I FIXED IT :)
803 15 2021-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick Weiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2045906 ft
United States

the heatsink was touching the solder joints which messed the engines up causing the propulsion error.
Honestly I'd try and fix your own stuff before you rely on a 3rd party. This drone is pretty simple when it comes down to it...

minus the 20 diffrent types of screws...that's pretty crappy.

either way keeping it real over here.
2021-6-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep, I hear you... The only option is to just not to crash it - it's definitely not user-serviceable if anything happens to it.

When I do things where the risk of a crash is more than about zero, I fly my Betaflight quads instead...
2021-6-17
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

Seems to me this drone fits a very niche market.  For menthe thoughts all theme and energy to build and learn to fly FPV is to high for old timers like myself. This is not a racer, it is not an accro, and it s a closed platform.   Seems you would be better suited with one of the Betaflight Quads.
2021-6-17
Use props
Nick Weiss
lvl.2
United States

luciens Posted at 6-17 08:47
Yep, I hear you... The only option is to just not to crash it - it's definitely not user-serviceable if anything happens to it.

When I do things where the risk of a crash is more than about zero, I fly my Betaflight quads instead...

See that's what I thought too. But the natural way of flying FPV is going low, or doing things that are exciting...exciting flying mistakes will happen. I have a couple other FPV drones I use with my V2 googles and crash those a good amount and much worse then this..

either way yes no crashing is how it's meant to be...unfortunately EVERYONE crashes eventually no matter how great you are....and then you are back to square 1
2021-6-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nick Weiss Posted at 6-17 10:38
See that's what I thought too. But the natural way of flying FPV is going low, or doing things that are exciting...exciting flying mistakes will happen. I have a couple other FPV drones I use with my V2 googles and crash those a good amount and much worse then this..

either way yes no crashing is how it's meant to be...unfortunately EVERYONE crashes eventually no matter how great you are....and then you are back to square 1

Yes, for freestyle or racing, don't even think about the FPV drone lol.

I'm a sightseer/cinematic flying type, though, kind of habit from my full scale pilot days. So the most intense thing I ever do is very mild split-S's and flying fairly low over the trees at very slow speeds.

IT's great for that because of O3's really good video quality, adjustable camera, etc. But if I itch to do anything within 20 feet of anything like a tree or the ground etc.... I bring out my iflight chimera 7 to the field
2021-6-17
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

if you only break a single arm, send it to DJI to repair - it only costs about $100 to repair. this is what I did, and they sent me a brand new drone!
(I didnt bother using my care refresh, as thats got an excess of over $200, so I saved that for a bigger crash ;) )

as for using a traditional drone ...  sorry they are not the same.
Ive got a diatone roma f5 with air unit and i love it... its crazy fun, stable, awesome fun to fly,
however, even with crossfire, its not as reliable for longer flights, the battery (1300mah, 6s) , doesnt last as long, and gps rescue is a bit of a lottery.
... and the air unit is good as far as it goes, but the quality and signal is not as good as the dji fpv.
(oh, and the traditional drone + batteries + charger + controller, was no cheaper than the dji fpv drone)

the DJI FPV is great for crusing around (in M mode) enjoying the scenery, diving low... but for sure you have to take care.

so I dont think they are really that comparable
they are both really fun, but for different reasons and different purposes.

I fly the diatone everyday through small gaps, trees , doing acro - and survive crashes - its a thrill
the dji fpv drone, I fly more casually, take a few less risks - its all about the immersive nature of fpv, not sport/acro/freestyle

2021-6-17
Use props
NOT ANOTHER FPV
lvl.2
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 6-17 12:37
if you only break a single arm, send it to DJI to repair - it only costs about $100 to repair. this is what I did, and they sent me a brand new drone!
(I didnt bother using my care refresh, as thats got an excess of over $200, so I saved that for a bigger crash ;) )

I already fixed the arm and replaced the whole shell so hopefully they will not take me for a ride. I agree 10000000% on what this drone was meant for. I was always the one telling people it's meant for sightseeing and stuff. But yeah I got my other drones after and then it got me into flying a bit more aggressive.

I hope it's not that much to fix I really do.

Then again it's average in the 90s to 100s now so maybe it's a good time to take a dji break :_)
2021-6-17
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

your ESC is toast. just order a new one and be done with it. like you never killed an ESC on a BF quad lol... no need to b* about it.
2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-6-17
Use props
NOT ANOTHER FPV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-17 20:00
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I fixed it bro no need for extra help
2021-6-17
Use props
NOT ANOTHER FPV
lvl.2
United States

MoppelMat Posted at 6-17 19:58
your ESC is toast. just order a new one and be done with it. like you never killed an ESC on a BF quad lol... no need to b* about it.

honestly I did a ...ty job soldering and it must have been touching the heatsink...I put some tape for now so there is a layer so all good....fixing it more as I type this....
2021-6-17
Use props
NOT ANOTHER FPV
lvl.2
United States

luciens Posted at 6-17 08:47
Yep, I hear you... The only option is to just not to crash it - it's definitely not user-serviceable if anything happens to it.

the only option is when you do crash it...you know how to fix it after
2021-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to hear!
2021-6-17
Use props
NOT ANOTHER FPV
lvl.2
United States

I kinda wish I could do what I did with all my other quads and just buy the whole kit with everything but the electronics...that way I can fix it on the spot and not be out a week or two.
2021-6-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

NOT ANOTHER FPV Posted at 6-18 00:41
I kinda wish I could do what I did with all my other quads and just buy the whole kit with everything but the electronics...that way I can fix it on the spot and not be out a week or two.

That would be nice indeed.
2021-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

NOT ANOTHER FPV Posted at 6-17 21:04
I fixed it bro no need for extra help

Great. Please let us know if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules