under canopy mounting
361 2 2021-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gunrunner
lvl.1

United States

I have a DJI Digital HD FPV Air Unit that I'm going to stuff into my Dynam PBY Catalina. I'm not sure if you're familiar with this airplane, but the front hatch has an upper canopy made of thin plastic which is intended to be glued on.  I'm going to mount both the camera, through the center of the windscreen,  and  Air Unit suspended up high under the canopy and use screws instead of glue for access. (It's a sea plane, right.)

I would be grateful if you could give me any info on the following:

1. What would be the best way to power the Air Unit? I've heard it should be regulated to prevent power spikes. Is that an issue?

2. I've heard the antennas on the Air Unit have a right and left orientation and should not be swapped left to right. Is that true?

3. I understand the Air Unit gives off a lot of heat. I was thinking of using a small fan under the Air Unit with a drain and a vent at the back of the canopy. Do you think this would do the trick?
2021-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there gunrunner. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who had done this process can give out the best information with regards to these inquiries. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-6-17
Use props
gunrunner
lvl.1

United States

Same here. I'm hoping someone has done this because it seems like a good mod.
2021-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules