to not have any problems in flight. Of course, that might not be true if you could look at the gyro data from a typical flight and see what its true vibration profile is.

That might be part of why the tune is as bad as it is - DJI might not be able to tighten it up any more than it is without causing some other problems with the PID controller. If the frame does have any strong resonances, it might already be as tight as you can get it.

Yes, I think it's a good idea to doing a stronger frame
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Vaval. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-6-13
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

does DJI make any consumer drone that uses carbon fibre?
It seems highly unlikely that DJI would introduce a new manufacturing process (and material) just to suit one particular product?!
(it would add more complexity, and reduce profitability)

also... lets be honest here ... whilst I love my diatone roma f5... its quite pretty - even that looks like a diy, unfinished done ... with wires exposed etc..
that kind of open flat/cut carbon fibre, is not really DJIs market .
Im not 100% keen on the DJI FPV 'style' (bit aggresive for me) , but there is no denying it has been styled/shaped.
so a carbon fibre drone, would need that kind of level of style/design... that going to make manufacturing more complex (than say iflight/diatone)

I see its pretty unlikely thats going to change - unless the DJI FPV proves to be a huge success in sales, and DJI go 'all in' on it.

so, for me... different drones, different roles.
the diatone is fantastic fun for proximity flying where I might hit things...
but even with the air unit, crossfire, gps rescue , its tech is inferior to the dji drone for longer range stuff.

the dji fpv is more a cruiser, I can chuck in a backpack, with minimum effort, and feel really confident that I can fly anywhere and it'll make it back home.
... its all so much lower effort, from batteries to flying,  

at the end of the day..
the DJI FPV is First Person View = Immersive Flying , enjoying flight.

traditional fpv drones are more a sport like hobby, racing, acrobatics , adrenline - thats why the community is still happy to use analog signals that look like tv from the 1970s, because the the 'view' is not the most important thing.

in this sense the DJI FPV is not in the diy fpv sector, its a new sector for a new hobby experience.

2021-6-14
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

Carbon fiber frame would push it into unaffordable price levels, it's already quite an expensive drone as it is.

Also, it's fairly durable. I've crashed my FPV twice, both times hard into trees at 20+ m off the ground and have it come crashing down. I've wrecked a set of props, destroyed the LEDs in one landing gear and cracked two arms. I took it back inside, wrapped the two cracked arms and the damaged landing gear in electrical tape, swapped in fresh props and I was buzzing around at 145+ kph on my next flight without any issues.
2021-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2021-6-14
Use props
Mr. Franz
New
Indonesia

Guten Tag
ich bin ehrlich: Ich habe mit der dji fpv app probleme dahingehend, dass ich die Uebungen im Tutorial mit den Wendemanövern nicht in den Griff bekomme., spaetestens bei dem dritten von sechs (6) Wendemanoevern crasht es. Zwei Fragen deshalb:  gibt es auf youtube ein tutorial/video dar wirklich helfen kann , also richtiges bedienen der fernbedienung beim Fliegen in der fpv dji app ? kann es auch sein, dass ich die Stellschrauben falsch justiert habe ? gibt es vielleicht eine goldene regel für das richtige Einstellen der beiden Stellschrauben . Bin Anfaenger und bitte um Nachsicht. Franz
2021-6-15
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

I for one am happy with this drone and hope they do not try to cater to racers and acroflyers.   It’s a camera with FPV ability.  I am not sure what people are expecting from this drone, not marketed as a racer, not marketed as a stunt bird.  

I suspect mine will never see manual as 60 MPH is plenty fast.
2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules