Exceeding preset max altitude or distance, what happens?
798 6 2021-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I am a novice mini 2 flyer.  I always fly visual line if sight and usually less that 100 feet.

In the Preflight Check page I have the Max Altitude at 390 feet and the Max Distance at 1500 feet.

My question is, if I try to fly beyond those preset values what will happen?  Do I get  a warning and the drone continues or does that drone stop at that wall and hover?  Or does something else happen?

2021-6-15
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will get a warning message that you have reached the Max Altitude/Distance and the drone will stop and hover.  You can test this for yourself by setting lower limits within your VLOS and see exactly what happens.  The settings are under the Safety Tab (click on the 3 dots, then Safety Tab, from the camera view screen in DJI Fly).
2021-6-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try setting lesser distances and test to see what happens.
2021-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ontario Drone. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. Once you have fly beyond those preset values you will receive a notification on the DJI Fly application as posted above by K9JDN on post #2. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-6-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its like flying into an invisible wall.
2021-6-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone will stop and hover.  I'd recommend lowering your max distance and give it a test.  That way you will see how it acts.  
2021-6-16
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I did a test.  I set the max distance at 49 feet then flew away at speed.   At 49 feet two things happened at the same time., the drone stopped dead then hovered and the controller hummed and vibrated very briefly.  Thanks everyone.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules