Dunnottar Castle, Scotland
1245 8 2015-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
westguard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 682388 ft
United States

Filmed on location at Dunnottar Castle between 3:30am and 5:30am. Many thanks to the custodians of Dunnottar Castle for permission to fly. Thanks also to my friend Scott Wallace for assisting on the day (and getting up at 2:15am!). As always, best viewed full screen, preferably at 4K! Music was a challenge for this video but it picks up half way through!

Shipped the Inspire 1 DHL there and UPS on the way back. Why? I had a wife, a 3 year old and a 6 year old and 250 pounds of luggage with me for being a month away and no spare hands! No problems with shipping (Go Professional Case was perfect for the job). Only cost about $150 to ship each way. Took 8 batteries with us in hand luggage, no problems whatsoever.

More to come from Scotland. We filmed for 2 weeks and caught some stunning scenery. We also had the pleasure of working with the Scottish Coastguard and Lifeboat on a couple of shoots. Just need to find the time to edit it all now!

Hope you enjoy!

2015-7-21
Use props
Tassiejeff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137730 ft
Australia

Truely beautiful video. Thank you
2015-7-22
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Thanks for the inspiration !

Some clips where not in chronological order (I would have done that) ... but never the less ... nicely done!

We need to chip in and buy that place ... do some renovations ... and start the School of UAV - safe handling and footage!
2015-7-22
Use props
ericrudd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133944 ft
United States

Nice footage. Great subject.

eric
2015-7-22
Use props
gwulf
lvl.1

Germany

Truely beautiful and haunting place. Have been there with my wife during a trip through Scotland back in `98. Went there in the early morning, weather as fine as in your video. Pure magic... Thanks!
2015-7-22
Use props
westguard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 682388 ft
United States

w1der Posted at 2015-7-22 20:17
Thanks for the inspiration !

Some clips where not in chronological order (I would have done that)  ...

I agree we need to chip in and buy it. It truly is an amazing place to fly! These were only a few of the great shots we got. We had hoped to do some sunset shots too but didn't have enough time in the end. This was at 3am in the morning and 'golden hour' time was short and sweet!
2015-7-22
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Very beatiful video!!!!
2015-7-22
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Very Nice video thanks for sharing.
I have fond memories of Dunnotter Castle, visited it way back in the mists of time.
Somewhere I have footage of it on 16mm and shot in cinemascope.
The camera is long gone but I still have the Anamorphic lens.
I think Scotland is a magical place, providing the midges leave you alone.
2015-7-24
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Great video - now I'm homesick.  Surprised the gulls didn't attack - they are getting bad press lately.
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules