MA2:Recieving repeated requests to update firmware Ver.01.01.0610
2045 8 2021-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

On my MA2, I have been regularly getting requests to update the firmware after having it installed when the firmware first came out. It shows up on my cache as installed.

I don't clear that particular cache so I don't know why I keep getting the request. Any ideas. Thanks HFTA!

2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble that you had encountered. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please try to update the firmware through that software and check if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2021-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-6-17
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-17 23:34
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

Thanks Montfrooij, will do.
2021-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cacike47 Posted at 6-21 06:51
Thanks Montfrooij, will do.

You're welcome!
2021-6-21
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-17 19:20
Hi there. Sorry for the trouble that you had encountered. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please try to update the firmware through that software and check if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Paladin, Thank you for offering your assistance. Unfortunately, DJI Assistant 2 did not recognize my
Mavic Air 2. I installed the DJI Assistant 2 and signed in but it could not find my device.
2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cacike47 Posted at 7-2 15:27
Paladin, Thank you for offering your assistance. Unfortunately, DJI Assistant 2 did not recognize my
Mavic Air 2. I installed the DJI Assistant 2 and signed in but it could not find my device.

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to use a different communication cable to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-2
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 21:22
Thank you for your response. Can you please try to use a different communication cable to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi Paladin, for some mysterious reason this issue comes up intermittently and I never know when it pops up again. I was advised to install DJI assistant but it would did recognize my MA2.
Then I forgot to delete the DJI assistant and today when I went out to fly something strange happened. DJI Fly must have gotten corrupted because it placed my location in NYC instead of 50 miles north of NYC.
I was in class D airspace and had received approval from FAA but DJI fly would not remove the warning message although the drone could go up. I went to Class G airspace 30 miles away from NYC and it still placed my MA2 near Yankee Stadium in Bronx NY. I deleted the DJI fly software and re-installed.
I tested again with received FAA permission in class D airspace. This time, I did not have the issue. Hopefully it will not return again. I just wanted you to know about this in case anyone else installs DJI assistant and it does not recognize their device, it could be something else but I wanted you to know.
Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration,
JP
2021-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cacike47 Posted at 7-4 09:47
Hi Paladin, for some mysterious reason this issue comes up intermittently and I never know when it pops up again. I was advised to install DJI assistant but it would did recognize my MA2.
Then I forgot to delete the DJI assistant and today when I went out to fly something strange happened. DJI Fly must have gotten corrupted because it placed my location in NYC instead of 50 miles north of NYC.
I was in class D airspace and had received approval from FAA but DJI fly would not remove the warning message although the drone could go up. I went to Class G airspace 30 miles away from NYC and it still placed my MA2 near Yankee Stadium in Bronx NY. I deleted the DJI fly software and re-installed.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Cacike. We're glad that you already isolate the issue. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules