DJI MIni 2 Charging Hub keep tripping USB PD chargers
1057 7 2021-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wavesound
lvl.1
United States

I have been having an issue with my new DJI Mini 2 charging hub. It seems to keep overloading my chargers and tripping the output protection on my chargers. On my Anker PD charger, it appear to keep power cycling. On my power bank, it generates power draw alert. Both are rated to deliver 60W of USB PD power. Has anyone else seen this? If the charger lights are animating slowly, its fine. However if they are animating rapidly, the charger lights will eventually go out and trip my chargers.
When I am using the PD charger with my other PD-capable devices they work fine so I'm pretty confident that the DJI Mini Two-Way charging hub is to blame...

Has anyone else seen this? I did a fair amount of searching but I couldn't find any relevant threads here or on other sites.

2021-6-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I use 2 chargers, rated 30W and 33W respectively and a power bank rated 22.5W. Never had any problems with any of them. I use PD port on two and a USB port on one (only port available). Maybe the hub cannot handle chargers that can deliver much higher power (60W) than it needs and does something wrong (which normally should not have been possible)... Or maybe you've got a lemon
2021-6-13
Use props
wavesound
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, I'm afraid I might have a lemon. I tested it on one of my 30W PD chargers as well and it behaved similarly.
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wavesound. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue DJI Mini 2 Charging Hub and did several troubleshooting steps to rectify the said issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-6-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

wavesound Posted at 6-13 21:30
Yeah, I'm afraid I might have a lemon. I tested it on one of my 30W PD chargers as well and it behaved similarly.

Ah I see I guess the only way to be sure is to use one of those USB power meters. But I would not risk damaging the batteries in all honesty. In the end if it is drawing too much power, where else is all that power going?
2021-6-13
Use props
wavesound
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-13 22:08
Hello there wavesound. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue DJI Mini 2 Charging Hub and did several troubleshooting steps to rectify the said issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hi Stephen, Thank you for your note. I did open a case and submitted the information that I provided here along with a video but have not heard back. Do you know what the typical SLA is for these cases?
2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wavesound. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. It is great to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team. You will be receiving a notification from our DJI support team with regards to this matter and for the case as well. Thank you.
2021-6-20
Use props
wavesound
lvl.1
United States

Just a heads up for any other viewers, DJI Support has no guidance for this issue and wasn't able to offer any guidance other than to try another PD charger...
2021-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules