7759 29 2021-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With Mini 2 Firmware v01.03.0000 how many days now have to pass before the batteries start to discharge? And to what % level will they drop to?
2021-6-16
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

should still be 72%. they do drop to that level currently before the firmware after 8 days of being outside the charge hub
2021-6-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Switch639 Posted at 6-16 02:31
should still be 72%. they do drop to that level currently before the firmware after 8 days of being outside the charge hub

Mine were NOT auto discharging at all prior to the new firmware update.  
2021-6-16
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

I will update mine today as well and see... is it suppose to with new Firmware also discharge in charging hub? or should it still be outside the hub?
because mine has always discharged out of hub
2021-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-16 04:08
Mine were NOT auto discharging at all prior to the new firmware update.

I have two batteries that don’t discharge at all and one that will drop to about 93% after 5 days.
2021-6-16
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated and flew with my iPhone 8+ an iPad 7 with no issue.  I was prompted to update each battery as well.  I did receive a recalibrate msg while indoors, but it went away after going outdoor.  Also saw a msg flash on, then off “Bind with controller” with the iPhone.

2021-6-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I enclose a list of changes.
2021-6-16
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

manual says it should drop to 96% after 24hrs.... i'll test mine later plugged into the hub and report back

2021-6-16
Use props
peter_h
lvl.1
United Kingdom

IrishD Posted at 6-16 11:03
manual says it should drop to 96% after 24hrs.... i'll test mine later plugged into the hub and report back

You need to start up the system (aircraft, controller and app) with a battery installed and see if you get an 'update battery firmware' message in the app.  If you see it, go ahead and update.  If you don't, start again with a different battery.
2021-6-16
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

i tried with all my batteries, didn't get an update for the battery ???
2021-6-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Switch639 Posted at 6-16 21:29
i tried with all my batteries, didn't get an update for the battery ???
same here.

Update of the mini2 and also sc went well. Everything working fine. But when I insert one of the batteries and restart everything, I don't get the notice to update batteries like I normally get.

update: I started the mini 2 first, something I normally don't do, then controller and then Fly app. In that sequence I got the notification at last. Had to power down everything and do the same sequence for my 3rd battery.
2021-6-16
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

JohnDG Posted at 6-16 22:13
same here.

Update of the mini2 and also sc went well. Everything working fine. But when I insert one of the batteries and restart everything, I don't get the notice to update batteries like I normally get.

Ill give it a shot in that order
2021-6-16
Use props
djiuser_9l76fQ86GDhp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49252 ft
Italy

JohnDG Posted at 6-16 22:13
same here.

Update of the mini2 and also sc went well. Everything working fine. But when I insert one of the batteries and restart everything, I don't get the notice to update batteries like I normally get.

Hi did you use Android or Ios? I have an Android device and I updeted only the first of three batteries, I did not have the message of update for the second and third ... also with yr method
2021-6-17
Use props
djiuser_yztzXdi2mALM
New

United Kingdom

I didn't get a "battery firmware update" notification.  Just a "Firmware update" prompt each time I started the Mini2 up with a new battery.  Let each update complete and now assuming all the batteries are updated and can sit in the battery hub!
2021-6-17
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

djiuser_9l76fQ86GDhp Posted at 6-17 01:09
Hi did you use Android or Ios? I have an Android device and I updeted only the first of three batteries, I did not have the message of update for the second and third ... also with yr method
Android 11 smart phone. Be sure everything is shutdown first, controller and drone. Exit the Fly app by using "close all" apps on your phone. The app may not run in background.

It didn't update 2nd and 3rd battery after the update. For safety reasons I always start the controller and then the drone.

I thought I give it a try, to let the drone startup followed by the controller, then the app.
For the 3rd battery had to power down everything and start all over the sequence.
2021-6-17
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

My drone has shutdown after the firmware update. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the drone shutting down a sign that not just the drone firmware has updated but also that the battery frimware has updated ? Does it usually shutdown during a firmware update that doesn't include a battery update?
2021-6-17
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

the drone auto shutdown for me after each update, the main drone firmware and then after each battery. (I completely shut down RC, app and drone between each battery swap)

also when the drone starts and it switches to live view, I had to come back out of that to the Fly app main page to see the update prompt
2021-6-17
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

JohnDG Posted at 6-17 05:45
Android 11 smart phone. Be sure everything is shutdown first, controller and drone. Exit the Fly app by using "close all" apps on your phone. The app may not run in background.

It didn't update 2nd and 3rd battery after the update. For safety reasons I always start the controller and then the drone.

I had to also reboot my phone for the app to realise a change I guess, afterwhich i was able to install the Firmware on the remaining 2 batteries... looks like the first battery was done together with the initial firmware update for the drone simultaniously? because i dont get a promt with this battery at all
2021-6-17
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Switch639 Posted at 6-17 20:06
I had to also reboot my phone for the app to realise a change I guess, afterwhich i was able to install the Firmware on the remaining 2 batteries... looks like the first battery was done together with the initial firmware update for the drone simultaniously? because i dont get a promt with this battery at all

Hi Switch639,

correct ! The battery which was in the drone at the moment of the firmware upgrade is also upgraded at that time. Just the ones that were not in the drone need to be upgraded afterwarts.

Good you could upgrade them succesfully.
2021-6-17
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Yip last night inserted the remaining two batteries and the firmware updated with the drone powering off after updating (android 11)
2021-6-17
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

JohnDG Posted at 6-17 21:10
Hi Switch639,

correct ! The battery which was in the drone at the moment of the firmware upgrade is also upgraded at that time. Just the ones that were not in the drone need to be upgraded afterwarts.

allright now just to see if it works
2021-6-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch639 Posted at 6-16 02:31

Mine never dropped charge at all regardless of where they were stored.
2021-6-17
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 6-17 23:46
Mine never dropped charge at all regardless of where they were stored.

Hi DAFlys,

my batteries dropped charge, but only when not connected to the charger. I've turned them around the other way so the had no connection.

I stored mine now, connected into the charger. Let's see if they will loose charge being connected.
2021-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 6-18 00:20
Hi DAFlys,

my batteries dropped charge, but only when not connected to the charger. I've turned them around the other way so the had no connection.

Curious, how some of them are doing different things.
2021-6-18
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 00:28
Curious, how some of them are doing different things.

Mine started to discharge from last firmware update. But only disconnected. I noticed some people still had problems even after that update.

Wondering if your batteries will react differently from mine with this latest update too.
2021-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 6-18 00:40
Mine started to discharge from last firmware update. But only disconnected. I noticed some people still had problems even after that update.

Wondering if your batteries will react differently from mine with this latest update too.

Mine are all updated, so I will not use one of the batteries and check it after 7 days and see what its done,  Its in the hub at the moment too.
2021-6-18
Use props
Vanja Dj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128009 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello All,

I just want to confirm one thing.

If i charge my batteries to 100% and then leave them in hub, are they going to discharge?  And if they are going to how much discharge will be after 24h and after a week? Did anyone test this and leave them in HUB?

I need this since i am charging my batteries now to test them and i need some data to compare the results. ( i am planing to leave 1 battery inside the hub and I`l take 2 out of hub)

Looking forward to anyone's answer.

And FYI i did update all 3 batteries to new firmware 01.03.0000.

Best regards.
2021-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vanja Dj Posted at 6-18 09:32
Hello All,

I just want to confirm one thing.

I think thats what were waiting to find out for sure.   like you Im keeping one battery in the hub and will check it in 7 days.
2021-6-19
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

FCC DH-companion hack still works with new fw
2021-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain