Don't get lazy
759 4 2021-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank Alonso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

OK - So I am a newbie when it comes to flying.  So if anyone can learn from my mistakes then there would be some small benefit to this.
Yesterday I decided to get a few ariel shots.  Instead of taking the elevator to the ground floor, I decided to launch the drone from my balcony.  That was my first mistake!  I launched the drone with a battery that had about 60% charge.  That was my second mistake!  My battery started to run low and rather than bring the drone in right away I pushed for a few more shots.  That was my third mistake!

During the RTH I ended up fighting to get the drone over the railing to land on the deck.  I really should have just landed in the parking lot.  But I was on a roll with all these unforced errors, so why stop right?!  Needless to say I bumped the railing and the drone fell two stories to the concrete below.

There is a reason I am sharing this and it is not to humiliate myself.  This is a reminder not to take unnecessary risks. Do not get lazy.

1) Try to take off with a full battery
2) Make sure your home point is clear and free of obstacles
3) Avoid low battery RTH.  Your landing should always be controlled
2021-6-15
Use props
Frank Alonso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

Oh FYI - I wish I had the camera rolling so I could see the look of panic and horror on my face.  LOL
2021-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Frank Alonso. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2's previous flight and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to check the said DJI drone and assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to help you. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the reminders!
2021-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always hand catch th drone from a balcony,  much safer.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules