DJI Smart Controller Release Notes (06/16/2021)
7853 56 2021-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CLMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Great to have the SC support the Mini 2. The update went through smoothly. Thanks, DJI!
2021-6-18
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Upgraded the firmware of the SC, upgraded firmware of the Mini2. Installed latest version Fly 1.4.4

Had my testflight today, because heavy rain yesterday. The mini 2 flew wonderfull with the SC.  Signal was very good.
Thank you DJI.

Only one thing. Switching in aircraft managment from Mini 2 to my M2P went fluently. Switching from M2P to Mini 2 in aircraft management needed to add again the Mini 2 to re-link. Even without shutting down the mini 2, the SC didn't recognize the aircraft.

2021-6-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is amazing news. been waiting for more profiles to be added. This will make it even more flyable and enjoyable.
2021-6-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 6-17 13:37
Just came back from a test flight of the Mini2 with Smart Controller. Yes, only one flight because it was very cold outside. Did this test flight at a known WiFi polluted location, and did not notice any weak signal or video lag for the whole flight, even at 2km away. Unlike the stock RC, the Smart Controller 'feels' a little less like a toy remote. The experience is AWESOME, so far...

Good to here and thanks for reporting back. Will be pulling the trigger soon myself.
2021-6-18
Use props
Bunnybasheruk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i'm grateful that DJI have released the firmware so i can now fly a mini 2 I'm poised to purchase & fly using my smart controller. However, with the imminent release of the mini 3 / 2S, how long will i have to wait to be able to use my smart controller with it ? See my dilemma ?
2021-6-20
Use props
lsarribanca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614485 ft
Angola

Why DJI Fly App on Smart Controller have not Portuguese language but same App on IOS and Android Phones/Tablets have?
2021-6-21
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

STILL can't use Custom Stick Mode with the included Fly App 1.4.2 nor with version 1.4.4 that was just release.

DJI PLEASE FIX THIS.  It has been months, and months.
2021-6-21
Use props
dwillis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1613642 ft
United States

I've updated to the latest version but my Smart Controller is still practically unusable while recording video because the lag is so bad. I'm flying the MA2 (not the 2S). I recorded the screen:

What's wrong with it?
2021-6-24
Use props
kievryan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2239278 ft
United States

dwillis Posted at 6-24 05:53
I've updated to the latest version but my Smart Controller is still practically unusable while recording video because the lag is so bad. I'm flying the MA2 (not the 2S). I recorded the screen: https://youtu.be/bJk1xKkK7F4

What's wrong with it?

I have same exact problem sometimes.
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_Ob1ttux4oAFe
New

United States

My download attempt has gone to 99% and then fails. I’ve retried 6 or 8 times. No success.

Update: I finally got a successful update of the latest software. Turns out the controller would go into sleep mode ( turn off) after 5 mins. I increased the sleep time to 30 mins and ran the update.
Success!!!!
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_aZ3md4OyiAuu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1146519 ft
  • >>>
United States

How can you call the air 2S compatible with the smart controller when the smart controller lags so hard that it is dangerous to fly with the smart controller, in my opinion that's not compatible.. It's like buying a used car and turning the steering wheel Halfway to the left before it engages and turns left.  Luckily it crashed in front of me . It's very dangerous
2021-7-4
Use props
djiuser_aZ3md4OyiAuu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1146519 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also it won't be covered because I didn't buy any warranties or anything because I've been flying for many years and maybe I should have bought an aftermarket plan or  DJI carry fresh. The smart controller is definitely not compatible with the air 2S . Yes you can take off And fly it but when you hit the controls you do not know how long it's gonna lag for and is seriously very dangerous not compatible . I have 6DJI drones And the reason I bought the air to S is because DJI said it was compatible. Do not attempt to fly the air 2S with the smart controller , Or go ahead and try it and crash your drone.
2021-7-4
Use props
MaxP4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have been using the Smart Controller regularly with the Air 2S since the day of release and I have no problems.
2021-7-5
Use props
lsarribanca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614485 ft
Angola

This weekend did some flights with 1.4.8 (1120) DJI Fly App on SC and add no problems. Switching from Air 2S to Mini 2 and vice-versa with no issues at all. Just didn’t get the obstacle advice info on the new atitude indicator on Air 2S. Only works on IOS ? Just one more note, when switch aircraft need to check Fly App configurations.
2021-7-5
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI!
2021-7-6
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI!
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_JgwxUNF8Q1RG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204623 ft
United Kingdom

I am trying to buy a Smart Controller but EVERYWHERE is out of stock. Is there a new version coming?
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules