Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV Newbie
616 6 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PGonz
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,
I just got a DJI FPV, and I'm a newbie. It was on my bucket list, so here it is!

I've scanned all the online help, and it's very good. Just one question so far:
Can I fly the FPV just on my iPhone or iPad? That is, can I fly it without using the goggles? I'd like to have that as an option sometimes.

Thanks!

2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PGonz. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI FPV. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads

2021-6-20
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

You don't have to look through the goggles to fly the drone but the you do have to turn the goggles on and have them present as you fly.
You can view the FPV feed from the drone on your iPhone or iPad but I don't think it will contain the extra data you'd see in the goggles. Your iPhone or iPad would need to be plugged into the goggles in order to view the video.
I'm not positive, but there might be a bit of a delay between the image seen in the goggles and the image shown on the iPhone.
2021-6-20
Use props
PGonz
lvl.1
United States

Thanks much to both of you for your help.

I'm looking forward to climbing that learning curve!

PGonz
2021-6-21
Use props
PGonz
lvl.1
United States

After having gone through some great experiences with the FPV, I’ve ordered a Mini 4 Pro. After I receive it, I am planning a trip to San Francisco, hoping to capture some good flights there. I’m taking United Airlines, and want to be sure the battery regulations are within my reach.

What I see from the regulations on United.com is that the specs for the Mini 4 pro batteries are well within their rules for carry-on and checked bags. The only question now is that United says only two batteries for carry-on. I’ll have three batteries total.

Any suggestions from someone experienced in airline travel with this kind of drone?

Many thanks,
PGonz
2023-10-23
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

PGonz Posted at 10-23 08:02
After having gone through some great experiences with the FPV, I’ve ordered a Mini 4 Pro. After I receive it, I am planning a trip to San Francisco, hoping to capture some good flights there. I’m taking United Airlines, and want to be sure the battery regulations are within my reach.

What I see from the regulations on United.com is that the specs for the Mini 4 pro batteries are well within their rules for carry-on and checked bags. The only question now is that United says only two batteries for carry-on. I’ll have three batteries total.

Fly another airline.
Or, two loose batteries that are secured and covered and one battery already inside the drone.
2023-10-23
Use props
PGonz
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. That’s what made sense to me, so I appreciate the affirmation.

Best,
PGonz
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules