3227 4 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Red Dirt
New
Flight distance : 19134 ft

Australia

Hi all,

I'm preparing for a remote trip and started setting up my Phantom 4 Pro.

I noted that since my last trip the DJI Go 4 app had updated. Previous I was able to use by iPad Pro with USB C just fine.

I plugged in my Ipad Pro with its USB A to USB C cable and no connection. I tried several different cables and no joy.

I went to JBHiFi and bought a $30 new armoured hispeed cable - no luck.

I connected my iPhone 11 with its USB A to lightning connector and it works fine.

I connected my wife's older iPad with its lightning connector its works fine.

I also tried Litchi and it won't connect with the USB-C.

Seems like it might be iPadOS 14.6 interface with the apps.

Thanks

2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Red Dirt. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPad OS 14.6 interface ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI application and for the said DJI drone. There is a possibility that the iPad OS 14.6 interface will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2021-6-20
Use props
Red Dirt
New
Flight distance : 19134 ft

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-20 23:23
Hello there Red Dirt. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPad OS 14.6 interface ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI application and for the said DJI drone. There is a possibility that the iPad OS 14.6 interface will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Thanks Stephen,

I'd concluded that the firmware in the Phantom 4 Pro remote controller was not yet compatible with the new iPadOS 14.6 and USB C.

It was working fine about 6 months ago when I last used the Drone, so I suppose the constant updating of each firmware/ software hasn't kept up and has affected the USB C connection.

As i say the IPhone 11 using IOs 14.6 and lightning connector works fine. Also my wife's older iPad with a lightning connector  and  iPadOS 14.6 work as well.

When do you think DJI might address this issue?

Thanks
2021-6-20
Use props
Tosis
New
United Kingdom

Confirmed issue with iPadOS 14.6 and controller USB type-A socket

Confirmed your experience with my Mavic Pro and iPad running iPadOS 14.6.

Specifics:
iPad 12.9” 4th generation cellular model, iPad OS v14.6, DJI Go 4 v4.3.42
GL200A controller, drone, and battery all running on latest firmware with latest available geozone data loaded

When I connect a USB 3.1 certified type-A to type-C cable between the controller and iPad, the tablet briefly indicates that it is charging, then changes state to not charging. There is no indication that the two devices communicate.

That said, if I use the micro-USB to USB-C cable provided with the controller (all of 2” inches long, <7cm) then the two happily connect and both DJI Go 4 and AirMap happily behave as I’d expect them to under normal circumstances.

My inexpert thoughts - the tablet sees the controller as a power source and not a host device. I’ll leave it to DJI to investigate and take appropriate action. In the interim I’m either reverrting to using a phone or purchasing a micro-USB to type-A adapter dongle.

@DJI staff - it’s been 5 months since the last update to DJI Go 4 and a month since Red Dirt posted this initially. Referring to the Mavic Pro, it’s also been nearly 2 years, at a guess, since the last firmware updates for controller, drone, or batteries were last released. Do we expect to any effort to resolve this issue with iPad OS 14.6+ and the controller USB-A socket?
2021-7-21
Use props
djiuser_25HmH74KCjHG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123133 ft
United Kingdom

DJI please update on this ASAP, Apple no longer sign the iPadOS 14 IPSW so it is not even an option to downgrade anymore. It is essential that DJI Fly works on iPad Pro using iPadOS 15 urgently
2021-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules