DJI FPV "Fan Error"
4370 6 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_f4eeruguvavT
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know a quick fix for this issue as my dji fpv quad tjrns on perfectly and everything else works when starting up but wont take off because of this "Fan error " code. I popped off the canopy to give a look and there is nothjng stuck in there
20210620_075423.jpg
20210620_075421.jpg
2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if the internal fan of your DJI FPV is working. If the said DJI FPV fan is not working. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said DJI drone thoroughly. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-6-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

You might want to check to make sure the fan is plugged in. Here's a photo showing where the fan connects to a PCB. Sorry I don't have a good photo showing where the connector is in proper context of an assembled drone.
DjiFanConnector.jpg
The above photo shows the bottom side of the PCB. If I remember correctly, the heatsink and GPS board are above the PCB shown in the photo.

I posted links to videos of multiple teardown videos in this post. Hopefully you can see where the fan connects in one or more of these videos.
2021-6-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Quote from the thread with the teardown videos:

"I myself have never crashed my quad but I get a message saying “fan error” and the drone won’t engage for flight.nothing wrong with the motors but yes they don’t start up and the RC is connected 100%when I took the canopy off and manually tried to rotate the fan it makes a low grinding sound as if something is stuck in there"

Ouch, that doesn't sound good. The fan can be removed as shown in a couple of the videos. You just have to carefully pry it away from the heatsink. It's stuck down with double sided tape.

If there is debris in the fan, it might not be covered by warrantee. If you can't clean out the fan, you could either replace it yourself or send it in to DJI to repair. I've seen several places online where you can purchase DJI drone parts. Apparently there are people who buy the complete drone to sell as parts. If you have trouble finding one of these sellers let us know and we can point you to some of these sites.

There's also the option of having DJI fix it. I've heard they're not cheap but they also aren't completely unreasonably priced.
Edit: If you are sure you didn't damage the fan yourself, you could send it in for warrantee repair.
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_f4eeruguvavT
lvl.1

United States

Duane Degn Posted at 6-21 05:52
Quote from the thread with the teardown videos:

"I myself have never crashed my quad but I get a message saying “fan error” and the drone won’t engage for flight.nothing wrong with the motors but yes they don’t start up and the RC is connected 100%when I took the canopy off and manually tried to rotate the fan it makes a low grinding sound as if something is stuck in there"

Yea I definitely know I didn’t do any damage whatsoever as I don’t know what I’m doing taking it apart and it is still under the 1 yr warranty even tho I have the DJI refresh I purchased
2021-6-21
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

I broke mine. ripped the connector off the board.
was some job of micro soldering under a microscope to reconnect the 4 little traces to the socket...
If you did not crashed it, it may be just a loose plug. just double check it. if the fan is broken: you can buy the fan itself for 8 bucks...
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_f4eeruguvavT
lvl.1

United States

MoppelMat Posted at 6-21 10:55
I broke mine. ripped the connector off the board.
was some job of micro soldering under a microscope to reconnect the 4 little traces to the socket...
If you did not crashed it, it may be just a loose plug. just double check it. if the fan is broken: you can buy the fan itself for 8 bucks...

I looked to see if it was a loose plug but it’s not and I know the fan you could circulate by just blowing on it but I have to manually with my finger rotate as if something is stuck in there
2021-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules