4896 19 2021-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136089 ft
Portugal

Good morning everybody

I have a DJI Mavic Mini bought about 10 months ago and it works very well, however I intend to use it with a Tablet and I bought a support and cables with 20 and 30cm receptively.
However with these cables I can't have connectivity between my smartphone and the Remote Control (RC) at first I thought it was the cables because they were not original, however I tested it on another DJI Mavic Mini bought at the same store about 9 months ago and the cables work on this without problems.

I checked the firmware versions and they are the same, on my RC with the original cables it works without problems with the non-original ones it doesn't make the connection between the smartphone and the RC.

I tested my smartphone on the remote control of another Drone with non-original cables and it worked without a problem so I intend the problem will be with my Remote Control.

Has anyone had or heard of the same problem?
There is a solution to this problem.

Thanks

New cable 1.png
new cable 2.png
original cable 1.png
original cable 2.png
2021-6-17
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Even though standard micro USB cables fit into controller and are able to charge it, they tend to loose data connection because controller has non standard rectangular connector. Best way to establish a secure connection is to use original cable and then some kind of adapter/extender for USB C or micro USB.
2021-6-17
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Portugal

Tuxtard Posted at 6-17 04:03
Even though standard micro USB cables fit into controller and are able to charge it, they tend to loose data connection because controller has non standard rectangular connector. Best way to establish a secure connection is to use original cable and then some kind of adapter/extender for USB C or micro USB.

hello thanks for the reply
Certainly the problem will not be this, because I have tested the cables in other Drone DJI Mavic Mini and these always work without problems.
In mine the OTG adapters don't work either and I know that in others they work, so once again the problem must be some incompatibility of my RC.
Thanks
2021-6-17
Use props
fans031ff210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16270 ft

Singapore

I had the same problem, but solved it using this setup.
E7F82D2A-E0AC-4EAD-BAD9-7674E9D8C6FE.jpeg
2021-6-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of my Mini remotes had an intermittent socket and I had to replace the connector board, not expensive at $7 and easy to do. Cheaper than the postage to do a refresh on it and no copayment.
2021-6-17
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

fans031ff210 Posted at 6-17 11:16
I had the same problem, but solved it using this setup.[Image]

That's what I had in mind.
2021-6-17
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 6-17 14:49
One of my Mini remotes had an intermittent socket and I had to replace the connector board, not expensive at $7 and easy to do. Cheaper than the postage to do a refresh on it and no copayment.

Good Morning
Thanks for the answer, but that's not my problem, the plug is in good condition, my RC works very well without a problem, just not with non-original cables!
Tested with multiple smartphones.
2021-6-21
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Portugal

Tuxtard Posted at 6-17 22:00
That's what I had in mind.

Pois Thanks
Yeah, but this is not the solution I'm looking for, I intend to understand what the real problem is, because mine doesn't accept non-original cables and in other RC from other Mavic mini Drones they work!
Pictures of my non-original cables that work on other DJI Mavic minis.
2021-6-21
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Think about what you are saying. If the cables work elsewhere, then the socket (not plug) is more likely the problem. Aftermarket cables may fit slightly different and have shorter pins than the original ones. I use aftermarket cables on all my remotes, Mini (2), MA2, Mini 2, and M2P. No problems with any now.
2021-6-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JsCoelho83 Posted at 6-21 07:17
Good Morning
Thanks for the answer, but that's not my problem, the plug is in good condition, my RC works very well without a problem, just not with non-original cables!
Tested with multiple smartphones.

the plug is in good condition, my RC works very well without a problem, just not with non-original cables!
There's nothing special about the cables supplied with the drone.
Just try some different ones from a different source.
2021-6-22
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Portugal

Labroides Posted at 6-22 00:51
the plug is in good condition, my RC works very well without a problem, just not with non-original cables!
There's nothing special about the cables supplied with the drone.
Just try some different ones from a different source.

Good Morning
Thanks again for the reply.
The cables I have are from two different stores and the problem is the same.
With the originals even from another Drone it works
Thanks
2021-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JsCoelho83 Posted at 6-22 01:21
Good Morning
Thanks again for the reply.
The cables I have are from two different stores and the problem is the same.

So out of the thousands of 3rd party cords available, you've tested two which gave you problems.
That sounds pretty conclusive.
Go and get a different cable or two and try those.
2021-6-22
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I have longer cables that I use with my Mini because I use a tablet holder.
Here is the longer cable I use with my phone (which uses a USB C connector):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here is the one I use with my tablet (which has a micro-USB connector):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2021-6-22
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Portugal

Labroides Posted at 6-22 05:00
So out of the thousands of 3rd party cords available, you've tested two which gave you problems.
That sounds pretty conclusive.
Go and get a different cable or two and try those.

Thanks
Sure there are thousands of references, I chose these 2 cables based on stores with many sales and after analyzing the feedback to the articles given by buyers.
I also tested a third one an OTG adapter from microUSB to USB and it didn't work either.
As this worked fine on another RC I think the problem can only be on my RC.
I would like to know if I am the only one with this problem and if there is any solution.
2021-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JsCoelho83 Posted at 6-22 09:09
Thanks
Sure there are thousands of references, I chose these 2 cables based on stores with many sales and after analyzing the feedback to the articles given by buyers.
I also tested a third one an OTG adapter from microUSB to USB and it didn't work either.

I would like to know if I am the only one with this problem and if there is any solution.
Yes, you are.
Instead of fooling yourself that there's something special and non-standard about the DJI-supplied cables, the solution is to get a different cable that works.
2021-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JsCoelho83 Posted at 6-22 09:09
Thanks

"As this worked fine on another RC I think the problem can only be on my RC."

It's possible. That was my experience. Try another mfg's cable and see if that works. And yes there can be subtle differences in cables, even from DJI. I'm a retired electrical test engineer who has troubleshot hundreds of systems to the component level in my younger years, but why trust me ;-)
2021-6-22
Use props
fans031ff210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16270 ft

Singapore

As I posted above, I had the same problem.  Tried numerous OTG cables (probably 5 or 6) from different manufacturers, but no joy.  This set-up (original DJI cable with lightning extension cable) worked

AC874745-42DE-442F-ACDE-6A0BC5F926A4.jpeg
2021-6-22
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Portugal

fans031ff210 Posted at 6-22 20:40
As I posted above, I had the same problem.  Tried numerous OTG cables (probably 5 or 6) from different manufacturers, but no joy.  This set-up (original DJI cable with lightning extension cable) worked

Thanks again for your availability.
I'm going to buy a USB type C to USB type C extension for now so that I can use my original cable, I hope it solves.
I believe it will work, but it will remain unexplained why the other cables don't work on my RC.

I'm going to buy this one coming from Spain to be faster for Portugal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... 3c00qEv9rd&mp=1

Thanks
2021-6-23
Use props
JsCoelho83
lvl.1
Portugal

Good Morning
Thanks again for your attention, I apologize for the delay in replying.
Thanks in advance to my friend fans031ff210 for the tip and to all the others who contributed with their tips, I bought the cable that we can see in the image, with this I solved the problem.
Although not the intended solution, but for now solved.
The question remains, however, why non-original cables don't work on my DJI Mavic mini's RC!

Have a good day
Thank you very much
2021-10-11
Use props
dziedrius
New
Flight distance : 600240 ft
Lithuania

I have very same situation.
Bought DroneMask 2 and it included USB C cable together with USB C to micro USB adapter. Tested this setup with two phones and several cables - it does not work. Complained to DroneMask, they gave back some money and recommended another adapter - bought the one they recommended - again no luck.
I haven't touched the port on receiver since I bought it, so I don't think it is loose or smth. My guess is that it is something about adapters not being compatible with receiver port, which is strange though and I would expected DroneMask support to know this problem, as all their clients need longer cables, may be not all face issues though.
I'm thinking about getting extension for original cable, but others saying that it is about defective port or cable I think are not right.
2023-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules