Is there a way to activate the P4 MS w/o iPad?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like the topic title says: I have a P4 MS but no iPad. Can I at least activate it w/o one? Maybe in Assistant?

Thanks.

2021-6-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Whelp, the Android version of Go4 doesn't work, and it sees the MS as an RTK but says you need to use the older Go to connect to it (which makes no sense, but...); so I installed Go, only to have it recognize the MS as either an Inspire or a Mavic, and tell me I must use Go4 to connect. Needless to say Go4 just sent me back to Go. Such fun!

But, Assistant for Phantom recognizes the MS & allows activation. Yay!
Now I have to decide if I should upgrade the firmware to v00.00.0146 or not. It has been posted that doing so breaks NTRIP, which I can't abide.

Just posting this here should somebody else think of trying this stuff themselves.

2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue you had experienced also thank you for the information provided on your post #2. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Paladin- thanks, although I definitely have not solved the issue of needing to use an iPad with my new P4 MS-  I've activated it but still can't actually use it. Can you please suggest an Android alternative app that will work?

Or can I use the RC from my P4R, which came with both GS RTK and Agras MG-1 on it?

Thanks!

2021-6-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

P4R RC links to P4 MS, but does not see the activation (which I did in Assistant). Tried activating again (which uses a different GUI that looks to be agriculture-oriented), which hung after completion and then after an RC restart it appeared to recognize the activation, but going into fly mode seemed to put me in an interface more aimed at spraying than mapping. In any event I was not familiar with it and it didn't look like where I wanted to be, so I bailed.

Time to try UGCS, look for other Android apps that might work, or (*gasp*) get an iPad. So frustrating.
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules