Mavic air 2 lost video transmission after 1.8 miles
1065 7 2021-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rithee
New

Canada

I've been flying my Mavic air 2 close range and for fun. Today I decided to take it a bit further, My video transmission starts to flicker, and have a warning on my screen saying it losing the signal.  Now the spect says 6.2 miles for this little thing how come video drops after 1.8 miles? and yes I'm on the latest Firmware. Also, I stop getting warnings when manned Air craft is nearby.  
2021-6-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get that if there are obstacles like trees or buildings in the line of sight. Also, WiFi interference might cause that. I can't fly near a large house with a metal roof in my area without having video issues, even though other areas are ok. I tested the WiFi signal strengths in the area of the metal-roofed house and I got a huge reading, either because of the metal roof or an illegal WiFi setup.
2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rithee. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

2021-6-17
Use props
Rithee
New

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-17 18:25
I get that if there are obstacles like trees or buildings in the line of sight. Also, WiFi interference might cause that. I can't fly near a large house with a metal roof in my area without having video issues, even though other areas are ok. I tested the WiFi signal strengths in the area of the metal-roofed house and I got a huge reading, either because of the metal roof or an illegal WiFi setup.

gotcha. could be a wifi interference from the houses near by.
2021-6-18
Use props
Rithee
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-17 18:45
Hello there Rithee. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

I'll find another location to fly and see what happen. Do you know what cause the air sense stop giving a warning? I have it turn on and when manned aircraft near by I didn't get any warning.
2021-6-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rithee Posted at 6-18 11:30
I'll find another location to fly and see what happen. Do you know what cause the air sense stop giving a warning? I have it turn on and when manned aircraft near by I didn't get any warning.

Not all manned aircraft have the equipment.
2021-6-18
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

In urban areas if you can get away with 1.8 miles you gotta be happy with that. Lots of people don't even get a mile. I'm able to do 2km (1.25 miles) after which my RC disconnects.
I haven't tried rural areas yet but supposedly it should give you way more range than in urban areas where there's a lot of signal interference.
2021-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Rithee Posted at 6-18 11:30
I'll find another location to fly and see what happen. Do you know what cause the air sense stop giving a warning? I have it turn on and when manned aircraft near by I didn't get any warning.

Hi there Rithee. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. The DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules