Issue with Images processing
877 8 2021-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex-NE.FL.
lvl.1

United States

Hello All,
I am hoping someone else has experienced a similar issue and can give me some direction. Been using the RTK drone now for almost a year and never had any issues. I have flown the same project twice now and have come up with the same results. I am in Florida using the FDOT VRS network flying a site in Greencove Springs,FL. Reception has not been an issue for Cell/Wifi.  Both times I have succesfully connected to the network without any RTK Interruption/Weak Signal. STD Deviation vertical accuracy was consistently between 2.9-4.0cm (The RTK tags started around 0.04m accuracy and improved through the day) When you open up the images, Accuracy seems to be good. I start processing in Pix4d and only 2 to 4 of the 1900 images come through as calibrated...Almost all of the images were uncalibrated. I flew a 300 acre site last week using same drone, same settings, and everything went smooth.
In the process of splitting the project up and processing with PPK then merging but I have a feeling there is something wrong with the images.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Alex
2021-6-15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

How's the overlap? Uncalibrated images in Pix are usually due to insufficient overlap, poor image quality, or lack of features to map (which can be caused by the previous two issues, and/or b/c things are moving or squishy, like water or wind-blown foliage).

Care to post your QR from Step 1?
2021-6-15
Use props
Alex-NE.FL.
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 6-15 09:56
How's the overlap? Uncalibrated images in Pix are usually due to insufficient overlap, poor image quality, or lack of features to map (which can be caused by the previous two issues, and/or b/c things are moving or squishy, like water or wind-blown foliage).

Overlap was 75- 85, distortion correction toggled on, 3:2 Sunny, Auto.  I am driving right now but I will gladly post it if it helps. I appreciate the response

2021-6-15
Use props
Alex-NE.FL.
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 6-15 09:56

2021-6-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Alex-NE.FL. Posted at 6-15 10:27
Overlap was 75- 85, distortion correction toggled on, 3:2 Sunny, Auto.  I am driving right now but I will gladly post it if it helps. I appreciate the response

According to P4RTK manual, it is suggested to keep distortion correction disabled if you are gonna post process... try this next time

2021-6-15
Use props
Alex-NE.FL.
lvl.1

United States

Guille_Meinero Posted at 6-15 14:44
According to P4RTK manual, it is suggested to keep distortion correction disabled if you are gonna post process... try this next time

[view_image]

I wasnt planning on Post Processing, ended up having to because step 1 failed. Thanks
2021-6-15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex-NE.FL. Posted at 6-15 15:57
I wasnt planning on Post Processing, ended up having to because step 1 failed. Thanks

by "post process", we (and the manual) mean processing in Pix4D (including Step 1).

I concur, you are better off w/ distortion correction OFF if you are collecting images for mapping.

Was it off for previous flights that processed successfully?
2021-6-15
Use props
Alex-NE.FL.
lvl.1

United States

All previous successful flights had distortion correction toggled on.
2021-6-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Alex-NE.FL. Posted at 6-15 16:25
All previous successful flights had distortion correction toggled on.

yes i noticed that... you`ve been working without problems until now, always with same parameters....

Give a tray working without distortion correction on, it suggested in a lot videos and manuals.

Can you try another software ?
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules