Mini 2 Battery
624 5 2021-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RJP49
lvl.1
United States

Is there a special trick to removing the battery of the Mini 2??  I am trying to update all of the batteries with the latest update (6/16/21) but being under the impression it can only be done in the drone itself I need to swap out the batteries and recharge those in the smart charger.  I can raise the latch when my thumb nail but can't get the Mini 2 to let go of it.  Thank you for any suggestions.  bob

2021-6-17
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have access to a 3D printer, there are a few battery pullers available.  I used one for a few weeks when the drone was new.  After awhile, the batteries became much easier to remove by hand and I don't use it anymore.
2021-6-17
Use props
RJP49
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your rapid reply, however, I have no access to a 3-D printer here in rural Maine.  Have you seen anything like what you describe on line???
2021-6-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im wondering if your batteries are swollen as they shouldn't be hard to remove.
2021-6-18
Use props
RJP49
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 00:36
Im wondering if your batteries are swollen as they shouldn't be hard to remove.

Thank you, that is an important observation.  How can I tell?  Finaly I was able to get that battery out and installed another.  Now that one doesn't want to come out.  But neither look swollen.  Argh...
2021-6-23
Use props
rEaX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185210 ft
Sweden

I raise the latch with my index finger (not the nail) and I place my thumb on the top part that has a little grip. Just squeeze the two fingers together firmly (with battery in between) and pull it straight out. It's very easy for me.
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules