12Next >
2379 56 2021-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

Hi guys, i am looking forward to the MM3 or however it will be named. I think it will have the same communication software like the MM2. Few days ago there was a question that i asked myself. What happens when someone flys in a not allowed area ( for example a notam area). Can the drone be seen on the flight radar of the nearest airport or other security devices?
Did someone have a confrontation with police or another institutions in the past?

i am looking for your answers.

2021-6-14
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Depending where you are the fly app will not let you fly without laanc approval near an airport. The airport does not have any information/ radar that can spot drones. That is why we need to request permission to fly in a specific location, then the control tower will know where we are flying to reroute any Airplanes for safety sake.
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM Pilot. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products and with DJI's future drones. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-6-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 6-14 06:55
Depending where you are the fly app will not let you fly without laanc approval near an airport. The airport does not have any information/ radar that can spot drones. That is why we need to request permission to fly in a specific location, then the control tower will know where we are flying to reroute any Airplanes for safety sake.

yeah nice in theory but that's not gonna happen.  after i get laanc, planes still fly thru my space and i end up having to look out for them.  but it's a small airport so there's not a lot of "re-routing" to be done i guess; not alot of choice on where or when or how to land.  from what i can see, if i fly in the grid at or below the authorized altitude, the manned aircraft will stay above that altitude....and all s/b good.  but sometimes i so far away from the airport and still within laanc, there's no way manned aircraft and helicopters are getting tower instructions at that distance.  i guess i don't know for sure because i don't fly and i don't listen to the radio.
2021-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Your drone can be picked up by the police.
I have seen numerous reports on this in NL.
Not sure how they know you are there, since the M2 does not have airsense.
2021-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If they have purchased DJI Aeroscope they can see your drone & registration details.
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

videoeditman Posted at 6-14 06:55

ah okay i didn't know that, thank your very much for the detailed answer.
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 19:57
Hello there MM Pilot. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products and with DJI's future drones. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

alright thank you, i am very excited for the new drone!
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

The Saint Posted at 6-14 20:46
yeah nice in theory but that's not gonna happen.  after i get laanc, planes still fly thru my space and i end up having to look out for them.  but it's a small airport so there's not a lot of "re-routing" to be done i guess; not alot of choice on where or when or how to land.  from what i can see, if i fly in the grid at or below the authorized altitude, the manned aircraft will stay above that altitude....and all s/b good.  but sometimes i so far away from the airport and still within laanc, there's no way manned aircraft and helicopters are getting tower instructions at that distance.  i guess i don't know for sure because i don't fly and i don't listen to the radio.

alright, thanks a lot for sharing your experience!
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 6-14 22:58
Your drone can be picked up by the police.
I have seen numerous reports on this in NL.
Not sure how they know you are there, since the M2 does not have airsense.

ah alright, i thougt the m2 does not have airesense but another system to communicate. I didn't heared someting like that about in germany, but it is very interesting to hear it.
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 6-15 00:07
If they have purchased DJI Aeroscope they can see your drone & registration details.

you mean the airport tower?
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MM Pilot Posted at 6-15 10:16
ah alright, i thougt the m2 does not have airesense but another system to communicate. I didn't heared someting like that about in germany, but it is very interesting to hear it.

It does not have airsense.
But somehow they can pick up the communication between the drone and the remote.
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 13:09
It does not have airsense.
But somehow they can pick up the communication between the drone and the remote.

yeah that i have read, when there was a drone on a german airport in the past.
But it is good for us, that the system don't have airsense.
2021-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MM Pilot Posted at 6-15 22:24
yeah that i have read, when there was a drone on a german airport in the past.

DJi have produced a system called Aeroscope, that allows the owner of this equipment to listen into your control signals and it notifies them of who you are and where your drone is located. It has nothing to do with Airsense at all. DJI sells you the drone and then behind your back they sell the authorities the quipment to trace you. Nice one DJI.

2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MM Pilot Posted at 6-15 22:24
yeah that i have read, when there was a drone on a german airport in the past.

I would like it to have airsense. So others can see me flying.
Sometimes a low flying helicopter passes by and it would be comforting to know he at least sees me on radar.
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 6-15 22:46
DJi have produced a system called Aeroscope, that allows the owner of this equipment to listen into your control signals and it notifies them of who you are and where your drone is located. It has nothing to do with Airsense at all. DJI sells you the drone and then behind your back they sell the authorities the quipment to trace you. Nice one DJI.

Yeah, I heard about it.
2021-6-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM Pilot Posted at 6-15 10:17
you mean the airport tower?

No DJI Aeroscope,  it a product they can purchase to discover drones in the area - https://www.dji.com/uk/aeroscope
2021-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MM Pilot Posted at 6-15 10:10
alright thank you, i am very excited for the new drone!

Hi there MM Pilot. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for continuously supporting DJI and keep flying. .
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Geebax Posted at 6-15 22:46
DJi have produced a system called Aeroscope, that allows the owner of this equipment to listen into your control signals and it notifies them of who you are and where your drone is located. It has nothing to do with Airsense at all. DJI sells you the drone and then behind your back they sell the authorities the quipment to trace you. Nice one DJI.

oh wow that's very interessting, i didn't know that, thanks a lot for sharing this information! But in my opinion, sometimes it could hepl, like on airports.
2021-6-16
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 22:56
I would like it to have airsense. So others can see me flying.
Sometimes a low flying helicopter passes by and it would be comforting to know he at least sees me on radar.

yeah but everyone can see you and you drone. I think often it is more an disadvantage
2021-6-16
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 6-15 23:29
No DJI Aeroscope,  it a product they can purchase to discover drones in the area - https://www.dji.com/uk/aeroscope

ah okay, thanks a lot for the link!
2021-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MM Pilot Posted at 6-16 12:04
yeah but everyone can see you and you drone. I think often it is more an disadvantage

Not everybody.
Only if you have the right equipment.
2021-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM Pilot Posted at 6-16 12:05
ah okay, thanks a lot for the link!

You're very welcome.
2021-6-16
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Airsense = ADS-B in only (receive mode only to detect Airplanes, helicopters) they do not send ADS-B out on DJI drones. But any authority that has Aeroscope can see your DJI drone, RC position, etc. everything RID is supposed to allow. The big difference being whoever wants to track DJI drones via Aeroscope needs to purchase equipment/ software to do so. This would not be some average Joe that hates drones tracking you down. Probably only a few airports/ military installations might have this. I would hope this could be the RID implementation as only those who have a need for security/ safety would know if your drone is coming near a sensitive location.
2021-6-17
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Aeroscope, User feedback:
Areoscope
TampaTC  Start dateAug 20, 2020

Aug 20, 2020
Hello all, I have been using Aeroscope for about a month now. I have two antenna and get around a 30 mile radius of monitoring. I never thought there are so many drones (DJI) flying every day. How many drones a day do you think on average I see? (They are logged by flight so one drone can be multiple logs) Right now is around the 400 mark. I can see the drones location, speed, height, and how long its been flying. I know where the home point is and where the controller is. I don't see the name or personal information of anyone but do see the drone SN this could be used to find the owner. (No my job). It does not show if a person has filed LAANC. So a person may be questioned if in an area requiring authorization. By looking at patterns and aircraft types, there are a lot of MA2 owners out there. It looks like a lot of unknowable flyers to, flying in a TFR, close by stadiums and Airports, above 400'. So some are smart enough to modify so they can fly in restricted zones. I don't see flyers doing much BVLOS and that's good. But the number one place flown are the 3 main bridges crossing the bay. Happy flying all, just thought I would give a little insight to Aeroscope and what I see.
2021-6-17
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

videoeditman Posted at 6-17 05:13
Areoscope

Great and thanks for sharing this information. Now it should not be any question on how this works.
2021-6-17
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 6-16 22:14
Not everybody.
Only if you have the right equipment.

that was what i mean with this statement. I think if this is happening fliying will be much more less interesting, because towers and anyone else can see you and then you need a permission declaration
2021-6-18
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

videoeditman Posted at 6-17 05:01
Airsense = ADS-B in only (receive mode only to detect Airplanes, helicopters) they do not send ADS-B out on DJI drones. But any authority that has Aeroscope can see your DJI drone, RC position, etc. everything RID is supposed to allow. The big difference being whoever wants to track DJI drones via Aeroscope needs to purchase equipment/ software to do so. This would not be some average Joe that hates drones tracking you down. Probably only a few airports/ military installations might have this. I would hope this could be the RID implementation as only those who have a need for security/ safety would know if your drone is coming near a sensitive location.

ah alright i understand. It' s a very interesting theme. Thank you for the detailled answer. It sounds well that not much people could have Aeroscope. So it is much more calm by flying.

What do you think will happen, if you fly out of a NOTAM area and then you fly into a NOTAM area ( for example edge of a city) ?
2021-6-18
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

videoeditman Posted at 6-17 05:13
Areoscope

this is also very interesting! It's amazing to hear that from a person, which is needing this system as well. Thanks for this too!
2021-6-18
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

MM Pilot Posted at 6-18 06:55
ah alright i understand. It' s a very interesting theme. Thank you for the detailled answer. It sounds well that not much people could have Aeroscope. So it is much more calm by flying.

What do you think will happen, if you fly out of a NOTAM area and then you fly into a NOTAM area ( for example edge of a city) ?

I don't know much about NOTAMS, especially in Germany. I would see if you can find a phone number associated with the NOTAM and give them a call and see what they say.
2021-6-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MM Pilot Posted at 6-18 06:45
that was what i mean with this statement. I think if this is happening fliying will be much more less interesting, because towers and anyone else can see you and then you need a permission declaration

Well, it won't be for me. I try to avoid those areas at all cost.
You don't want to hit the news when your M2 causes some accident
2021-6-18
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

videoeditman Posted at 6-18 10:14
I don't know much about NOTAMS, especially in Germany. I would see if you can find a phone number associated with the NOTAM and give them a call and see what they say.

Notams means temoprary flight ban. For example if there is a helicopter emergency operation or low flying aircrafts or a police operation. But the cities make it very easy for themself. They setted the notams around the city since 2015 with no time constraint.
2021-6-20
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 6-18 11:35
Well, it won't be for me. I try to avoid those areas at all cost.
You don't want to hit the news when your M2 causes some accident

yes thats absolutly right. i also try to avoid these areas.
2021-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MM Pilot Posted at 6-20 03:33
yes thats absolutly right. i also try to avoid these areas.

So I would not mind them seeing me while flying. In fact, that would be assuring for me.
2021-6-20
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 6-20 05:17
So I would not mind them seeing me while flying. In fact, that would be assuring for me.

yeah i think there are different opinions about that theme.
2021-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MM Pilot Posted at 6-22 10:13
yeah i think there are different opinions about that theme.

Could be indeed.
I would really want a chopper passing by low to see me on radar.
Happened more than once that I found myself pushing the left stick down as much as I could to descent while a chop chop chop chop sound was approaching fast.
2021-6-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-22 10:41
Could be indeed.
I would really want a chopper passing by low to see me on radar.
Happened more than once that I found myself pushing the left stick down as much as I could to descent while a chop chop chop chop sound was approaching fast.

why does that matter?  the only helicopter that will collide with your low-altitude drone is the helicopter that doesn't care about drones, doesn't care(less) to avoid a collision, and isn't looking out for anything like a drone.  there are a small group of pilots who don't believe drones deserve any air and will probably try to knock one down (i.e. police) so showing up on a radar isn't going to help the high risk situations.  unless we are talking about you flying right near the roof top heliport or in the fog or at night without lighting or over the freeway traffic during rush-hour along with the news or near a fire or police chase (where you shouldn't be or need to use extreme caution), i just don't see a lot of upside to recreational drones alerting manned aircraft of their presence.
2021-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 6-22 11:03
why does that matter?  the only helicopter that will collide with your low-altitude drone is the helicopter that doesn't care about drones, doesn't care(less) to avoid a collision, and isn't looking out for anything like a drone.  there are a small group of pilots who don't believe drones deserve any air and will probably try to knock one down (i.e. police) so showing up on a radar isn't going to help the high risk situations.  unless we are talking about you flying right near the roof top heliport or in the fog or at night without lighting or over the freeway traffic during rush-hour along with the news or near a fire or police chase (where you shouldn't be or need to use extreme caution), i just don't see a lot of upside to recreational drones alerting manned aircraft of their presence.

It matters because I think it would help if my presence was noticed by them.
I'm not sure if this airsense is also transmitting height, but that would make them able to decide if it would be wise to gain some altitude.
Police, rescue and military choppers are allowed to fly quite low and we have to give way to them.
But my problem is that I don't always hear them in time (usually when they fly fast) and I really don't want to cause any problems there.
So when I'm transmitting my location + height, I would feel less a problem (still would need to give way, but it is hard to judge their height when you don't see them).
2021-6-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-22 11:13
It matters because I think it would help if my presence was noticed by them.
I'm not sure if this airsense is also transmitting height, but that would make them able to decide if it would be wise to gain some altitude.
Police, rescue and military choppers are allowed to fly quite low and we have to give way to them.

sorry i didn't mean to take this offtopic but we are getting into another space besides the technical space which is the area you sound most interested in.

we don't have low flying manned aircraft vs. drone collision problems (or near misses) here so we don't need a solution to mitigate the risk.  as long as you fly vlos, you shouldn't have to depend as much on hearing other aircraft.

however, i think this idea about remote id will play a part and could be helpful when you are talking about a bunch of delivery drones for example.  imho, airsense is enough for me.  as i fly my drone, i get the alert well in advance.  it tells me when news helicopter are approaching and it tells me well in advance giving me plenty of time of descend.  i can see the conflict path and in fact, i have time to re-position my drone and try to capture the small plane on video.  i understand airsense is not available everywhere and imo it's a good idea and it works well.  however, as i mentioned earlier, i'm not a fan of trying to integrate recreational drones into the airspace by electronic means....nothing good will come from that.  it will help avoid exactly zero collisions and it's a nightmare/headache for drone flyers; the future possibilities. ;)
2021-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 6-22 11:27
sorry i didn't mean to take this offtopic but we are getting into another space besides the technical space which is the area you sound most interested in.

we don't have low flying manned aircraft vs. drone collision problems (or near misses) here so we don't need a solution to mitigate the risk.  as long as you fly vlos, you shouldn't have to depend as much on hearing other aircraft.

I totally agree on that last part.
We should not mix those 2 together!
2021-6-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules