1860 35 2021-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_e57VvSDmaX88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409698 ft
Portugal

Hi,

As everyone knows by now, the Mini 2 2-way charging hub had an issue that the batteries that were pluged in it wont auto-discharge as supposed too.

Before the v01.03.0000 update(s) I tried once keeping the batteries stored and pluged in the hub and I noticed that in a few days the batteries auto-discharded from 100% to about 36%.

I thought that my hub was faulty since everyone was saying that the Mini 2s charging hubs werent letting the batteries auto-discharge as normal behavior of them. And as the users manual says: the batteries will auto-discharge to about 72% after beeing iddle for approx. 9 days. So, reading this the ideal % charge level for the batteries to be on storage is about 72%, they shouldn't drop their charge bellow that... right?

Now with the new firmware updates (drone and batteries), I thought that will be somehow fixed so I tested it again, left the 3 batteries (100% charged) on last Wednesday pluged on the hub, and today (3 days after), the batteries were 38% charge. This is normal or my charging hub is faulty?

If I leave the batteries alone (not in the hub neither in the drone) they auto-discharge at the speed rate that the user's manual claims, normal behavior. But on the hub they discharge fast as hell and going so low compared to what the manual says. So the batteries itself are fine.

On users manual, page 23, says this too:
''It is recommended to discharge the Intelligent Flight Batteries to 30% or lower during transport or storage. This can be done by flying the aircraft outdoors until the battery level is less than 30%.''

So the target of storage % level is 30% or 72%? And if it is 30% the hub helps the batteries discharge faster than they will discharge as their own if they were left alone?

This is driving me nuts and I dont know if my hub is working as supposed to so I decided ask this here before opening any kind of ticket to send the hub to the warranty.

Thanks
2021-6-19
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

I didn't try. but good question. Thinking logically, it should discharge at the same rate inside or outside the hub.
2021-6-19
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

aykutaltindag Posted at 6-19 12:23
I didn't try. but good question. Thinking logically, it should discharge at the same rate inside or outside the hub.

Yap, and the users manual saying on one page 72% and on another page 30% is kinda confusing imo, I hope someone can help me here figuring out if my hub is behaving correctly or if it is faulty indeed.
2021-6-19
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Turkey

I updated 24 hours ago. I knew that one battery was 85% and the other 2 were 100%. I'll take a look when I wake up in the morning and post here
2021-6-19
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Acydz Posted at 6-19 12:27
Yap, and the users manual saying on one page 72% and on another page 30% is kinda confusing imo, I hope someone can help me here figuring out if my hub is behaving correctly or if it is faulty indeed.

72% is the lowest level the batteries should auto-discharge to, with or without the hub; although it was not working for many people (hence the current update).

The 30% is the level recommended for long term storage, but batteries have to be discharged down to that level manually, either by flying or using the hub as a power bank to charge other devices.
2021-6-19
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

So my hub is almost certain indeed faulty...
2021-6-19
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I updated and charged them yesterday, and left them in the hub to test if the issue is solved or not, I'll share the results in a few days here.
2021-6-19
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 6-19 15:37
I updated and charged them yesterday, and left them in the hub to test if the issue is solved or not, I'll share the results in a few days here.

Thank you
2021-6-19
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 6-19 15:37

Thank you
2021-6-19
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Acydz Posted at 6-19 14:45
So my hub is almost certain indeed faulty...

Just try after the update again. The auto-discharge problem was not unified. Although batteries not discharging at all in the hub was a general problem, people had other, different  battery discharge issues as well (like my batteries never discharged more than %4, wherever they were). Maybe your batteries were over discharging when they were in the hub.

If not; yes, unfortunately it is not normal for the batteries to discharge down to 30% levels, especially in a matter of days
2021-6-19
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

CemAygun Posted at 6-19 16:53
Just try after the update again. The auto-discharge problem was not unified. Although batteries not discharging at all in the hub was a general problem, people had other, different  battery discharge issues as well (like my batteries never discharged more than %4, wherever they were). Maybe your batteries were over discharging when they were in the hub.

If not; yes, unfortunately it is not normal for the batteries to discharge down to 30% levels, especially in a matter of days

All my 3 batteries auto-discharge fine when left alone not plugeg anywhere, before and after the last update. I didnt try 1 thing: Left 1 battery on the drone... Will try that to see if it auto-discharge normally.
2021-6-20
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Acydz,

do you have something connected on the charging hub when you have that fast discharge?

The charging hub can be used as a power bank. Leaving any connections, even the charger could cause discharging.

If you do not have anything connected, then the behaviour is abnormal.
In the charging hub, my batteries keep up 100% charge. Out of the hub they discharged to around 70% level.

Testing now when I leave them into the hub if they will discharge and to which level.
2021-6-20
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

JohnDG Posted at 6-20 01:23
Hi Acydz,

do you have something connected on the charging hub when you have that fast discharge?

The hub is left alone, nothing connected on the USB.

If you update to the last firmware the batteries now should auto-discharge when in the hub like they do out of it, try it.
2021-6-20
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Turkey

I placed the batteries in the previously charged hub, one by one, into the mini and updated them, and then placed them back in the hub. 39 hours passed after the update but the batteries did not discharge. now i will recharge the batteries and retest.
2021-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you updated the firmware on all the batteries?
2021-6-20
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 02:04
Have you updated the firmware on all the batteries?

Yes, I did
2021-6-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Acydz Posted at 6-20 00:25
All my 3 batteries auto-discharge fine when left alone not plugeg anywhere, before and after the last update. I didnt try 1 thing: Left 1 battery on the drone... Will try that to see if it auto-discharge normally.

To what level do they discharge to when left out?
2021-6-20
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

CemAygun Posted at 6-20 11:51
To what level do they discharge to when left out?

arround 70/72% in about 2 weeks
2021-6-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Acydz Posted at 6-20 11:54
arround 70/72% in about 2 weeks

That is exactly what they are supposed to do, that is good news. Bad news is there might really be something wrong with your charging hub
2021-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Per the operator's manual 72% is the lowest level the batteries should auto-discharge to regardless of being in or outside the hub.

Hate to say it but I think your charging hub is defective.  
2021-6-21
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 04:26
Per the operator's manual 72% is the lowest level the batteries should auto-discharge to regardless of being in or outside the hub.

Hate to say it but I think your charging hub is defective.

Ya, going to talk to DJI to send my charging hub to warranty, thanks guys
2021-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Acydz Posted at 6-21 10:33
Ya, going to talk to DJI to send my charging hub to warranty, thanks guys

You're very welcome.    Hope you are able to get it replaced quickly.
2021-6-22
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 03:02
You're very welcome.    Hope you are able to get it replaced quickly.

Already started the warranty case, I will be giving news here about it.
2021-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Acydz Posted at 6-22 04:11
Already started the warranty case, I will be giving news here about it.

Sounds great.  Hoping for a positive outcome.
2021-6-23
Use props
Switch639
lvl.4
Germany

my day 8 after the update and leaving the batteries in the hub will be Sunday, will take a look at the charge level then
2021-6-24
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

Hi, bringing some good news (for now), the hub was indeed faulty, check the prints bellow

The board was faulty and probably some electronic component was discharging the batteries.
2021-7-1
Use props
Acydz
lvl.2
Portugal

So received a packet today, it came a brand new charging hub, sealed packed! Good work DJI!
2021-7-6
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Acydz Posted at 7-6 15:40
So received a packet today, it came a brand new charging hub, sealed packed! Good work DJI!

Ah nice to hear that, congrats
2021-7-6
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My batteries in the hub have discharged as expected, showing three lights after nine days. Happy days.
2021-7-13
Use props
Switch639
lvl.4
Germany

three lights and the 4th one blinking on my hub
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

I think there's an option to set how much you want it to discharge, and after how long. Have you tried that?
2021-7-14
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Acydz Posted at 7-6 15:40

Well, congrats!
2021-7-14
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-14 03:41
I think there's an option to set how much you want it to discharge, and after how long. Have you tried that?

There are no options regarding discharge, after nine days they discharge to 72%. Its fixed in software for the DJI charger, there are after market chargers that you can change the percentage to charge to.
2021-7-14
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/thread-140814-1-1.html

You can choose days and I read that you can also choose percentage. Perhaps I read some wrong info. Thanks for letting me know!
2021-7-15
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Alvara74 Posted at 7-15 04:56
https://forum.dji.com/thread-140814-1-1.html

You can choose days and I read that you can also choose percentage. Perhaps I read some wrong info. Thanks for letting me know!

If you have had read completely and correctly this is about the phantom drone.
Neither of MA2, A2S nor the Minis are able to.
2021-7-15
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-15 07:27
If you have had read completely and correctly this is about the phantom drone.
Neither of MA2, A2S nor the Minis are able to.

I just skimmed through it. Sorry if it doesn't help you
2021-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules