Shooting photos in raw help
568 8 2021-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbeaumont
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I'm looking the get an Air 2s mostly for stills photography, but I'm concerned that I've read the raw file is not a true raw?
Has anyone with experience of shootin in the raw mode tell me how much you can recover from an over or undersposed image, is it like a raw in a digital camera?

Thanks
2021-6-19
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, it's a DNG that can be read by Adobe and other editing apps like On1, Luminar, etc. The dynamic range is quite high. I've stopped shooting bracketed shots because it is so good.
2021-6-19
Use props
mbeaumont
lvl.1
United Kingdom

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 6-19 09:10
Yes, it's a DNG that can be read by Adobe and other editing apps like On1, Luminar, etc. The dynamic range is quite high. I've stopped shooting bracketed shots because it is so good.

Thank you, thats good to hear. I'm new to drones and have no idea how accurate the remote viewing is compared to the final image, so a bit of latitude might be quite handy, I use Capture One and that supports DNG's too. Thanks
2021-6-19
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

It’s DNG works with Adobe Lightroom and PS fine.
2021-6-19
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Air2S camera has a great dynamic range and you can play a lot with the DNGs in Lightroom or any other similar program.

The DNGs come a bit pre-processed, have optical distortions and aberrations corrected and have a bit of noise filtering. All cameras deliver pre-processed RAWs anyways (a "true" RAW would be similar to Dlog on video, but darker), but it's more obvious in this case.

Air2S is an excellent flying camera anyways, best drone atm and super happy with it.
2021-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Air 2s camera can record RAW format photos with a dynamic range of up to 12.6 stops, capturing more details and providing more possibilities for post-editing. The exposure difference between the brightest and darkest scenes can achieve up to 10 stops. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-19
Use props
mbeaumont
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 20:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Air 2s camera can record RAW format photos with a dynamic range of up to 12.6 stops, capturing more details and providing more possibilities for post-editing. The exposure difference between the brightest and darkest scenes can achieve up to 10 stops. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

Thank you, much apreciated.
2021-6-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mbeaumont Posted at 6-19 09:47
Thank you, thats good to hear. I'm new to drones and have no idea how accurate the remote viewing is compared to the final image, so a bit of latitude might be quite handy, I use Capture One and that supports DNG's too. Thanks

I use Capture One and that supports DNG's too.
Not all dng files are the same.
Don't assume that Capture One will automatically read DJI dng files.
If you only want to use Capture One, get a DJI dng file from someone and confirm that it reads the file properly.
Capture One might be one of the programs that doesn't read the lens correction data that Adobe products do.
2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mbeaumont Posted at 6-20 02:11
Thank you, much apreciated.

You are most welcome. Cheers!
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now