DJI Fly 1.4.4 for Android
4046 37 2021-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

I was looking at the DJI Fly app in Settings/Apps on my Galaxy S9 and saw a message that a new version was available so for better or worse I updated. I now have ver. 1.4.4 but have not flown with it yet. On the DJI download website it still shows ver 1.4.2 as the latest for Android.

All very confusing. Any other Android users updated to 1.4.4 and flown with it yet?

John

2021-6-18
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Not me, I never update for no reason. Right, the DJI site says 1.4.2 but the link points to a version 1.4.4 APK. Version 1.4.4 Some people like to test, lets wait and see what they say, mostly just "it doesn't run any worse than the previous version" ;-)
2021-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. It shows 1.4.2 on the download page on our website but once you click the download and have the APK file it is already in 1.4.4. I will go ahead and forward this website issue to our designated team for their attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Stay safe!
2021-6-18
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

No problem with 1.4.4 here. Works fine.
2021-6-18
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Any noticeable changes?
2021-6-18
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

CemAygun Posted at 6-18 22:40
Any noticeable changes?

as far as I can see not. Just stability improvement as stated in the notes.
1.4.4 came out quickly after they installed 1.4.2 with the SC firmware upgrade. I think they missed out something to be used with the SC.
2021-6-18
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

JohnDG Posted at 6-18 22:54
as far as I can see not. Just stability improvement as stated in the notes.
1.4.4 came out quickly after they installed 1.4.2 with the SC firmware upgrade. I think they missed out something to be used with the SC.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.
2021-6-18
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-18 23:18
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Too bad they didn't fix the AE Lock issue in video mode.
2021-6-19
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

I noticed in the app profile screen mention of v1.4.4 with a little red dot next to it, which I'm assuming is because I'm on v1.4.2. However, if I use the 'check for updates' it says I'm up to date. If I start the app with an active wi-fi connection, it prompts me that an update is available, I download it, but nothing else happens. It doesn't run the update and I've no idea where it saved it to.
2021-6-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

steamship Posted at 6-20 06:05
I noticed in the app profile screen mention of v1.4.4 with a little red dot next to it, which I'm assuming is because I'm on v1.4.2. However, if I use the 'check for updates' it says I'm up to date. If I start the app with an active wi-fi connection, it prompts me that an update is available, I download it, but nothing else happens. It doesn't run the update and I've no idea where it saved it to.

It is a long update process. Let it start, then go do something else. It WILL update.
2021-6-20
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Updates
What's New

- Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.
2021-6-20
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-20 06:20
It is a long update process. Let it start, then go do something else. It WILL update.

So I tried it again just now and it still hasn't updated. Controller connected to the Android phone (wi-fi on), powered on, prompts for update, downloads file (about 5 times now), and then I just left it for an entire hour with the DJI app running. Absolutely nothing! I've also tried logging out of the app and back in, and also tried restarting the phone and it's not updating.

This is the About screen, and as you can see I'm running v1.4.2 and I have the red dot indicating an update, as well as the version v.1.4.4 shown on the right. I can tap on the 'Check for Updates' and it tells me one is available and I can download it, but I've tried that option yesterday with no success.

Never had an issue with previous updates. BTW The phone is stock Android 10 with very few apps installed and nothing new installed since I got the phone in November.
2021-6-21
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

steamship Posted at 6-21 05:44
So I tried it again just now and it still hasn't updated. Controller connected to the Android phone (wi-fi on), powered on, prompts for update, downloads file (about 5 times now), and then I just left it for an entire hour with the DJI app running. Absolutely nothing! I've also tried logging out of the app and back in, and also tried restarting the phone and it's not updating.

[view_image]

What phone is it ?
2021-6-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

steamship Posted at 6-21 05:44
So I tried it again just now and it still hasn't updated. Controller connected to the Android phone (wi-fi on), powered on, prompts for update, downloads file (about 5 times now), and then I just left it for an entire hour with the DJI app running. Absolutely nothing! I've also tried logging out of the app and back in, and also tried restarting the phone and it's not updating.

[view_image]

Why dont you uninstall the DJI fly app from the phone, go to DJI Fly app download page, download and install? I shure it will work and your problem will be solved.
2021-6-21
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

robpri Posted at 6-21 05:52
What phone is it ?

Motorola Moto g8 power lite. Yes, I know it's not on the 'approved' list, but all versions of the app have worked since day one.
2021-6-21
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

Miguel Leitao Posted at 6-21 06:09
Why dont you uninstall the DJI fly app from the phone, go to DJI Fly app download page, download and install? I shure it will work and your problem will be solved.

I don't see why I should have to uninstall and reinstall the app when all previous versions have updated fine, and I've never had to uninstall and reinstall any other app in order to get an update to work.
2021-6-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

steamship Posted at 6-21 06:54
Motorola Moto g8 power lite. Yes, I know it's not on the 'approved' list, but all versions of the app have worked since day one.

The fact that it worked till now doesnt mean that it will work forever since the phone its not supported.
I told you how to solve your problem but you seem to choose the hard way. Good luck, hope you suceed.
2021-6-21
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

steamship Posted at 6-21 06:55
I don't see why I should have to uninstall and reinstall the app when all previous versions have updated fine, and I've never had to uninstall and reinstall any other app in order to get an update to work.

As advised, uninstal and intstal V1.4.4 direct from Mavic Mini 2 download page. Bear jn mind the link states V1.4.2 but the download is marked V1.4.4. Good luck.
2021-6-21
Use props
RoadRunner34
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know for sure if the Mini 2 will work with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10, not the Note 10 +?  Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor.  64-bit ARMv8-A instructions set.   Called tech support and was told since the Note 10 is not on the list, the answer is no.
2021-6-21
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

Miguel Leitao Posted at 6-21 07:58
The fact that it worked till now doesnt mean that it will work forever since the phone its not supported.
I told you how to solve your problem but you seem to choose the hard way. Good luck, hope you suceed.

Coming from an IT programming background, I'm at a loss as to how changes they make to the app to add functionality or fix bugs can have a detrimental effect on the update procedure. They can't even update their website to show the correct version number.
No, DJI choose to make things hard. DJI were the ones that originally removed the app from Google Play, meaning you now have to download the app from their website and then sideload it. DJI then took several iterations before you could perform the download/update from within the app.

Since my original post, I've had no other option but to uninstall and reinstall the app.

2021-6-23
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

steamship Posted at 6-23 08:47
Coming from an IT programming background, I'm at a loss as to how changes they make to the app to add functionality or fix bugs can have a detrimental effect on the update procedure. They can't even update their website to show the correct version number.
No, DJI choose to make things hard. DJI were the ones that originally removed the app from Google Play, meaning you now have to download the app from their website and then sideload it. DJI then took several iterations before you could perform the download/update from within the app.

Agree with all your points, but glad you bit the bullet and now you can enjoy some flying, until the next update ;)
2021-6-23
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone else struggling with the update? I have been told many times that there is a new version and accepted the update.. But I am still at 1.4.2 and I have a red dot saying that 1.4.4 is available.

I keep accepting the update and watching the download complete, but it never kicks of an installation.. So like Groundhog day I am just repeating the same task over and over and never actually get the update.
2021-6-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Look at your recent downloads and install from there. The file should be there. Probably several times.
2021-6-23
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

The automatic update of the APP starts, but is not carried out. The APP update could only be installed after downloading the APK via a web browser - the same behavior on 2 Android devices!
2021-6-23
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The download of 1.4.4 kicks off and I can see it happening in notifications.. But when its done, it just disappears.. There is no install and nothing in my download folder.

I had no problems in previous releases, so something has changed.

Edit: Just did a search on my whole phone for APK files and I only have 2 (which I saved to keep them safe) and nothing from DJI

Edit2: I worked it out.. I downloaded it from here

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309

But when I tried to install it, Chrome reported that I wasn't allowed to install from this source and offered a switch to over-ride this.. So I suspect that DJI had been marked as 'untrusted' and downloads would not be allowed from them until this switch was changed.

2021-6-24
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

jweaver Posted at 6-23 13:02
Anyone else struggling with the update? I have been told many times that there is a new version and accepted the update.. But I am still at 1.4.2 and I have a red dot saying that 1.4.4 is available.

I keep accepting the update and watching the download complete, but it never kicks of an installation.. So like Groundhog day I am just repeating the same task over and over and never actually get the update.

Post #11 above from me describes the exact same scenario, and in the end I had to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Glad you got it sorted, but would suggest you get the downloads from here: https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

As for installing the APK, that's just Android trying to protect you from installing potentially unsafe apps if they're not downloaded from Google Play.

As for updating mine, I only managed to get out to the cricket field yesterday to calibrate everything and do a few tests, and it's been pi**ing down all day here.
2021-6-24
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
United Kingdom

steamship Posted at 6-24 06:02
Post #11 above from me describes the exact same scenario, and in the end I had to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Glad you got it sorted, but would suggest you get the downloads from here: https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

Just so you know, the URL I gave

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309

Is the one on:

https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-2/downloads

Thats where I got it from, but just copy/pasted the links so I could update my post.

I fully understand why this happened.. I know taht Android block certain apps or sources from loading.. But I don't know when this happened as 1.4.2 was OK.. And I am surprised you don't get an error unless you actually open the Link in Chrome, which then shows you exactly what the issue is.
2021-6-24
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

I had to free some storage from my phone before installing the update, otherwise it would fail without an error.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_K9xOEGW3XefY
New
Flight distance : 351 ft
United Kingdom

Can't get it to work on pixel 3a on Android 12 beta however I try. It just crashes on opening.

1.4.2 works fine so I guess I'll stick with that...

...or get a new phone.
2021-6-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

djiuser_K9xOEGW3XefY Posted at 6-26 09:50
Can't get it to work on pixel 3a on Android 12 beta however I try. It just crashes on opening.

1.4.2 works fine so I guess I'll stick with that...

I also rolled back to 1.4.2. 1.4.4 gave me regular, temporary app freezes...I am using a dedicated snapdragon 820 phone with nothing else on it (not even a sim card)
2021-6-26
Use props
stevesrf68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4606358 ft
Canada

I updated to the 1.4.4 ver. and have had no problems with the update. I actually didn't notice any changes at all.
2021-6-27
Use props
Thremal drone
lvl.2
Slovenia

I also downloaded the 1.4.2 version even my colleques told me about 1.4.4, but when I finished and doble checked it shows 1.4.0.
2021-6-28
Use props
Sl55kleemann
lvl.1
France

CemAygun Posted at 6-26 12:23
I also rolled back to 1.4.2. 1.4.4 gave me regular, temporary app freezes...I am using a dedicated snapdragon 820 phone with nothing else on it (not even a sim card)

I have the same issue this week end, crash application after slowdowns
2021-6-28
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Sl55kleemann Posted at 6-28 07:53
I have the same issue this week end, crash application after slowdowns

We are under lock-down (again), so I did not have the chance to to test after the roll back, but I am pretty sure it was the update that broke it all in my case. It is something sad to say, but Go4 was so much better than Fly ...
2021-6-28
Use props
kdgreene
New
United States

I'm a newbie here, but my problem with the latest version of Fly is that it won't connect via wifi, only via cell.  I've checked my settings and the Fly App is the only one on my phone that refuses to connect via wifi.  I'm using a Pixel 4a.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_wqvAMJJIznOU
New

Portugal

Ola sou um novato aqui, mas meu problema com a última versão do DJIFLAY V1.4.4
Tenho um DJI MINI 2 mas  o DJIFLAY V1.4.4 não está em Português
Há alguma maneira de configurar para Português ?
alguém pode ajudar?
Obrigado
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_xew39FsAa8Q3
New

South Africa

Back to 1.4.0 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, tried 1.4.2, had 2 app crashes on first flight, went back to 1.4.0, then tried 1.4.4 a few days later, app crashed on first flight so DJI can keep their 'updates' until they can sort it out, I'll stick to 1.4.0 and Litchi for safe reliable flying my Mini.
2021-6-30
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

fans5fad8194 Posted at 6-19 05:33
Too bad they didn't fix the AE Lock issue in video mode.

I totally agree with you
2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules