Help needed.
970 8 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hserouti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
Ireland

Hi Everyone, newbie here and I just got my drone DJI mini 2. I used it for a day then went for a trip few miles away from home and I was getting error message "RC not connected"
I spent few days reading few comments and watch some videos, I started with the basic try and download firmware. however. when I click on check for update under "about" I get "AIR CRAFT CONNECTION REQUIRED".
I have tried to follow the process to see if there is an update required via laptop and downloaded the DJI assistance (both of them - one at the time, just in case) with no joy. it would only work when I connect the dji assistance 2 and plug the cable to the controller (not the craft - as it wont work) and then I click on update, I see the upload being completed and once done, I try again, and it is the same thing, no changes.
Am I missing anything?
Any help would be appreciated.
2021-6-20
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

It's normal for the rc to sometimes disconnect, anything from trees between the drone and controller to wifi signals from buildings can cause interference. Also, if you are flying outside of North America, the signal laws are different, so the drone automatically cuts the signal power in half when flying outside of North America to meet local regulations. If you are really having signal problems, you can buy inexpensive range extenders for about $15
2021-6-20
Use props
hserouti
lvl.1
Ireland

Drone Exploration Posted at 6-20 08:47
It's normal for the rc to sometimes disconnect, anything from trees between the drone and controller to wifi signals from buildings can cause interference. Also, if you are flying outside of North America, the signal laws are different, so the drone automatically cuts the signal power in half when flying outside of North America to meet local regulations. If you are really having signal problems, you can buy inexpensive range extenders for about $15

Much appreciated for the prompt response, however, the issue is not related to connection, the drone wont even fly at this stage. I am getting grey screen with the red message RC not connected, so when I try to click on the 3 ... on right top corner and then control scroll down and hit connect to Aircraft, I get Linking failed. I checked the firmware update and still nothing has changed.
I hope that make sense.
2021-6-20
Use props
djiuser_8dPGus0Vwt9s
New

France

Start by turning on your DJI Mini 2, turn on your remote control and then connect your smartphone using the supplied USB cable. Start the DJI Fly app from your smartphone and click on "Camera View". Enter the settings symbolized by three dots at the top right of the application. Enter the "Control" tab and then press "Connect to device". The radio control starts beeping and its LEDs flash in sequence. From the drone, press the battery power button for about 4 seconds, the drone beeps once and the LEDs flash alternately. The pairing request is therefore active on both devices, it stops as soon as the drone and the remote control are paired.

2021-6-20
Use props
djiuser_8dPGus0Vwt9s
New

France

I hope that will help you
2021-6-20
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

djiuser_8dPGus0Vwt9s Posted at 6-20 10:04
Start by turning on your DJI Mini 2, turn on your remote control and then connect your smartphone using the supplied USB cable. Start the DJI Fly app from your smartphone and click on "Camera View". Enter the settings symbolized by three dots at the top right of the application. Enter the "Control" tab and then press "Connect to device". The radio control starts beeping and its LEDs flash in sequence. From the drone, press the battery power button for about 4 seconds, the drone beeps once and the LEDs flash alternately. The pairing request is therefore active on both devices, it stops as soon as the drone and the remote control are paired.
Sry, thought that you said that you got the error a few miles away. Maybe try resting the drone to factory settings? At this point im honestly not sure, i would email dji support and see what they say. Sorry i cant be more help
Edit: just to be clear, have you tried reseting the firmware through dji assistant on pc, or did you just check for an update on your phone? If not, i would download dji assistant and reset the firmware
2021-6-20
Use props
hserouti
lvl.1
Ireland

Drone Exploration Posted at 6-20 11:30
Sry, thought that you said that you got the error a few miles away. Maybe try resting the drone to factory settings? At this point im honestly not sure, i would email dji support and see what they say. Sorry i cant be more help
Edit: just to be clear, have you tried reseting the firmware through dji assistant on pc, or did you just check for an update on your phone? If not, i would download dji assistant and reset the firmware

No worries at all, I do appreciate your help and guidance,
For clarity, it all started when I went away (south Ireland) for few days, tried to use the drone and I was getting RC not connected. first thing I have done was to try and do some reading, then I went to check for firmware update, and that's where I was getting  message linking failed. even when I try to go to the control tab and all the way down to hit "connect to Aircraft" I get linking failed.
After that, I have tried the PC and download the DJI assistance 2 and connected the controller (as it wouldn't work with the drone) it would only work with the controller.  there was no update required but I did refresh and tried to download and still wont fly.
I tried to connect the drone with the controller using the combination of they 3 keys on controller then 4 sec on the drone, I could hear the beep and both stopped beeping but no connection.

Can you please help me understand how to you reset the firmware ?
2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hserouti. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to relink your DJI Mini 2. Once done, please reconnect the RC cable, connect your mobile device, and launch the DJI Fly to see if the problem has been resolved. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2021-6-20
Use props
hserouti
lvl.1
Ireland

Good Morning, I have already tried that and just tried it again with no joy
Both Drone and controller do beep twice at the end after I click on the power buttons like instructed in the video which is a sign that they are linked, however I am still having same issue
Red message "RC Not connected" and when I try to click on the 3 dots on right top corner and then go to control, scroll down and hit connect to Aircraft, I get Linking failed
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules