Drowned Mavic Air while RTH
644 5 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssokol91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67051 ft
United States

Mavic Air drowned the other day. Flew same route before.
Encountered a sudden wind gust, aircraft did receive RTH command and was going home.
According to an innocent passing paddle boarder, it went up and then committed suicide by dropping in the water.
Tried looking for it around the area using the last coordinates, but no luck.
I have the DJI Care Refresh, but not sure if it covers it.
Will try contacting DJI to see what could be done.

Last Flight Log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0SBMXLJ7V35BVA3YH0SQ
Please share any thoughts and advice on how to handle this with DJI.

Thanks!

2021-6-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight.

At 2m52s MA was flying at baro height -5.2 meter at distance out 743 meters.
RTH activated due to loss of connection.
MA did climb to 15 meters, aligned to HP and climbned further to 30 meters, at 30 meters at 3m26 distance out 713 meters.

Last records your MA was flying to HP with speed increasing from zero to 5.5 ms, so it was still accelerating.....
Last record at 2m20.2s  with 80% battery (cell values normal) at 704 meters away and normal pitch down of 29 degrees.

So no indication in the log why it dropped out of the sky.

cheers
JJB

2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ssokol91.  I am sorry to read and to know that you have lost your DJI Mavic Air. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. If the said DJI drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-6-20
Use props
ssokol91
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-20 18:33
Hello there ssokol91.  I am sorry to read and to know that you have lost your DJI Mavic Air. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. If the said DJI drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hello Stephen

What item should I choose in your link to contact the DJI Support?

Thanks!
2021-6-20
Use props
fans815eaf4c
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-20 10:47
Hi,

Had a look at your flight.

Thank you JBB.

What do you think "Auto Landing" command timeout was at 2m 30.4s?
At 2m 30.4s Downlink Restored is when I finally got the connection back on my remote and I frantically pressed RTH, and then 2-3 seconds later connection was lost again.

Thanks again for your input.

2021-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI,

as far as i can read in your log, the autolanding at 2m32.4 was bc of pressing the autoland soft button in the app, loosing connection triggered the RTH.
Between 2m24.7 and 2m52.7s no connection, after that connected again.
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules