Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ADS-B SPECS
1372 15 2021-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello DJI
Does anyone knows what is the max range and height that ADSB working?
How far away can it sense airplanes?
And at what height from Air 2S?
2021-6-16
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

AirSense can detect airplanes and helicopters from miles away, farther than a drone pilot can hear or see them, and displays their locations on the screen of the pilot’s remote controller. It has previously been available only on some professional-grade DJI drones.
2021-6-16
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Airsense = ADS-B : From DJI
DJI News
2021-6-16
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

videoeditman Posted at 6-16 07:55
Airsense = ADS-B : From DJI
DJI News

It does not say how far or at what height
2021-6-16
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

ADS-B range is dependent on many factors including line of sight, aircraft altitude and terrain. As such here is the what the ADS-B specs call for...

Air-to-Air: 170 - 200 nautical miles (270 - 320 Km)
Air-to-Ground: 180 nautical miles (288 Km) for high altitude targets

2021-6-16
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

RobZilla Posted at 6-16 08:17
ADS-B range is dependent on many factors including line of sight, aircraft altitude and terrain. As such here is the what the ADS-B specs call for...

Air-to-Air: 170 - 200 nautical miles (270 - 320 Km)

Ok I have Dji fly on map on and an aircraft is passing next to me at  8000meters and I see no plane on map or a warning. So it is not working or thplane must be much closer or lower at height to see it?
2021-6-16
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 6-16 08:30
Ok I have Dji fly on map on and an aircraft is passing next to me at  8000meters and I see no plane on map or a warning. So it is not working or thplane must be much closer or lower at height to see it?

Have you turned it on its off by default, its in the safety menu under advanced.  mine only tends to alert me to aircraft that are low ish within a few thousand feet it does not alert of aircraft at cruise altitude that are never going to be near to the drone.
2021-6-16
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-16 08:49
Have you turned it on its off by default, its in the safety menu under advanced.  mine only tends to alert me to aircraft that are low ish within a few thousand feet it does not alert of aircraft at cruise altitude that are never going to be near to the drone.

Yes its on. So maybe the big height over 5000meters is the problem.
2021-6-16
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 6-16 08:30
Ok I have Dji fly on map on and an aircraft is passing next to me at  8000meters and I see no plane on map or a warning. So it is not working or thplane must be much closer or lower at height to see it?

Not all aircraft are ADS-B compliant especially older models. From my experience here in the US its about 80-90% you'll get the ADS-B/Airsense notification. A few smaller planes like DIY kits and some helicopters I don't see it but luckily I can hear it first then view it within sight at some range.

2021-6-16
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So here's an example screenshot from this older thread I posted when I received a caution warning to an aircraft approaching message =>
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 955&pid=2467347

Hope this helps. The 'aircraft approaching' was quite close actually and luckily I lowered the A2S as the plane few over about 1100 feet and I was at the max 400 feet. You can see both the drone and the aircraft's path converging.

2021-6-16
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

One day I received 3 warnings for aircraft, I live not to far from a small airport. I don't know the height these planes were at. I would guess 1000-2000' range. The airplanes from the larger airport, higher altitude did not appear as a warning.
2021-6-16
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

videoeditman Posted at 6-16 10:15
One day I received 3 warnings for aircraft, I live not to far from a small airport. I don't know the height these planes were at. I would guess 1000-2000' range. The airplanes from the larger airport, higher altitude did not appear as a warning.

Probably thats why they dont appear in the screen
2021-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can use Flightradar24 to check if they are broadcasting ADS-B.
2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Niknik. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.
2021-6-17
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-17 01:56
Hello there Niknik. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.

DJI Stephen I know all that. But what I dont know is what nearby means. How far from the drone the warning appears and at what height and below?
2021-6-17
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Not many planes in my area are using ADS-B yet, I only saw the warning twice though I did a few hundreds of flights (probably the same plane that just came back, because those two alarms where on the same day). I have it on low collision to maximize the prompts.

From the time I saw it it warned me about 5Km or so in advance, I had plenty of time to maneuver, descend a bit and even find the plane in the video feed.
2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules