Normal Mode Start-Up
711 6 2021-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

I fly in sport, and when I land in sport, I do not expect next time I take off that I need turn it onto normal, then back to sport so the bird well flys in the mode the controler says I am in.

Please advise as to if Ihave setting wrong, or if this is a defect that is being addressed.  Very disturbing to see controler not match birds actions.
2021-6-17
Use props
amitgv1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032493 ft
Germany

You are right.  It's quite annoying but that's the way it works
2021-6-17
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

I think this is a 'safety' feature.... it also does the same with M mode.

probably the reasoning is, if you had your controller in a (e.g) backpack, it might accidentally flip the switch to M - the user doesn't notice, so powers it up - and promptly crashes it.
for sure, M is more 'dramatic' than N vs S, but i suspect they think the same thing.

also there is another oddity with M mode which means this is pretty important.

I fly in M mode, come in to about 1m off the ground to land,  hit pause, and press down to land it in N mode.
this means, when I put a new battery, the mode switch is still in M positoin.
SO... it'd be easy in this situation, to end up taking off in M mode, when you think its in N mode (since I landed in N mode, albeit via pause!)

(the fact that pause , also puts the bird into N mode, means the mode switch does not always reflect the actual mode of the drone)

so, I suspect they wont view it as a bug, rather a feature.

I'll agree, intially it surprised me, but once I knew - it was easy to adjust too.
2021-6-17
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 6-17 12:24
I think this is a 'safety' feature.... it also does the same with M mode.

probably the reasoning is, if you had your controller in a (e.g) backpack, it might accidentally flip the switch to M - the user doesn't notice, so powers it up - and promptly crashes it.

Thank you for your well thought out response. This is logical and l can see how this is a useful safety feature.  Did not notice this on my Phantom or Mavic 2 pro.  

While a pain I will learn to work with it.
2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this to our designated team for further clarifications. We will surely keep you posted once we have information. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-17
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-17 19:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this to our designated team for further clarifications. We will surely keep you posted once we have information. Thank you for your support!

Do you guys even read, or just post a canned response.  It appears it is a safety feature, perhaps if you had read the question, you could have provided a proper answer.  Thankfully others here informed me, in reading many posts here, you guys are about as helpful as a one legged man at a butt kicking contest.
2021-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Romonaga Posted at 6-18 08:29
Do you guys even read, or just post a canned response.  It appears it is a safety feature, perhaps if you had read the question, you could have provided a proper answer.  Thankfully others here informed me, in reading many posts here, you guys are about as helpful as a one legged man at a butt kicking contest.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. The said inquiry is normal, there is no limit on what flight mode of the controller to take off, the default is N mode. Therefore, you need to switch before taking off. My apologies as we need to clarify this one to our designated team for us to provide you an accurate resolution. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules