Creating Carbon Fiber Phantom Shell
3190 4 2014-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sasvet02
lvl.1
United States

Hey Guys,

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on hydro dipping/painting a Phantom 2. I've read on other forums that some say the added weight, while minium, kills battery life. Some have said transmitting signals through a carbon fiber shell makes it weaker.

But I still see people painting their shells, either with car paint, or hydropdipping, and they don't report of any issues.

Has anyone done that to their drone? Any tips/advice? Any companies out there that specialize in such services?
2014-11-25
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

There have been many who have painted and placed decal type  covers on their birds.  Yes, I have seen some carbon fiber but they are not real carbon fiber as that would interfere with signals and way too expensive!!  Besides, where is the local autoclave ?? There may be an issue with metallic paint interfering with transmission.
2014-11-25
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

carbon firbe will shield but you said you want to paint it or dip it?
2014-11-26
Use props
sasvet02
lvl.1
United States

Daninho Posted at 2014-11-26 18:23
carbon firbe will shield but you said you want to paint it or dip it?

I'm actually looking at whatever option is best for the desired effect.
2014-11-26
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

sasvet02@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-27 01:40
I'm actually looking at whatever option is best for the desired effect.

a real carbon fibre shell is expansive and it will shield the signals but its lightweight. It would look awesome. You can paint it with a fake carbon look but it will never look like real carbon
2014-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules