899 12 2021-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andarc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52133 ft
United States

This is the case of the missing image format option:
When I use the DJI Smart Controller with my Air 2s, the format option in the camera sub-menu is mysteriously absent. I am forced to shoot all still photos in Jpeg format. However, if I use the standard controller, the format option allows me to choose Jpeg + Raw.  If I switch back to the Smart Controller, it automatically defaults.

I contacted the DJI help line and sent them screen captures to illustrate the problem. They couldn't resolve it with updates and other attempted fixes, and ultimately suggested I send it in. I detailed the problem and the Smart Controller was repaired at the DJI Cerritos, CA facility. Unfortunately, the problem is unresolved. The format option in the Smart Controller submenu is still "disappeared".

Any one else having this issue, and/or discover a fix? Otherwise I have a Smart Controller as a $750 paperweight.  
2021-6-15
Use props
Matite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I personally have not experienced that but it seems this is not the only bug that the Smart Controller has where you are not able to change certain settings when using it. I recently created a new thread about a similar issue where you cannot change the panorama settings (they are missing) when using the Smart Controller and the Mavic Air 2 drone. No one from DJI replied at all. I even messaged different DJI mods about it and they still ignored the thread.

At least with the panorama settings you can connect a standard controller to a smart phone then change the setting as normal and it remains set when you switch back to the Smart Controller.

My Smart Controller panorama settings bug thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242479
2021-6-15
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matite Posted at 6-15 14:37
I personally have not experienced that but it seems this is not the only bug that the Smart Controller has where you are not able to change certain settings when using it. I recently created a new thread about a similar issue where you cannot change the panorama settings (they are missing) when using the Smart Controller and the Mavic Air 2 drone. No one from DJI replied at all. I even messaged different DJI mods about it and they still ignored the thread.

At least with the panorama settings you can connect a standard controller to a smart phone then change the setting as normal and it remains set when you switch back to the Smart Controller.

DJI has updated the Smart Controller firmware today. I've updated and it has solved some problems I had with Fly 1.4.2. Would suggest you update and see if it solved any of your issues.
2021-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Andarc. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please update the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller for us to know if the issue will still persist. In addition The DJI Smart Controller has a new update. Kindly please refer to this DJI Forum link ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-244679-1-1.html ). Thank you.
2021-6-16
Use props
Andarc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-16 18:50
Hello there Andarc. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please update the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller for us to know if the issue will still persist. In addition The DJI Smart Controller has a new update. Kindly please refer to this DJI Forum link ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-244679-1-1.html ). Thank you.

Hello Stephen, I upgraded to the June 9th firmware for the Smart Controller tonight. The problem persists, there is no format option for camera images when it is connected to the DJI Air 2s.  
2021-6-16
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-16 18:50

Also the damn Custom Mode bug remains.
What the hell, Stephen?
You told me that in next FW will be fixed!
What next FW? The one in year 2040?
Such poor quality of programmers like DJi was never seen... Even Autel fixed their bugs faster...
You just ignore the problems from your devices!!!
2021-6-17
Use props
Andarc
lvl.1
United States

Andarc Posted at 6-16 20:20
Hello Stephen, I upgraded to the June 9th firmware for the Smart Controller tonight. The problem persists, there is no format option for camera images when it is connected to the DJI Air 2s.

Okay - breaking news! After the new update, my Air 2s will now shoot in both Jpeg and Raw via the Smart Controller. However, the format choice is still absent in the camera sub-menu. So it is half fixed, and I am more than half happy.
2021-6-17
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2668422 ft
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 6-16 07:20
DJI has updated the Smart Controller firmware today. I've updated and it has solved some problems I had with Fly 1.4.2. Would suggest you update and see if it solved any of your issues.

did the issue of video feed issue get fixed for air 2s with the latest firmware?
2021-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Raymond_Ca Posted at 6-17 07:06
did the issue of video feed issue get fixed for air 2s with the latest firmware?

Having tested yesterday in some real high winds, For me there is a big improvement with no noticeable lag and no blackouts , and compared against M2P in both HD and smooth and both were excellent .
2021-6-17
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 07:18
Having tested yesterday in some real high winds, For me there is a big improvement with no noticeable lag and no blackouts , and compared against M2P in both HD and smooth and both were excellent .

in the past,  when switching in video mode with 2s, the video feed was just hung. I had to switched back and forth. will test it with latest firmware.
2021-6-17
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Raymond_Ca Posted at 6-17 07:20
in the past,  when switching in video mode with 2s, the video feed was just hung. I had to switched back and forth. will test it with latest firmware.

That is fixed with the latest update...
2021-6-17
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 6-17 07:59
That is fixed with the latest update...

Great! glad  know that! thx.
2021-6-17
Use props
Raymond_Ca
lvl.2
Canada

just tested my SC. seems all of issues existed before are resolved. but  I find new issue which didn't  happen before. seems the right  joystick sometimes got messed up. I pushed forward the drone went high instead went forward.  has anybody experienced similar issue ?
2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules