Unable to render DLOG/10-bit in Premiere
3415 8 2021-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Got my Air 2s yesterday and was very excited to see the DLOG footage.After colour grading a short clip I exported it to H.265 format but the output file just shows the first frame.
Tried H.264, Quicktime and loads of different settings but the output file remains the same. It's first time I've edited a 5.6k/10-bit/150mbit file, so assume it has something to do with the high quality source file. After playing around with it for 3 hours I give up.
Anyone had the same issue and what is the workaround?
2021-6-16
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I have the same issue. There's a thread on Adobe community where you might find your answer. My temp solution for now was to just use Premiere 2020 and not the 2021 version.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/p ... -p/12117579#M352546

2021-6-16
Use props
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RobZilla Posted at 6-16 15:54
Yes I have the same issue. There's a thread on Adobe community where you might find your answer. My temp solution for now was to just use Premiere 2020 and not the 2021 version.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/new-dji-air2s-footage-exports-as-still-images-only/m-p/12117579#M352546

oh, thanks! Amazing Adobe managed to screw this up and can't be bothered to fix it since May.
2021-6-16
Use props
innoma
lvl.3
United States

I had this exactly same problem as well, and it drove me crazy. What eventually worked for me is, when exporting the files in Premiere 2021, add the project to the Render Queue instead of directly exporting them. For whatever reason, the projects render correctly and don't get stuck on the first frame of each clip.
2021-6-17
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

innoma Posted at 6-17 05:45
I had this exactly same problem as well, and it drove me crazy. What eventually worked for me is, when exporting the files in Premiere 2021, add the project to the Render Queue instead of directly exporting them. For whatever reason, the projects render correctly and don't get stuck on the first frame of each clip.

Interesting, I thought I tried that and same results. Will give this a go again. Thanks!

Either way, Adobe still has not addressed the issue.
2021-6-17
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

innoma Posted at 6-17 05:45
I had this exactly same problem as well, and it drove me crazy. What eventually worked for me is, when exporting the files in Premiere 2021, add the project to the Render Queue instead of directly exporting them. For whatever reason, the projects render correctly and don't get stuck on the first frame of each clip.

Gave it a go on adding the project to the Queue so that Media Encoder can handle it...works great, Thank you!!!  I should've did this earlier as I do at least 2 projects and this was more efficient as well.

Thank you again innoma!
2021-6-21
Use props
innoma
lvl.3
United States

RobZilla Posted at 6-21 12:50
Gave it a go on adding the project to the Queue so that Media Encoder can handle it...works great, Thank you!!!  I should've did this earlier as I do at least 2 projects and this was more efficient as well.

Thank you again innoma!

Glad it worked out! It's also nice to be able to provide an answer for a change instead of always being the one to ask questions.
2021-6-22
Use props
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

much appreciated, thank you!!!
2021-6-22
Use props
djiuser_703DmkV4P9sL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2155571 ft
United States

innoma Posted at 2021-6-17 05:45
I had this exactly same problem as well, and it drove me crazy. What eventually worked for me is, when exporting the files in Premiere 2021, add the project to the Render Queue instead of directly exporting them. For whatever reason, the projects render correctly and don't get stuck on the first frame of each clip.

You rock! Just started using premier pro this week and was getting frustrated with exporting with dlog and the video coming out choppy. Putting in render queue worked perfect. Thanks!
2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules