3266 16 2021-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, does anyone know when Dji will be adding those classifications to the new stocks?
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Bashy. Thank you for reaching out. We are working around the clock to ensure that we will be able to have new drones out with the required CE class identification labels as soon as possible. Currently, we are awaiting the finalization of the industry standards needed. They do not exist yet. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-6-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, so it sounds like it's not going to be any time soon then, that's a shame, was seriously loomi g at the Air 2s,kokks like I will have to look at the Mini 2 for now, I like the laxed restrictions for the sun 250g, thanks for the reply...
2021-6-14
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

There is no agreed standard yet for the manufactures to certify against.  I don't think it will be for a while we all know how slow EU rule makers work.
2021-6-14
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

You won't see C classified drones till 2023, or a few months before 2023.

Mavic 3 is coming this year and I doubt It will have any classification either.
2021-6-14
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 6-14 07:44

We are all hoping that there will be a retro certification programme if the manufacture can prove the drone meets all the standards.
2021-6-14
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-14 08:21
We are all hoping that there will be a retro certification programme if the manufacture can prove the drone meets all the standards.

It would be a shame if they didn't facilitate that, otherwise the Air 2S will become "useless" to many starting from 2023.
2021-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EASA announced at Christmas in their QA that they expected drone manufactures to be classifying their drones this year.
2021-6-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-14 08:21

I see from the last EASA that they expect the drone to be returned to the manufacturer for retro certification, if the manufacturer offers that.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites ... rones%209%20Dec.pdf
2021-6-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your response. We don't have any information regarding to DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to our DJI's official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/DJI

Twitter:https://twitter.com/djiglobal

Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
2021-6-29
Use props
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-14 00:51
OK, so it sounds like it's not going to be any time soon then, that's a shame, was seriously loomi g at the Air 2s,kokks like I will have to look at the Mini 2 for now, I like the laxed restrictions for the sun 250g, thanks for the reply...

I recently was in the same boat as you regarding the Air 2s. In the end I went ahead as there is no other drone on the market that hits the mark in regards to image quality, features and size. If you have a need to upgrade now, why use an inferior drone for 2 years while waiting for rules which could change many times, be delayed or perhaps not be a problem in the end (ie retro certification)
2021-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I gone for the mini 2 and still have the p4p for now, I like the idea of being able to play where I want within the law, ie, I can take off in my garden and fly around my village if I want to, I like that
2021-6-29
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Drones improve at much greater speed than laws, if you wait for laws you'll allways be flying outdated drones.

Drones are not yet at the diminishing return state, maybe in 5 or 10 years you can buy a drone and keep it for 10+ years, like any DSLR since 2012 or so, but these days drones last for 1-3 years, so by the time we hit 2023 Air2S will be "obsolete" anyways.
2021-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 6-29 13:17
Drones improve at much greater speed than laws, if you wait for laws you'll allways be flying outdated drones.

Drones are not yet at the diminishing return state, maybe in 5 or 10 years you can buy a drone and keep it for 10+ years, like any DSLR since 2012 or so, but these days drones last for 1-3 years, so by the time we hit 2023 Air2S will be "obsolete" anyways.

Thats very true....
2021-6-29
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-14 00:51

We are all expecting a retro approval programme for the current DJI drones that will meet the standards.
2021-6-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-30 01:54
We are all expecting a retro approval programme for the current DJI drones that will meet the standards.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that idea....
2021-6-30
Use props
Jozzino Air 2S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60843 ft
Italy

Hello? News for C1 Label on Air 2S? Grazie.
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules