Mobile SDK simulation suddenly stops moving forward
456 5 2021-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael-couck
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello,

Probably something silly, was working before, a year ago... Could be a clue. The hardware has not changed(Mavic 2), and the SDK version niether 4.14-trial1.

Starting the simulator probrammatically(Simulator simulator = flightController.getSimulator();) then sending virtual stick data to the aircraft, it moves forward for a while, about 15 seconds, then just slows down to a stop for no aparent reason. Does any one have a clue?

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,
Michael
2021-6-19
Use props
michael-couck
lvl.2
Belgium

The maximum flight radius is set and somehow not modifiable(500 from the callback).

But the actual maximum radius is 100 metres! Setting the maximum flight radius enabled off has no effect, and trying to set the flight radius results in a 'Param illegal' error.

So not solved, but the cause is known, seemingly.

How to set the maximum flight radius in SDK 4.14.1?
2021-6-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

michael-couck Posted at 6-20 02:41
The maximum flight radius is set and somehow not modifiable(500 from the callback).

But the actual maximum radius is 100 metres! Setting the maximum flight radius enabled off has no effect, and trying to set the flight radius results in a 'Param illegal' error.

Sounds like you not logged in.

Change sim coordinates, so you not in a limited zone.

Do a real testflight and see whats happen.

Logout/login in the dji go.

Sim works, never had a problem with that.
2021-6-20
Use props
michael-couck
lvl.2
Belgium

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 6-20 04:46
Sounds like you not logged in.

Change sim coordinates, so you not in a limited zone.

Hi Mats,

At first I got the 'not logged in' message, so I logged in to the site and that disappeared.

I can't physically let the drone fly to the (test) destination because I am in a built up area unfortunately. But I do fly the drone physically in other areas. HAve been doing that for two years.

I checked the flight zones, and I am not in a restricted area. The simulator/flight was working previously, the SDK 4.4, so only upgrading to 4.14.1 caused this.

I do see that any integer over 99 set in the FlightController#setMaxFlightRadius(int...) fails. Apparently the range is 15 => 8000. And setting the disable flight radius restriction has no effect.

So actually setting the flight radius is the problem... Any ideas?

Br,
Michael
2021-6-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

michael-couck Posted at 6-20 05:11
Hi Mats,

At first I got the 'not logged in' message, so I logged in to the site and that disappeared.

Tough one.

I had the same problem when hacking the mini2 sdk, probably not the same root cause, but it behaived in the same way.

Have you checked so it's not in beginner mode, or whatever iẗ́s called?

I now some had the same problem with dji fly. Login and logout a couple of times did help.

I think you shoud try a real flight where it's legal and check if it still stops at 100m.
2021-6-20
Use props
michael-couck
lvl.2
Belgium

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 6-20 10:01
Tough one.

I had the same problem when hacking the mini2 sdk, probably not the same root cause, but it behaived in the same way.

Yep, checked the beginner mode, not in beginner mode.

Interestingly enough setting the max flight radius in the DJI app then returns 7000m for the FlightController#getMaxFlightRadius(...) but still stops at 100m. Meaning that the flight radius is persisted on the aircraft, not in the mobile app sdk. Possibly, can't be 100% sure of course.

Uninstalled the DJI app on the phone, just in case. Still no happy ending.

Very frustrating because I just re-implemented the autonomous flight, this time for low level flying and object avoidance for the RTK 300 using the sensors. Everything looking good to go to system testing, but of course I want to see the simulation first.

Don't want to loose a €8000 aircraft, and God knows what other damage it can do if it goes off the reservation...

Indeed, I should try the physical flight somewhere in the wild, with the possibility of then loosing the machine, lol ;)

Ho hum, sent DJI a mail, asking (in English of course) WTF? Let's see what they say. I'll be certain to post the solution here if there is one of course.

Alternatively looking for another drone manufacturer...

Thanks for applying some resources Mats

Best regards,
Michael
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules