14586 86 2021-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amitgv1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032493 ft
Germany

thetechnobear Posted at 6-17 12:11
interesting..... ive not checked out th MC on the new firmware yet....

what Id like it to do, is to allow you to prevent rotation of the drone by rotating the controller.

I have tested it and it's perform as you said. Now it’s much better responsive. Thanks
2021-6-18
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

amitgv1 Posted at 6-18 05:07
I have tested it and it's perform as you said. Now it’s much better responsive. Thanks

yeah, I had a go as well... much better

interesting that they have defaulted it to OFF, so thats a change of behaviour (albeit better)...
Id have expected them to default to ON, so you'd have to turn it off to get the new better behaviour.
I think shows, they decided it was confusing to beginners.

I also noticed the Tilt function now works on the MC during flight. (iirc this wasnt the case in 1.0.1)

2021-6-18
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

you mean the roll?

thats normal when there is wind... the drone has to roll to hold itself on its current heading/stationary.
since there is no 3 axis gimbal (unlike the mavics), we get the roll.
this was the same in previous firmware...

what might have changed, is you may have previously turned on  'Roll Correction' this will straighten the horizon (digitally)
however, upgrades reset all settings, so this would now be turned off by default - so you could turn it back on to get it straight again.
2021-6-18
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fans6c1cb290 Posted at 6-15 01:40
Hello,
A blog https://kanzhaji.com/news/gujiangengxin/60179.html  evoke the speed limit in S and M mode for certain countries from June 20? Is it real ?

Do you have the list of countries impacted ?
2021-6-18
Use props
amitgv1
lvl.4
Germany

CTT Channel Posted at 6-18 11:49
Do you have the list of countries impacted ?

I think its only for China and it’s for a limited time
2021-6-18
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 785125 ft
Croatia

I just flied two flights in manual with the new firmware and I haven't noticed any difference in how it feels other than propwash being roughly twice as bad as before. Here's a one minute video showing just the propwash events from these two flights: (headset footage, no EIS)

2021-6-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Shadetail Posted at 6-19 03:09
I just flied two flights in manual with the new firmware and I haven't noticed any difference in how it feels other than propwash being roughly twice as bad as before. Here's a one minute video showing just the propwash events from these two flights: (headset footage, no EIS)

I noticed this change in behavior with propwash also. But I think it's responding harder and firmer to the PW "inputs" than it was before. It's an 800+ gram 5" quad, so the PW is just going to be really bad no matter what, so I'm not surprised to see these harder corrections to it with the improved tune, but with the shaking still really bad...

I think the tune they have on it now is about as good as they can probably make it, given what they have to work with. I think it'll be about like this for the life of the drone, unless/until they redesign it in version 2.0, when/if there is one....
2021-6-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

I just flied two flights in manual with the new firmware and I haven't noticed any difference in how it feels other than propwash being roughly twice as bad as before. Here's a one minute video showing just the propwash events from these two flights: (headset footage, no EIS)

are your props damaged?

I also dont have EIS on (in my googles) , and its not shaking anywhere near as much as yours.
I even went and checked my google footage just to make sure I wasn't imagining it...

I get little micro shakes, they are very small movements - to the point, I've often assumed its video frames being dropped...

the only time I see shakes of the magnitude you have in your video is if I do a dive and then full power on at the bottom - then I get a short judder as it 'composes' itself .
It seems to be the sudden power burst, as if dont make it as violent e.g apply power sooner, and so less throttle/less abrupt - I dont get it.... so I can fly around it.

2021-6-19
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

amitgv1 Posted at 6-18 13:14
I think its only for China and it’s for a limited time

ok thanks
2021-6-19
Use props
Vertigocal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554928 ft
Germany

thetechnobear Posted at 6-19 06:01
are your props damaged?

I also dont have EIS on (in my googles) , and its not shaking anywhere near as much as yours.
Mine sometimes does the same when decending fast. Guess it‘s normal because of the higher windforces which hit the props. Besides that it flies pretty smooth and stable.

Tested the new firmware today in N and S mode and feels the same than before.
2021-6-19
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

I just flied two flights in manual with the new firmware and I haven't noticed any difference in how it feels other than propwash being roughly twice as bad as before. Here's a one minute video showing just the propwash events from these two flights: (headset footage, no EIS)

Hello !!

The problem with your strong propwash is that you are piloting your drone badly ....

If you do those vertical descents so abruptly you will always have prop wash on this drone ....

If a drone falls back into its own turbulence it will always cause propwash ....

On your drone it is particularly noticeable .... do you have damaged propellers?

One question ..... did the drone crash?

This drone must be piloted with the rules of freestyle drones but with more delicacy given its weight.

Clearly the tuning of the PIDs is not yet the best unfortunately ...
2021-6-19
Use props
fansfdeb5437
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467795 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans6c1cb290 Posted at 6-15 01:40
Hello,
A blog https://kanzhaji.com/news/gujiangengxin/60179.html  evoke the speed limit in S and M mode for certain countries from June 20? Is it real ?

This morning I encountered “Throttle output restricted…” in M mode. I fly in China, the speed limit seems becoming reality here.
The throttle is not responsive at all. This product is becoming completely useless.
Hoping DJI will refund it.
2021-6-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

Perhaps try the fcc hack by b3yond ?
2021-6-20
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Croatia

@thetechnobear @Max90payneFPV
> are your props damaged?
> On your drone it is particularly noticeable .... do you have damaged propellers?
> One question ..... did the drone crash?

I did have my first crash the other day, before updating the firmware.

the only damage were two bent props, one quite visibly, other near invisibly.

I replaced damaged props immediately and did a test flight:

(that's headset footage, no EIS. Stabilized 4k footage can be seen here: https://youtu.be/jjGeKKph5Gs )
And during this test flight I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, and I was specifically looking for it. Granted the flight wasn't very long, and it's possible I would have experienced strong prop wash had I flown differently, but it's hard to be sure. After that flight I updated the firmware, and the next two flights were the ones with propwash issues that I shared in a previous post. I'm guessing it isn't possible to downgrade firmware so I could actually test if this is due to firmware or not?

2021-6-20
Use props
wittensinaz
lvl.1
United States

I can't seem to get the FW to upload to the drone. It keeps telling me aircraft needs to be connected. Android phone connected to goggles, everything powered up. Help.
2021-6-20
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

Shadetail Posted at 6-20 02:35
> On your drone it is particularly noticeable .... do you have damaged propellers?

nice recovery

yeah, your test flight looks better than the other flight you posted... assuming conditions were the same.

previous firmware, you'd need to talk to dji support - see if they can provide you access to previous firmware - I dont think its anywhere that you can just download

that said, whilst there some debate about how much the firmware has improved flight characteristic, as I think,  at best its 'subtle'.. I've not seen anyone else complain its worst, or shown its as shakey as yours.

have you tried recalibrating the IMU?

Id also look for any small cracks on the arms,
check that when all the props are on, that they all align with each other,
check the arms are still firmly attached, the screws have not loosened, similarly the prop mounting.
spin the motors (battery out!) by hand, check they all sound the same.

finally, orbit the drone around you slowly (first clockwise then counter clockwise), does it sound the same.
sometimes you can hear a motor acting up if you do fly pasts and where different motors are close to you.

in your test flight, I can think i can hear a very subtle difference on the right, but honestly its so subtle, and I could be imagining it, or it could just be wind, or within normal tolerances.
if I hear an odd noise, I usually try to verify by spinning the motors by hand... usually you can hear or feel a difference.
(this doesn't always mean bad... Ive noticed one of my motors is a bit 'odd', Im guessing perhaps dirt or something has got in there)

does it do this in GPS modes (N/S)?
( I believe firmware update was only supposed to change M mode flight characteristics)

2021-6-20
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Croatia

thetechnobear Posted at 6-20 05:08
nice recovery  

yeah, your test flight looks better than the other flight you posted... assuming conditions were the same.

Haven't tried any recalibrations as IMU and Compass are both reporting normal status and not asking for recalibration, which they should ask for if needed, according to manual. Following your instructions I went looking for small cracks and such and actually found one on the rear right engine area, and it was an easy fix of just pushing it back into place! Here's a photo
My guess is that this was the culprit, rather than firmware, especially since no one else experienced it but me. If I notice such shakiness in the future I'll continue with examinations. I did check the motor sounds and they sounded about the same. Can't really answer the question if it does this in N/S modes as I haven't flown these modes nearly enough to have relevant sample size to compare, but I'm  hopeful we found the cause with that crack, thanks for assistance!
2021-6-20
Use props
mooresuperman44gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2473097 ft
United States

After updating my dji fpv 06/18/21 my motion controller rth is not working correctly when you hit the button its landing no where near from where it last took off from my main remote control rth work fine please advice on how to fix this
2021-6-20
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Croatia

mooresuperman44gmail.com Posted at 6-20 11:57
After updating my dji fpv 06/18/21 my motion controller rth is not working correctly when you hit the button its landing no where near from where it last took off from my main remote control rth work fine please advice on how to fix this

Could be that something changed with the firmware update, but make sure you've read this part of user manual as it seems relevant to your issue:

2021-6-20
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Shadetail Posted at 6-20 02:35
> On your drone it is particularly noticeable .... do you have damaged propellers?

Hello !!

Clearly the crash has ruined the propellers and I would recommend changing them. I would do an IMU and compass calibration again for safety.

From your control there is no major damage to the drone so it should be okay. However, given the ratio of engine power and weight of this drone do not expect it to go smoothly trying to freestyle ..... it is not made for this !!

The C value of the batteries should also be considered, which is very low so they do not provide a really powerful starting point for the engines that are certainly not freestyle engines (2207-2605) but more like cruise engines (2407?)

It must be understood, and I repeat it from day one, that this drone is not made for freestyle ....

Greetings and good flight
2021-6-20
Use props
Killerman2021
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there , I have a fpv and I'm a bit disappoint with it. I cannot get the unit to go any further than 800 ish meters before the system looses connection...for something that clearly states of a 10km distance this is very disappointing after spending nearly $3,000 for this toy....

Can anyone shed any I info. All these tests have been performed jn wide open areas. The dji fpv controller looks like something you expect from a Kmart toy
2021-6-21
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Killerman2021 Posted at 6-21 04:08
Hi there , I have a fpv and I'm a bit disappoint with it. I cannot get the unit to go any further than 800 ish meters before the system looses connection...for something that clearly states of a 10km distance this is very disappointing after spending nearly $3,000 for this toy....

Can anyone shed any I info. All these tests have been performed jn wide open areas. The dji fpv controller looks like something you expect from a Kmart toy

Hello !!

Honestly I don't have these performances .... in CE mode I easily reach over 2 Km ...

In FCC mode, I even went beyond 4 Km.

Flying in the mountains (where I fly 90% of the time) clearly I have to pay attention to the morphology of the terrain because they are extreme conditions for any receiver and transmitter ...
2021-6-21
Use props
Killerman2021
lvl.1
Australia

Max90payneFPV Posted at 6-21 04:40
Hello !!

Honestly I don't have these performances .... in CE mode I easily reach over 2 Km ...

is there anything I can change for better reception ? or can i share a log of some sort ?
2021-6-21
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

Killerman2021 Posted at 6-21 05:28
is there anything I can change for better reception ? or can i share a log of some sort ?

if you are in an open area trying switching to 2.4ghz

settings->transmission-> manual  , then select 2.4ghz

as others have said try the b3yond hack...

2021-6-21
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

The only time I lost the signal completely with the DJI FPV and I saw everything black was when I slipped into that throat (see photo) which was also transversal to the point where I had the antennas of the goggles facing.

And I was at a distance of about 2 Km .... and in the mountains.

I saw everything completely black on my goggles .... I was thinking the worst when after about 30 seconds the video reappeared on the goggles and the DJI FPV had started the RHT !!

yesterday in the same way I unfortunately lost flying a Flywoo Explorer HD ..... the RTH procedure unfortunately did not work as it should.

It must be said that the safety that this drone is giving me while flying in the mountains is exceptional.

Snapshot_6.png
2021-6-21
Use props
BirdUp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305505 ft
United States

Yes, I have seen that issue too.
2021-6-21
Use props
BirdUp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305505 ft
United States

Has anyone noticed the props are now in the goggles view and the video after the upgrade? There was used to the an Advanced settings within the Settings/Camera that let you crop the sensor. It's not there anymore. Furthermore, there was also a built-in stabilization feature that is no longer there. My videos went from butter smooth yesterday to pretty terrible and to add insult to injury also have the props seen as well. I called DJI Support and there's no way to downgrade either! Any ideas are welcome.
2021-6-21
Use props
Killerman2021
lvl.1
Australia

thetechnobear Posted at 6-21 06:24
if you are in an open area trying switching to 2.4ghz

settings->transmission-> manual  , then select 2.4ghz

Hey bud, tried the 2.4ghz as you suggested. Still same looses range at about 1,050mtrs I’ve tried they beyond thing but how do you verify the hack actually works ?

Can change anything like the antennas to better ones at all ? Running out of options here
2021-6-21
Use props
mooresuperman44gmail.com
lvl.2
United States

Not sure where on earth to post this help requst but after updating my dji fpv my motion controller willl not turn my drone right or left in a circle when simply turning my wrist to the left or right it did work before the update how can I fix this
2021-6-21
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Croatia

Killerman2021 Posted at 6-21 20:03
Hey bud, tried the 2.4ghz as you suggested. Still same looses range at about 1,050mtrs I’ve tried they beyond thing but how do you verify the hack actually works ?

Can change anything like the antennas to better ones at all ? Running out of options here

The thing that fixed this for me is using the b3yond app to unlock the full strength of the singnal.
Outside the US and SRRC, drone is limited to 25mw of wifi power. B3yond unlocks the full power of 1412mw. At this point using 2.4 or 5ghz stops mattering and you should return this setting to auto.
Note that connecting to DJI Fly app undoes the unlock, which will require re applying it with b3yond app, which fortunately is fast and easy. I can confirm that this works from experience of many flights with and without the unlock. You can test it yourself by undoing it, finding a location where you lose signal (behind a few trees for example), then test the same location with the full power unlocked. Alternatively you can just go far into the distance and measure how far you can maximally go. For me the range is around 3-4 times better with the unlock. With it, I was able to fly 1.3km away while behind 3 tree canopies before I started losing signal. Without it I lose signal at 500m or less in the same situation, and 5 canopies even manage to completely block my signal at 50m distance.
2021-6-22
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Croatia

mooresuperman44gmail.com Posted at 6-21 23:36
Not sure where on earth to post this help requst but after updating my dji fpv my motion controller willl not turn my drone right or left in a circle when simply turning my wrist to the left or right it did work before the update how can I fix this

I noticed this as well. It's supposed to be the new default to make it easier to fly for newbies, but it should be possible to revert it to how it was in the headset settings menu somewhere under motion controller category.
2021-6-22
Use props
mooresuperman44gmail.com
lvl.2
United States

Shadetail Posted at 6-22 02:28
I noticed this as well. It's supposed to be the new default to make it easier to fly for newbies, but it should be possible to revert it to how it was in the headset settings menu somewhere under motion controller category.

I have looked all over the goggles before I made the post I have did a total reset 2 times i have calibrated 4 times the drone and the motion controller this sucks i glad someone said something because i was getting ready to order a new one if you find another way to fix this please get back to me thank you
2021-6-22
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

you can revert to the old behavior by settings -> motion contoller -> horiz rotation control = on

personally, I find the new behaviour disabling wrist rotation is actually better ... I found it problematic before
2021-6-23
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

First of all, thanks for a great fpv drone. I have only one hand working after a stroke, therefor the motion controller was a big Yeay for me.. Finally i could fly more FPV.
I did receive the FT Aviator stick from Scott P. to my M2P and i bought the googles RE and that was a way of FPV for me.. but this DJI FPV with the Motion Controller was even more fun and the drone is faster.
There are two things i miss and hope will come in the future updates, to be able to record whats seen in the google, and a way for me to do a loop or roll using the motion controller.
example use the tilt up for a loop, and tilt down for a roll or something like that. my kid has a toy drone that do a loop when pushing a button, so i could be done :-)
I have updated to the latest firmware and it works like a charm here :-)

thanks.
2021-6-23
Use props
fans33192077
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904140 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 6-15 07:51
I went ahead and updated one of my drones, but left the other with the old FW on it.

The metric/imperial setting is broken. There's two strange metric settings now in the menu and selecting imperial doesn't work. Everything is permanently in Metric now and you can't enable imperial units.

I’m having the same issue, everything worked great on the V2 goggles prior to the update, everything is in metric in the goggles
2021-6-23
Use props
maratonininkas
lvl.1
Lithuania

fans33192077 Posted at 6-23 16:48
I’m having the same issue, everything worked great on the V2 goggles prior to the update, everything is in metric in the goggles

Can anyone confirm whether the b3yond modification works with the latest firmware?
2021-6-24
Use props
amitgv1
lvl.4
Germany

maratonininkas Posted at 6-24 10:02
Can anyone confirm whether the b3yond modification works with the latest firmware?

I am using drone hacks android app and it's working so I assume also this one. You can download and try
2021-6-24
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Croatia

maratonininkas Posted at 6-24 10:02

I can confirm that b3yond is working with the new firmware. Tried flying both with and without b3yond using new firmware, noticed pretty huge difference.
2021-6-24
Use props
thomas.lefranc-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182628 ft
France

Low RTH battery does not work for me in manual mode with new firmware
Other users have the same problem?
2021-6-25
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Croatia

thomas.lefranc-sp Posted at 6-25 12:09
Low RTH battery does not work for me in manual mode with new firmware
Other users have the same problem?

I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere in the manual, but from my experience flying manual before the v01.02 firmware update, Low Battery RTH would never get activated in manual mode. The only thing that would happen is that battery icon would change color, maybe there's a notification warning as well, not sure. One time I was as low as 9% when I realized I'm low on battery and need to go land. RTH never kicked in, and I figured this was intentional as pilots flying manual could be in the middle of a flip while flying through a gap while on 26% battery and RTH activating at that moment as the battery ticks down to 25% could cause a crash.
2021-6-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules