corrupted video
717 10 2021-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreyFlybird
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406250 ft
United Kingdom

I forgot to stop recording before shutting off my drone. This has left me with an mp4 file that will not open. Any ideas?

2021-6-19
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Sometimes it helps to turn the drone back on, provided the SD card is in it, of course. I had this once, but it didn't work for me. Others have reported that it worked for them.
2021-6-19
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

If you've already removed video from the SD card you can try untrunc - https://github.com/ponchio/untrunc
2021-6-19
Use props
GreyFlybird
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 6-19 06:03
Sometimes it helps to turn the drone back on, provided the SD card is in it, of course. I had this once, but it didn't work for me. Others have reported that it worked for them.

Unfortunately I didn't find the problem til I'd uploaded to my PC.
Thanks for the suggestion.
2021-6-19
Use props
GreyFlybird
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 6-19 11:20
If you've already removed video from the SD card you can try untrunc - https://github.com/ponchio/untrunc

Looks promising. I will try that. Thanks.
2021-6-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you are free to copy your files off your computer and back to the microsd card.  the trick is to turn the drone on and start another recording with the files on the microsd card including the "unfinished" file.  stop the recording the you'll have a new short video but the unfinished files should be "repaired."
2021-6-19
Use props
GreyFlybird
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 6-19 13:19
you are free to copy your files off your computer and back to the microsd card.  the trick is to turn the drone on and start another recording with the files on the microsd card including the "unfinished" file.  stop the recording the you'll have a new short video but the unfinished files should be "repaired."

I will try that. It will be brilliant if it works. Thanks.
2021-6-19
Use props
GreyFlybird
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 6-19 13:19
you are free to copy your files off your computer and back to the microsd card.  the trick is to turn the drone on and start another recording with the files on the microsd card including the "unfinished" file.  stop the recording the you'll have a new short video but the unfinished files should be "repaired."

That worked a treat.
You are a SAINT.
Thanks.
2021-6-19
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

GreyFlybird Posted at 6-19 13:56
That worked a treat.
You are a SAINT.
Thanks.

YAY! Glad you worked that around!
2021-6-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

GreyFlybird Posted at 6-19 13:56
That worked a treat.
You are a SAINT.
Thanks.

awesome.
2021-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue with the help of our fellow DJI pilots here The Saint. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules