Skin to deter Birds
1642 5 2021-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antulo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90988 ft
United Kingdom

So since my drone had an incident with a bird, I was wondering if there would be a way to deter birds, and people have suggested reflectors / lights / skins. I'm oderfed the following 2 skins, with each seller saying the colours used are (amongst other things) aimed to deter birds from going for the drone. Which would you recommend ?

Black wth flouresecent red

Psychedelic Colour Changing

(Yes I realize second one shows controller for Mini 1)
2021-6-16
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not use black unless you operate in a cold environment. Black will absorb the sunlight and cause elevated heat inside. Might be ok in the UK though. Whatever you use, don't make it like a camouflage  that would hide your drone when lost,
2021-6-16
Use props
Antulo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90988 ft
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 6-16 13:13
I would not use black unless you operate in a cold environment. Black will absorb the sunlight and cause elevated heat inside. Might be ok in the UK though. Whatever you use, don't make it like a camouflage  that would hide your drone when lost,

Thanks for the advice. Good point about black colouring and heat. It can get plenty hot in the UK, trust me :-) (on the days that it's not raining or overcast LOL )

I think I'll go for the colour changing one then.
2021-6-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've ordered the following 2 skins, with each seller saying the colours used are (amongst other things) aimed to deter birds from going for the drone.

It's not that simple and your skin sellers have no idea what might or might not deter birds.
I'd be very skeptical of any claims they are making.

Different birds might attack your drone for different and complex reasons.
What might work for one species in one situation, isn't going to work for all species in all situations.
Colours and patterns probably have no effect or little effect
2021-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Antulo. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have used these drone skins can give out the best information with regards to this matter. Just a friendly reminder to place the said sticker on your DJI Mini 2 on a location where in it will not interfere with the air-vents of the said drone to prevent overheating or any issue while flying your DJI Mini 2. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool skins.   
2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now