659 0 2021-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TREMS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98990 ft
United States

Hi,

I am struggling to understand why a waypoint created directly on GE does not show up in the same location once transferred to the Litchi Hub. IF the waypoint was created somewhere else (say a gps device) and then imported to GE, and then exported as KML to be imported to Litchi. It all works great. Also, if I create a "path" on GE and then convert to kml and import to Litchi, that works well as well. But waypoints are a different story. Any waypoint I manually create on GE does not convert to Litchi. IT always ends up somewhere else.

Not knowing why that was, I opened one of the exported kmls on notepad and noticed the following.

<Placemark>
                <name>Untitled Placemark</name>
                <LookAt>
                        <longitude>-97.69338894096312</longitude>
                        <latitude>30.29437310361803</latitude>
                        <altitude>0</altitude>
                        <heading>0.0006723412626017166</heading>
                        <tilt>0</tilt>
                        <range>497.949045822714</range>
                        <gx:altitudeMode>relativeToSeaFloor</gx:altitudeMode>
                </LookAt>
                <styleUrl>#msn_ylw-pushpin</styleUrl>
                <Point>
                        <extrude>1</extrude>
                        <altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>
                        <gx:drawOrder>1</gx:drawOrder>
                        <coordinates>-97.69427524451636,30.29357991625862,7</coordinates>
                </Point>

As seen in the above text. There are two coordinates, one is the "look at" and the other one is the "point". Clearly, the waypoint's coordinates are the "point" yet Litchi seems to be importing the "look at". From what I can tell, it seems the "look at" is exactly the center point of GE map.
Why is that, and how to go around this problem?

My use case is the following.
I have a series of waypoints created with a gps device that I later import to GE. I now want to create my flight path, hence I need to add some waypoints on GE in order to export the whole file with all the waypoints, yet when I import on litchi, all the wp created on GE are completely off and I have to redo things manually again. It is just a pain.

Thanks for any advice

2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules