4431 33 2021-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

After returning the Variable ND filters from PGYTech, I'm trying to do a bit more research.
Since some people stated these filters were good (on youtube), I'm not too fond of trying to find reviews there again.
So I'm giving it a go here.

This time I'm looking for fixed ND filters. I don't need PL right now and I would like to get at least 8-16-32-64

Quite a bit of sets out there, but I'm curious which ones you 'guys' like!

Knipsel.JPG
2021-6-15
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

I am in the same boat & cant find these in my local market so have to import it.
Planning to get these newer version from Freewell
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ranjan Posted at 6-15 06:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pjeasKuyBo

I am in the same boat & cant find these in my local market so have to import it.

Thanks.
I have had bad experiences with ND filters that got good reviews, so I'd like to hear from first hand 'real' users.
2021-6-15
Use props
davitzakari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 483527 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pick polarpro filters or freewell is the right budget option. I used to have freewell’s 10 stops ND filter, the image quality is really good, but I lost it.
2021-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Montfrooij. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may try checking the DJI Osmo Pocket ND Filters Set ( https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-nd-filters-set ) found on our DJI online store. This ND Filters Set is made specifically for the DJI Osmo Pocket and for the DJI Pocket 2, this set includes ND4, ND8, ND16, and ND32 Filters, allowing 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32 of incoming light through respectively, equal to 2/3/4/5-stop filters. These high-quality ND filters reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor, giving you more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time, and sensor sensitivity settings. A magnetic design makes it easy to switch ND filters. Thank you.
2021-6-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Get the DJI ND filter set or:

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ndard-filter-6-pack
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... -series-osmo-pocket

or

https://www.freewellgear.com/dji ... dard-day-4pack.html
https://www.freewellgear.com/dji ... -all-day-8pack.html

Buy those from their own websites and you get what you are buying.
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

davitzakari Posted at 6-15 19:40
Pick polarpro filters or freewell is the right budget option. I used to have freewell’s 10 stops ND filter, the image quality is really good, but I lost it.

Thanks.
Yeah, I'm looking into the ND1000 too from Freewell.
Why did you lose it?
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-15 19:43
Hello there Montfrooij. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may try checking the DJI Osmo Pocket ND Filters Set ( https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-nd-filters-set ) found on our DJI online store. This ND Filters Set is made specifically for the DJI Osmo Pocket and for the DJI Pocket 2, this set includes ND4, ND8, ND16, and ND32 Filters, allowing 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32 of incoming light through respectively, equal to 2/3/4/5-stop filters. These high-quality ND filters reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor, giving you more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time, and sensor sensitivity settings. A magnetic design makes it easy to switch ND filters. Thank you.

Thanks.
It's lacking a ND64 unfortunately, which I would like to have for brighter days.
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 6-15 22:43
Get the DJI ND filter set or:

https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/filters/products/dji-osmo-pocket-standard-filter-6-pack

Do you have experience with those?
2021-6-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 22:55
Do you have experience with those?

I have those except DJI but don't think they would sell crap lenses anyways.
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 6-15 22:56
I have those except DJI but don't think they would sell crap lenses anyways.

Can't find the polar pro cinema series collection here in NL...
But I will keep looking.
shipping from polarpro is quite expensive. $ 40,-
2021-6-15
Use props
mowmow
lvl.1
Qatar

I was deciding between PolarPro and DJI before. Went with Polarpro because some of the reviews I read mentioned it does not scratch the pocket 2 lens and that it has stronger magnet. Re: stronger magnet, testing it vs Freewell ND 1000, Night Pollution filter (have not used this to record though) and DJI Wide Angle, seemed like Polarpro does have a stronger magnet. It does not fall off that easily, even with my lens protector (yeah, will be removing it when I go out hehe).
Edit: I got the Polarpro standard pack.
2021-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mowmow Posted at 6-16 03:44
I was deciding between PolarPro and DJI before. Went with Polarpro because some of the reviews I read mentioned it does not scratch the pocket 2 lens and that it has stronger magnet. Re: stronger magnet, testing it vs Freewell ND 1000, Night Pollution filter (have not used this to record though) and DJI Wide Angle, seemed like Polarpro does have a stronger magnet. It does not fall off that easily, even with my lens protector (yeah, will be removing it when I go out hehe).
Edit: I got the Polarpro standard pack.

Thanks. I'm thinking about the PP standard pack too.
But the cinema collection also seems tempting.
2021-6-16
Use props
davitzakari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 483527 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 22:53
Thanks.
Yeah, I'm looking into the ND1000 too from Freewell.
Why did you lose it?

While it’s magnetic, when you detach from the camera, it’s easy to drop it. The filter size is a bit smaller to camera part, I dropped it into ocean accidentally.
2021-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

davitzakari Posted at 6-16 15:17
While it’s magnetic, when you detach from the camera, it’s easy to drop it. The filter size is a bit smaller to camera part, I dropped it into ocean accidentally.

Ah, yeah I get it. They are super tiny.
2021-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 22:54
Thanks.
It's lacking a ND64 unfortunately, which I would like to have for brighter days.

Hi there Peter. Thank you for the reply and for these information. You may try checking our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if ND Filters that you need is available for the DJI Pocket 2. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI members with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.
2021-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-16 22:15
Hi there Peter. Thank you for the reply and for these information. You may try checking our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if ND Filters that you need is available for the DJI Pocket 2. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI members with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.

Thanks for that. I will check
2021-6-16
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 22:54
Thanks.

For sure, it in not enough ND 32 for bright days. It says +1.3EV or +0.7 EV for ISO100 and 1/120 shutter.
I think it more prefered that ND4, so it is better to have ND64.
So for midday I'm using mostly ND32.Quality of DJI ND filters set is good. No issue with them.
2021-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mukhas Posted at 6-17 01:00
For sure, it in not enough ND 32 for bright days. It says +1.3EV or +0.7 EV for ISO100 and 1/120 shutter.
I think it more prefered that ND4, so it is better to have ND64.
So for midday I'm using mostly ND32.Quality of DJI ND filters set is good. No issue with them.

Exactly.
I think ND64 is a 'must have' for bright days.
I probably can live without ND4, but I'm not 100% sure.
2021-6-17
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Haven't got no experience from other filter sets, but my PolarPro Standard series seems to work well enough. Has a good range (polarizer + five ND filters) for a relatively inexpensive price, and as said before, the magnets seem to hold them well on its place and, so far, haven't noticed any scratches on the Pocket 2 lens.

Though I have to say I still am quite inexperienced with the filters, still learning how to get the maximum advantage on them.
2021-6-18
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Get PolarPro Standard and you are good.
2021-6-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 6-18 13:59
Haven't got no experience from other filter sets, but my PolarPro Standard series seems to work well enough. Has a good range (polarizer + five ND filters) for a relatively inexpensive price, and as said before, the magnets seem to hold them well on its place and, so far, haven't noticed any scratches on the Pocket 2 lens.

Though I have to say I still am quite inexperienced with the filters, still learning how to get the maximum advantage on them.

Thanks a lot for the advice.
Seems like the best deal at the moment!
2021-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 6-18 22:12
Get PolarPro Standard and you are good.

Thanks a lot!
2021-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 6-18 13:59
Haven't got no experience from other filter sets, but my PolarPro Standard series seems to work well enough. Has a good range (polarizer + five ND filters) for a relatively inexpensive price, and as said before, the magnets seem to hold them well on its place and, so far, haven't noticed any scratches on the Pocket 2 lens.

Though I have to say I still am quite inexperienced with the filters, still learning how to get the maximum advantage on them.

I'm not sure, seems like they are advertised as Osmo Pocket filters on amazon and not Pocket 2.
2021-6-19
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I use Sunnylife and I have them in series 4-8-16-32
2021-6-19
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 11:07
I'm not sure, seems like they are advertised as Osmo Pocket filters on amazon and not Pocket 2.

Don't trust Amazon titles and texts. Seller writes those. Use original website of The product.
2021-6-19
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 11:07
I'm not sure, seems like they are advertised as Osmo Pocket filters on amazon and not Pocket 2.

As far as I have understood, they were originally designed for the first Osmo Pocket. However, PolarPro website mentions them also to be compatible with Pocket 2, and when I have used them myself, I haven't noticed any kind of vignetting or other noticeable problems.
2021-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 6-20 03:30
As far as I have understood, they were originally designed for the first Osmo Pocket. However, PolarPro website mentions them also to be compatible with Pocket 2, and when I have used them myself, I haven't noticed any kind of vignetting or other noticeable problems.

Thanks for the insight!
I think I will order them.
2021-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 6-19 22:58
Don't trust Amazon titles and texts. Seller writes those. Use original website of The product.

Exactly.
But HGDC stated they should be compatible.
2021-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 6-19 13:34
I use Sunnylife and I have them in series 4-8-16-32

Thanks.
I think I will try the PolarPro standard set.
2021-6-20
Use props
Papierflieger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 472329 ft
Germany

I have also the "PolarPro Standard Filter 6er Pack set" and they are great. Mostly I use the 16 and 32 on sunny days. If you have snow and a sunny day then i use 64. But it also depends on wich shutter speed you are filming.
2021-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

try freewell anamorphic and or wide angle ND filters, Anamorphic is a great experience and their wide angle is really good with minimum vignetting and a very small package 8,16,32,64.   https://www.freewellgear.com/dji-osmo-pocket-filters-and-dji-osmo-pocket-accessories/738-dji-pocket-2-osmo-pocket-wide-angle-anamorphic-lens.html
2021-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Papierflieger Posted at 6-20 05:32
I have also the "olarPro Standard Filter 6er Pack set" and they are great. Mostly I use the 16 and 32 on sunny days. If you have snow and a sunny day then i use 64. But it also depends on wich shutter speed you are filming.

Thanks!
Confirms my thoughts
2021-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 6-20 12:59
try freewell anamorphic and or wide angle ND filters, Anamorphic is a great experience and their wide angle is really good with minimum vignetting and a very small package 8,16,32,64.   https://www.freewellgear.com/dji-osmo-pocket-filters-and-dji-osmo-pocket-accessories/738-dji-pocket-2-osmo-pocket-wide-angle-anamorphic-lens.html

Those look great too.
I will start with regular ND's first as my goal is too keep the total package as small as possible. But when i'm going to use the P2 more for video, I will def. take a look!
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules