Smart controller done, now what about the goggles
3810 15 2021-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

They said they wouldnt support the SC and now they have, so come on DJI support the Goggles, I've sold my Mavic Pro and if you don't then I will have to sell them.

2021-6-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just flew my mini 2 while wearing the dji googles, it works!

LOL
2021-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This requested feature was already forwarded to our designated team. As of the moment, the DJI Mini 2 still not compatible with the DJI Goggles. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com
2021-6-19
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-19 13:30
i just flew my mini 2 while wearing the dji googles, it works!

LOL

Which DJI goggles?
2021-6-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the original dji white goggles.

they are not compatible with the mini 2 but i jacked them into the hdmi port of my sc and i could see where the mini was flying.  a lot of people here would call that "works."  LOL
2021-6-20
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just tried the DJI FPV Goggles v2 (not v1) with my Mavic Air 2 + Smart Controller and was able to get it to work.

Basically, you need the following:
* DJI FPV Goggles v2 with latest firmware (I only tried it using the latest firmware v01.00.0606 so I am not sure about other versions but it should work).
* A drone that connects to the Smart Controller (eg Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mini 2, etc).
* HDMI to Composite adaptor box (cost me $15 AUD on eBay - the link where I purchased mine is here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254239288971 )
* 3.5mm TRRS (Tip-Ring-Ring-Sleeve) to 3 x RCA plugs cable (idk how much this costs as I had one spare from an old video camera).

Procedure:
1) Connect to the drone as normal with the Smart Controller.
2) Use a short HDMI cable to connect from the HDMI output port on the Smart Controller to the HDMI input on the HDMI to Composite converter box (see photo below).
3) Connect the 3.5mm TRRS cable to the DJI FPV Goggles v2 headset and connect the 3 x RCA plugs on the other end of the cable to the RCA sockets on the HDMI to Composite converter box (see photo below).
4) Power up the DJI FPV Goggles v2 and make sure they are in "DJI Digital FPV System" mode (not "DJI FPV Drone" mode as the AV input does not work in this mode).
5) Set the Smart Controller display setting for "HDMI Output Mode" to "Duplicate" (if you choose "Camera" you will not see your pilot information and controls in the goggles which is not a good idea when flying).
6) In the DJI FPV Goggles v2 choose the AV input option.
The video feed from the Smart Controller will now appear in the DJI FPV Goggles v2.
Note that the HDMI to Composite converter box has a special cable (USB A to USB Mini) to provide it with power from a standard USB port but it is NOT needed with the Smart Controller as it is able to provide enough power through the HDMI port.

Picture of the HDMI to Composite converter box connected to a Smart Controller (ignore the LifThor bracket as you do not need it):
Smart_Controller_HDMI_Output_to_Converter_1.jpeg

Picture showing the video feed from the Smart Controller when flying a Mavic Air 2 drone in the DJI FPV Goggles v2 (yes, it is not the best quality photo, sorry):
DJI_FPV_Goggles_v2_with_Mavic_Air_2_Drone.png

Be aware that the image quality shown in the DJi FPV Goggles v2 is not HD as you are converting from HDMI to Composite (which is a lower resolution) so it can be inputted to the DJI FPV Goggles v2. I found the quality good enough to fly one of my drones using this method. If only they had put a HDMI port on these goggles it would of made our lives easier!

If you have any questions please post.

2021-6-22
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 6-20 10:44

they are not compatible with the mini 2 but i jacked them into the hdmi port of my sc and i could see where the mini was flying.  a lot of people here would call that "works."  LOL

works if you have a smart controller. most of us dont though
2021-6-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Matite Posted at 6-22 22:50
I just tried the DJI FPV Goggles v2 (not v1) with my Mavic Air 2 + Smart Controller and was able to get it to work.

Basically, you need the following:

this is the Mini 2 forum not the MA2 + Smart controller forum.

2021-6-23
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

crash1sttime Posted at 6-23 00:08

Ok... if you read my post you would see it does work with the Mini 2. I was simply posting to show you can get the DJI FPV Goggles v2 to work but you need a Smart Controller. I wish someone else had posted how to get it working so I did not have to figure it out myself.

I am very sorry for trying to be helpful.
2021-6-23
Use props
Photo Raptor
lvl.2

Canada

crash1sttime Posted at 6-23 00:08

Wow, what is wrong with you??!?

That guy (or girl?) "Matite" went out of his/her way to make a detailed post with information that is pure gold about how to get it to work with the Goggles V2 and you act like a jerk. Just because the information is not personally useful to you (as you don't have a Smart Controller for your Mini 2) does not mean it is not extremely useful to others. I have searched and not found any information like that post on this forum.

Anyway, thanks Matite for the information. I will try this out with my Mini 2 and SC when I get that little box (HDMI converter) you mentioned. Cheers!
2021-6-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Photo Raptor Posted at 6-23 04:09
Wow, what is wrong with you??!?

That guy (or girl?) "Matite" went out of his/her way to make a detailed post with information that is pure gold about how to get it to work with the Goggles V2 and you act like a jerk. Just because the information is not personally useful to you (as you don't have a Smart Controller for your Mini 2) does not mean it is not extremely useful to others. I have searched and not found any information like that post on this forum.

And if he had posted it in the right forum section that’s fine, but he didn’t.
And then you come along and feel offended by my post.

2021-6-23
Use props
Photo Raptor
lvl.2

Canada

crash1sttime Posted at 6-23 04:51
And if he had posted it in the right forum section that’s fine, but he didn’t.
And then you come along and feel offended by my post.

OK... I'll bite. Let's dance.

He/she DID post it in the correct section. They tried to be helpful to you. The info posted does relate directly to your OP about getting the Goggles v2 to work with the Mini 2. That detailed procedure does work with the Mini 2 as he/she stated clearly in the post which it seems you did not bother to read fully before making your reply. He/she did not know you don't have a Smart Controller as they are not a mind reader. You even mention the SC in your OP. Their post is VERY helpful to people like myself who have been wondering how to get the Goggles V2 to work with the Mini 2 and my SC.

As for me being "offended" I just stated that you were being very rude to someone who took their time to be helpful. You did so simply because you have a Mini 2 but not a Smart Controller and cannot relate to anyone else who might not have your *exact* same setup.

You are angry because DJI won't make the Goggles V2 work for you which I understand and agree it would be nice if they somehow make it work but this is DJI and they do what they want on their own timeline. Hell they only just added Mini 2 support to the SC recently.

2021-6-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Photo Raptor Posted at 6-23 05:58
OK... I'll bite. Let's dance.

He/she DID post it in the correct section. They tried to be helpful to you. The info posted does relate directly to your OP about getting the Goggles v2 to work with the Mini 2. That detailed procedure does work with the Mini 2 as he/she stated clearly in the post which it seems you did not bother to read fully before making your reply. He/she did not know you don't have a Smart Controller as they are not a mind reader. You even mention the SC in your OP. Their post is VERY helpful to people like myself who have been wondering how to get the Goggles V2 to work with the Mini 2 and my SC.

TLDR

Dude you have to much time on your hands, get a hobby that doesn’t involve posting lengthy replies.
2021-6-23
Use props
Photo Raptor
lvl.2

Canada

crash1sttime Posted at 6-23 09:12
TLDR

Dude you have to much time on your hands, get a hobby that doesn’t involve posting lengthy replies.

Lol... ok nice comeback. I will spend my time how I want to spend it and not how you tell me to. I also like how you did not even address anything I said as you know it is right.

Anyway, best of luck with your hobby of being rude to people who try to help you.
2021-6-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 6-23 09:12
TLDR

Dude you have to much time on your hands, get a hobby that doesn’t involve posting lengthy replies.

I'm not going to be nice. If you don't take the time to READ a post, then DON"T RESPOND!!! You only reinforce your ignorance!!!
2021-6-23
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-20 10:44

I'm still looking at doing that, my RE goggles never worked pass a 1/4 mile with my Mavic 2 and after spending $$ for custom lens I would like to get some return on the money I spent.. I'm looking at the Google HDMI Version 3 device, they claim no lag on the video, I already have a battery and cables I use with my tablet (Android battery draining issues due to lack of DJI support), when the device arrives I'll up give it a try, it's only another $20 to throw at the DJI RE Goggles
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules