DJI Mini 2 Release Notes (06/16/2021)
34093 162 2021-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NpGEbMnavEwZ
New
Germany

Hi DJI guys,
After last update of my DJI mini 2 I got the problem with control.  When I started flight the connection was suddenly lost. The drone was not so far from me, less than 5 meters above and distance from the start point was just few steps. The controller was looking directly on the drone and the weather was clear. It was approximately 15 satellites available on the start. It was huge stress.. the situation repeat 3 times.
The only good thing that the drone started return to home procedure right after disconnection.
Please fix!
Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Iryna
2021-6-25
Use props
Micro85
New

Netherlands

Just put the new firmware in the drone and tested it with the Galaxy S21 Ultra. I took off with the DJI Mini 2 and turned on filming, with this firmware version the screen on the Galaxy S21 Ultra no longer freezes, we can now watch live with the camera. I am very happy that this function now works well on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.  
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_bbKS5WBWXHFd
New

United States

Just returned to sender on my mini 2 because rumors saying that new model has 2 features that i wud want.   When is new model going to be for sale?   If not soon i may look into dropping money down for another company.  Any ideas on a release date?? Thanks for the help. Please tell me i made the right choice.  Lol
2021-6-25
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

I was getting tired of the compass calibration. Hope will be less after this
2021-6-26
Use props
ngocanhktvnn
New
Flight distance : 351014 ft
Vietnam

Even s-mod or nomal-mod, cinema mod
Newest Firmwave Dji Mini 226.06.2021

2021-6-26
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 6-18 08:39
One of my three batteries did not update.  Wondering why.  Is it possible the battery fix already existed but it wasn't propagated out ot older batteries which is why one of the three didn't update?

Same for me...two of three updated but not last one. Will retry when I get a chance.
2021-6-26
Use props
stevesrf68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4606358 ft
Canada

Thanks for the update works great
2021-6-26
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
United States

Works fine but have question about battery firmware updates. When I first got my MINI 2 I got the version with 3 batteries. The two spares went through the battery update process but not the third (which was the one that was included). They always worked fine. Now I went to update all 3 and again 2 updated but the third one doesn't show an update needed. I powered everything back down including the cell phone. After bootup it again didn't ask for battery firmware update.
2021-6-26
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
United States

Keith Tweedie Posted at 6-16 10:26
The update deals with the battery issue, I assume the battery used in the update will be updated, how will the other two batteries be updated if you have the fly more package.

I have same question. When I first got my Fly Me More package, two of the batteries went through the firmware update process but not a third battery. I assumed that it already had the update from the factory. All three work fine for7 months I have owned the MINI 2. After the latest update...again two batteries updated but not a third. I saw a couple of other posts here with same question. Is the firmware actually saved in the batteries or does it save in the app on either the cell phone or controller so you don't need to actually install firmware on each battery?

I have tried everything to get the third battery to update firmware but no luck....am I missing something? Or is that battery defective....(other than that failure to update firmware it works fine and has same life cycle as the other two).
2021-6-26
Use props
fans8e299cb6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

Astro Bob Posted at 6-26 12:01
Same for me...two of three updated but not last one. Will retry when I get a chance.

I tried the 3rd battery again and it updated.  Must have been a glitch.
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_OU30Iizq25lA
New

United States

djiuser_LvTCH4xZN3Z7 Posted at 6-16 07:00
How do each of my batteries get updated? Is it done automatically via the drone?

Mine updated while in the drone. For whatever reason, I have to disconnect from my home wifi network and use cellular data to get the automatic updates to work.
2021-6-27
Use props
fairwaydoug
New

United States

I see a lot of people that can not connect the the controller using the iPhone XR, is there a fix for this issue or not?
2021-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_bbKS5WBWXHFd Posted at 6-25 13:26
Just returned to sender on my mini 2 because rumors saying that new model has 2 features that i wud want.   When is new model going to be for sale?   If not soon i may look into dropping money down for another company.  Any ideas on a release date?? Thanks for the help. Please tell me i made the right choice.  Lol

Thew rumour for the new Mini SE goes on sale date is July 15th, although it will be less capable than the mini2.
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sl55kleemann Posted at 6-16 12:20
Same for the -90° & horizon issue due to last update

All new firmware & dji fly update make my mini 2 fly with new bugs...................

I can confirm the -90 degree gimbal is still present in photo mode but fine in video mode.

2021-6-28
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 01:11
I can confirm the -90 degree gimbal is still present in photo mode but fine in video mode.

Same here, still the same issue on -90 and +20. Also in video mode and especially in gusty conditions.

Result for auto discharge after 9 days waiting: no improvement.

Bat1 in charging hub = aprox. 93%
Bat2 not in charging hub = aprox. 93%
Bat3 not in charging but checked at day 7 = approx. 93%
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 6-28 07:00
Same here, still the same issue on -90 and +20. Also in video mode and especially in gusty conditions.

Result for auto discharge after 9 days waiting: no improvement.

I had almost the same battery % levels as you after 9 days.
2021-6-28
Use props
djiuser_B89nZ9bq8b9t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36316 ft
United States

Here is biggest question everyone ask, after the FAA changes in regulations the main sticking point is where do we the consumers stand with Remote ID required with FAA ?  I have asked this question but have not gotten a good response. Don't say DJI is prepared to deal with that. That is not answer. I don't want to add weight to the drone and I don't want to go to school to get a Part 107 just to fly recreationally. So What do you have to say about this DJI. Did I waste my money buying this drone only a week before these changes happened? Will you refund me the money now? When will the Mini 3 come out etc.
2021-6-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_B89nZ9bq8b9t Posted at 6-29 08:00
Here is biggest question everyone ask, after the FAA changes in regulations the main sticking point is where do we the consumers stand with Remote ID required with FAA ?  I have asked this question but have not gotten a good response. Don't say DJI is prepared to deal with that. That is not answer. I don't want to add weight to the drone and I don't want to go to school to get a Part 107 just to fly recreationally. So What do you have to say about this DJI. Did I waste my money buying this drone only a week before these changes happened? Will you refund me the money now? When will the Mini 3 come out etc.

Maybe this video will help a little.  

2021-6-29
Use props
osmowhat
lvl.2
United States

After this update I am having range issues. The RC signal turns yellow / drops and video stutters/lags in places where previous firmware was fine. I did not have any range issues with previous version. Apparently not the only one, saw some posts here and on YouTube about same issue.  Did not fix gimble horizon tilt either, forced to manually adjust. It fixed battery discharge issue at the cost of reduced range. Buggy firmware. Thanks DJI.  I don’t want to be a beta tester for your bugs.  
2021-6-30
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

The Smart Controller is finally compatible!
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_AkEJCIGuBstp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19741 ft
United States

macik Posted at 6-21 13:02
I performed the update and wanted to update the remaining batteries I have. I am asked to update, but when I tap the "Update" button, it shows a turning circle for a while as if the update is taking place, but then it turns back to "Update"...  Any suggestions?

Aircraft firmware: 01.03.0000
Hello,
I have been having the same problem! The drone and the first battery went ok, but with the second and third battery it will tell me I need to update. It gets me to the update button but then spins and goes back to update. I have tried it on different days, but same issue.
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_NpGEbMnavEwZ Posted at 6-25 00:45
Hi DJI guys,
After last update of my DJI mini 2 I got the problem with control.  When I started flight the connection was suddenly lost. The drone was not so far from me, less than 5 meters above and distance from the start point was just few steps. The controller was looking directly on the drone and the weather was clear. It was approximately 15 satellites available on the start. It was huge stress.. the situation repeat 3 times.
The only good thing that the drone started return to home procedure right after disconnection.

Its probably a glitch in the new update
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_NpGEbMnavEwZ Posted at 6-25 00:45
Hi DJI guys,
After last update of my DJI mini 2 I got the problem with control.  When I started flight the connection was suddenly lost. The drone was not so far from me, less than 5 meters above and distance from the start point was just few steps. The controller was looking directly on the drone and the weather was clear. It was approximately 15 satellites available on the start. It was huge stress.. the situation repeat 3 times.
The only good thing that the drone started return to home procedure right after disconnection.

Its probably a glitch in the new update
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Micro85 Posted at 6-25 01:24
Just put the new firmware in the drone and tested it with the Galaxy S21 Ultra. I took off with the DJI Mini 2 and turned on filming, with this firmware version the screen on the Galaxy S21 Ultra no longer freezes, we can now watch live with the camera. I am very happy that this function now works well on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

That's good news!
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just returned to sender on my mini 2 because rumors saying that new model has 2 features that i wud want.   When is new model going to be for sale?   If not soon i may look into dropping money down for another company.  Any ideas on a release date?? Thanks for the help. Please tell me i made the right choice.  Lol

Okay so *IF* and only *IF* DJI decides to make a DJI Mini 3/Mini 2S, it would probably be released in August to rival Hubsan Zino Mini Pro or it will be in November since that's when the Mavic Mini and the Mini 2 were released.
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Okay so *IF* and only *IF* DJI decides to make a DJI Mini 3/Mini 2S, it would probably be released in August to rival Hubsan Zino Mini Pro or it will be in November since that's when the Mavic Mini and the Mini 2 were released.
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Selian Seeni Posted at 6-26 00:10
I was getting tired of the compass calibration. Hope will be less after this

Same, it takes a bit too long
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ngocanhktvnn Posted at 6-26 04:17
[view_image]
Even s-mod or nomal-mod, cinema mod
Newest Firmwave Dji Mini 226.06.2021

I don't know what the problem might be
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Astro Bob Posted at 6-26 12:01
Same for me...two of three updated but not last one. Will retry when I get a chance.

Probably a glitch in the software
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Astro Bob Posted at 6-26 12:59
Works fine but have question about battery firmware updates. When I first got my MINI 2 I got the version with 3 batteries. The two spares went through the battery update process but not the third (which was the one that was included). They always worked fine. Now I went to update all 3 and again 2 updated but the third one doesn't show an update needed. I powered everything back down including the cell phone. After bootup it again didn't ask for battery firmware update.

Have you tried contacting DJI Customer Support?
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Astro Bob Posted at 6-26 13:09
I have same question. When I first got my Fly Me More package, two of the batteries went through the firmware update process but not a third battery. I assumed that it already had the update from the factory. All three work fine for7 months I have owned the MINI 2. After the latest update...again two batteries updated but not a third. I saw a couple of other posts here with same question. Is the firmware actually saved in the batteries or does it save in the app on either the cell phone or controller so you don't need to actually install firmware on each battery?

I have tried everything to get the third battery to update firmware but no luck....am I missing something? Or is that battery defective....(other than that failure to update firmware it works fine and has same life cycle as the other two).

It might be a glitch
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 00:57
Thew rumour for the new Mini SE goes on sale date is July 15th, although it will be less capable than the mini2.

The Mini SE is only available in select countries where drone use is still emerging
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 00:57
Thew rumour for the new Mini SE goes on sale date is July 15th, although it will be less capable than the mini2.

The Mini SE is only available in select countries where drone use is still emerging
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

osmowhat Posted at 6-30 10:50
After this update I am having range issues. The RC signal turns yellow / drops and video stutters/lags in places where previous firmware was fine. I did not have any range issues with previous version. Apparently not the only one, saw some posts here and on YouTube about same issue.  Did not fix gimble horizon tilt either, forced to manually adjust. It fixed battery discharge issue at the cost of reduced range. Buggy firmware. Thanks DJI.  I don’t want to be a beta tester for your bugs.

A lot of people are apparently
2021-7-6
Use props
moscat
lvl.1
Spain

What if I need to temporarily avoid batteries auto-discharge because  I’m on a Safari in Africa without any charging options and would like to keep batteries as full as possible? Before I could leave them on the hub for that but now?
2021-7-6
Use props
macik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251043 ft
Czechia

djiuser_AkEJCIGuBstp Posted at 7-6 02:05
Hello,
I have been having the same problem! The drone and the first battery went ok, but with the second and third battery it will tell me I need to update. It gets me to the update button but then spins and goes back to update. I have tried it on different days, but same issue.

I tried to use my iPad instead of my iPhone to rule out the app - it didn't work. I tried to use mobile data instead of wifi connection - it didn't work. I tried to update using DJI Assistant 2, it didn't work (while updating the RC did work)... And so on and so on...

So I took the drone + batteries + RC and gave it to the shop where I purchased it - they do servicing as well.

The result: they had to update the batteries in another Mini 2, they couldn't make the update work with my Mini 2.
2021-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-6 08:07
The Mini SE is only available in select countries where drone use is still emerging

Yep,  thats the joys of waiting on rumours.
2021-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-6 08:07
The Mini SE is only available in select countries where drone use is still emerging

Double post?
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_Ak8y7WcX4eS7
New
Flight distance : 434081 ft
Ukraine

Hey!  where can i buy motherboard for mini 2? non-warranty case. the service center refused to supply the main board
2021-7-7
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sorry fort that
2021-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules